>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6546|An Hour North of Indy
I guess I'll start off with telling you guys that sometimes when I turn off my computer, it gives me the prompt to let it install those updates as your computer is turning off. Well, the last two times that i did that, randomly, a few errors would pop up and it would make it so that i had to keep watching it as i was turning it off. Eventually, i would go to sleep. Usually, upon waking after the updating crap, I would find that it still was not done "installing" updates and so i would turn it off, even though it says do not do it.
        I know, I should've listened, but I figure that if it was taking over 6 hours, there was something wrong and it wasn't gonna finish anyways. Now to the present. I had that same thing happen last night, but when i woke up this morning, instead of it turning on regularly, as it usually does after those happenings, it froze at the log-in screen. Second reboot yielded my desktop, but then it gave me an svchost.exe error and it told me that something was wrong with my win32 within a few minutes of logging in and i told it to terminate, then it froze. Third and fourth reboot yielded the same results. Should i just reformat or is there a way to fix this? If you read all of this, thanks, and any helpful information is appreciated.

ATTN: Problem hopefully fixed

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2007-04-05 15:17:51)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6633|Deep In The South Of Texas
I vote for reformat.
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
I vote turn off automatic updates.

JG1567JG
+110|6580|United States of America
Have you tried to go into safe mode. See what happens.  Maybe try to finish the updates in safe mode.  Some people say not to use system restore but it has worked pretty good for me a couple of times.  If that doesn't help wait for a day or two and keep bumping your thread to see if somebody with some knowledge about this sort of thing will see it.  If all else fails REFORMAT. Reformatting will probably have you back up and running the fastest.
Try to back up what ever you can (i.e. movies, music, pics, and programs) <--(Maybe in Safe Mode)
From a fellow Hoosier "Have fun".  I know I did. I just reformatted about 2 weeks ago. Windows quite recognizing my keyboard after the Logitech 3.3 update for my mouse. I couldn't log in to windows.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-04-04 09:06:08)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6633|Deep In The South Of Texas

JG1567JG wrote:

.....keep bumping your thread to see if somebody with some knowledge about this sort of thing will see it.
That'd be me.

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

I vote for reformat.
I'll elaborate on my position, so as not to let the impression that I lack knowledge about this sort of thing linger.

When you didn't let Windows finish installing it's updates, you probably screwed up more things than you would want to try and fix manually. The easiest route to getting your rig back to normal is probably gonna be a full reformat. Or you could try a repair install.
san4
The Mas
+311|6680|NYC, a place to live

JG1567JG wrote:

Have you tried to go into safe mode. ... Maybe try to finish the updates in safe mode.  Some people say not to use system restore but it has worked pretty good for me a couple of times.
QFT
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6546|An Hour North of Indy
ATTN: I believe the error was fixed and i have resolved to not use automatic update anymore.
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
Good choice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard