Thor_Godofthunder
+1|6305
I have searched the forum but can't find anything usefull. What videosettings do you guy's have on BF2 because I have noticed that setting everything on highest is't neccassery better .

Thanx in advance

Thor
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6338

Well, I can give you one tip, if you set your dynamic shadows down to medium or low, you can see infantry better when they try and hide in areas where its dark

edit- higher resolution is always better if your monitor can handle it. Im runnin it at 1168x1024. But I can run it in 1200+.... *Wonders why I don't*

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-04-03 13:24:32)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

These....

Having o-so-sexy graphics+long-loading-times wore off after 1 and a half years.

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Titch249/settings-1.jpg
Thor_Godofthunder
+1|6305
Ok I'll give it a go thanks for the tips m8
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6602
i have everything cranked up and sod the loading times. i'm usually quite quick on the servers anyway.
Koavauxe
+15|6436
Ive got everything cranked up on high, I've got dynamic lighting & shadowing OFF as it improves teh overall framerates. Resolution @ 1280x1024
_raab
+28|6244|Western Aust.
I've got everything on low. 16  FPS. running off 512 mb 128mb geforce 5200 pci card, 2.8ghz processor. I learnt and adapted to these shitty graphics.
']['error
Banned
+630|6654|The Netherlands

_raab wrote:

I've got everything on low. 16  FPS. running off 512 mb 128mb geforce 5200 pci card, 2.8ghz processor. I learnt and adapted to these shitty graphics.
ROFL! +1 for your computer

ontopic: I run everything high with 4 x AA.

p4 3Ghz processor
2gb ram
7900gt pci-e card

about 40-80 fps
darkhorror
+1|6284
1280x960 refresh rate 85hz, Terrain is on LOW as then the grass isn't showen untill you get close to it where on High it's shown over a longer distance. Shadows on LOW(dynamic shadows on OFF) this makes the map much brighter and the enemies seem to stand out where as before they would blend in or could hide. Everything else on high.

Usually around 100 fps never below 90.

Last edited by darkhorror (2007-04-04 07:47:46)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
settings for flying:
1440x900
high high high high medium medium medium 4x AA high AF, forced Vsync

settings for infantry:
1440x900
medium high high medium low off off 0x AA, low AF, forced Vsync
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6338|105 RVK
Dynamic shdows, off, Lighting low, terraint low, rest is on high
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6720

Thor_Godofthunder wrote:

I have searched the forum but can't find anything usefull. What videosettings do you guy's have on BF2 because I have noticed that setting everything on highest is't neccassery better .

Thanx in advance

Thor
1680x1050, low light, high everything else, 6xaa = win
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6338|105 RVK

TehMyke wrote:

Thor_Godofthunder wrote:

Thanx in advance

Thor
1680x1050, low light, high everything else, 6xaa = win
baha 6x?
8x = win

btw havnt seen u on 1.03 in a while
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6720

Missionless wrote:

btw havnt seen u on 1.03 in a while
iv been pulling late nighters
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
Maxed out.. All settings -> High AA x4

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-04-04 09:17:18)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6359|Belfast
i play all medium but with shadows,lighting and AA off
my main specs:
ATI(omg)Radeon 9200 seris (this isnt a supported card it says 9500 aand above) nice one EA
1.5gig RAM
i dunno what my procseer is (pentium 4?)
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin
Overall Quality: This setting allows you to choose a pre-defined video settings level, however it is definitely not recommended that you use this method: make sure it's set to Custom then manually adjust the various elements of your video settings as covered below:

Terrain: This setting controls how rich the details on the terrain are. The available options here are Low, Medium and High. Note that at each higher level of terrain setting, there are more visible features in the terrain, such as more grass, different types of foliage, more sand, pebbles and so forth. However this comes at the cost of a noticeable decrease in your performance, especially at the High level. The image quality difference between Low and Medium is pronounced, while that of Medium to High is not so noticeable - therefore Medium is recommended.

Effects: This setting controls various special effects in the game. The difference between Medium and High is not noticeable, but when set to Low the most significant impact is that decals such as bullet holes will no longer appear on walls and objects. However even at Low the explosions, smoke and puffs of dust from bullet impacts will still appear in full detail. The effects setting does not have a major impact on overall performance, however if you are slowing down significantly during heavy combat scenes reduce it to Low to improve FPS. Note that you cannot disable the 'blurred vision' effect which occurs when you are near an explosion - that is a part of the game regardless of your settings, and to disable it (even if possible) would be considered a cheat.

Geometry: The Geometry setting controls the Level of Detail (LOD) setting for various objects and landscape in the game. The options are Low, Medium and High and for most intents and purposes there is virtually no difference between the three levels. At higher levels certain objects will appear more detailed, such as rounder boulders and more curved landscape (i.e. more polygons visible). More importantly, at the higher levels vehicles will come into view sooner when far away, as more of their details are shown earlier. Obviously performance is better at the lowest level, but the extent of it depends on your system. For the reason that it may help you detect vehicles sooner, you may want to set this to Medium or High.

Texture: Textures are the 2 dimensional surfaces of every 3D object in the game. The higher this setting, the better these surfaces appear, with more detail and realism. However at higher settings more Video RAM is required to hold all of them for rapid access by the game. Thus on systems with only 128MB of Video RAM or less and/or slow hard drives I recommend using Medium or even Low to ensure smoother gameplay. The High setting will improve image quality slightly over the Medium setting, but will contribute greatly to frequent loading pauses and generally reduce performance in the game. The difference between Low and Medium is most noticeable in the blurring of the landscape and the player's clothing at Low. At Medium this sharpens up noticeably, and at High there is only a slight improvement over Medium. For that reason Medium is recommended, to be lowered to Low if you still suffer from frequent loading pauses.

Lighting: This setting controls the lightmaps used for static objects in the game, such as building. The difference between High and Medium is negligible, while Medium to Low results in the complete removal of the fixed shadows for the building. This is far less realistic, and for that reason I recommend Medium Lighting. High is not necessary and will contribute noticeably to loading pauses.

Dynamic Shadows: This setting controls the shadows cast by moving objects. These 'dynamic' shadows can be switched Off, or set to Low, Medium or High. Each higher level of dynamic shadows means slightly more detailed shadows are cast, particularly for the shadows cast by players and vehicles. However this setting has a dramatic impact on performance, particularly when there are multiple sources of light. Setting this to High or even Medium will result in a great deal of lag/jerkiness during gameplay, and in particular during heavy combat scenes. I strongly recommend Medium or Low for most people, although setting this to Off removes all shadows and thus noticeably reduces realism.

Dynamic Light: This setting relates to lighting from muzzle flashes, fire, explosions, missiles etc. The available options are Off, Low, Medium and High. Quite obviously turning these lights Off reduces realism significantly, but improves performance noticeably. Dynamic lights interact with objects to cast shadows (See Dynamic Shadows setting above), and as such the impact of this setting also depends on your settings for Dynamic Shadows. I recommend Medium or lower for this setting, as a setting of High can contribute greatly to pauses, lag and jerkiness in the game.

Antialiasing: The options here are Off, 2x, and 4x. When enabled, Antialiasing (AA) smooths the appearance of jagged lines, something which BF2 has plenty of. The higher the level of Antialiasing (i.e. 2x, 4x, etc.), the greater the negative performance impact in return for better image quality. For more details and examples see my Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide. Using Antialiasing correctly is covered in the Troubleshooting Tips section above, but basically it involves disabling any forced Antialiasing in your graphics card's control panel, and then selecting it here if you want to enable it. For most people I recommend setting this option to Off for optimal performance as it can have a major negative impact if enabled.

Texture Filtering: This setting controls how crisp and clear textures look as they fade into the distance. The available options are Low, Medium and High, and the higher the setting the better the image quality in return for a decline in performance. The screenshot comparison below shows the impact of different levels of filtering - note in particular the different levels of the blurring on the dirt road leading off into the distance. The texture filtering settings at Medium and High should correspond with 2x Anisotropic Filtering (AF) and 4xAF respectively, with Low being Trilinear. For more details, again refer to my Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide. For most people the Medium setting should be optimal for performance purposes while still maintaining good image quality.

www.tweakguides.com

Last edited by I{endo (2007-04-04 09:41:47)

Shiffdaddy
+73|6344

wrote:

Note that you cannot disable the 'blurred vision' effect which occurs when you are near an explosion - that is a part of the game regardless of your settings, and to disable it (even if possible) would be considered a cheat.
It is possible and its not a cheat ...
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

I have all mine on high, but shadows off so I can see the infantry better.
AWSMsniper
+3|6320
1400x1050
all high but dynamic light with 2xAA

Last edited by AWSMsniper (2007-04-04 21:02:20)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6632|Gold coast, Aus.

Shiffdaddy wrote:

wrote:

Note that you cannot disable the 'blurred vision' effect which occurs when you are near an explosion - that is a part of the game regardless of your settings, and to disable it (even if possible) would be considered a cheat.
yep, mines off
adv3rsary
+28|6726
pretty much everything on medium except for geometry.. viewing distance at 100 and antialiasing off
spuddy1981
+10|6373|england
does any one not use viewing distance 90-100% It seams to make a big difference if i have it lower but pisses me off being shot when I carnt see someone.
docnutz
+39|6770|B O S T ON area
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663

gene_pool wrote:

Shiffdaddy wrote:

wrote:

yep, mines off
I wonder how

tinittus ftw.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-05-09 14:59:37)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard