Wisher1981
+1|6776|SWEDEN
well i know there must be more topics about this.. but i dont care... I HATE IT!!!!

played warlord yesterday... the losing team was down to 30 tickets and had 1 spawn point.. the winning team with me in.. had about 150 tickets... THE STUPID GAME PUTS ME ON THE LOOSING TEAM... if i had a gun and the guy who came up with the idea of putting autoswitch in to this game... i would shoot him....  first in his feet.. then hands... then legs.. then arms... then shoulders... then blow of his little tinker.. then beat him to death with the gun...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6788|UK
lol i have to agree it is very very anoying, ive gained about 20 loses because of it.
oberst_enzian
+234|6764|melb.au
it doesn't switch you if you are a squad leader. i don't think it switches you if you are a squad member either. so never go lone wolf, and be a squad leader if possible.
Orracle9191
+0|6745|Maryland, USA
Yeah it happesn all the time and its always when theres like 5 tickets left and ive lost like 20-30 games b/c of it.
*VNP*BOOMBazookaJoe
+0|6707
Not true, it'll change you even if in a squad and even if you're squad leader.  I have also been switched as commander, leaving the team without a commander.   That one was fucking bullshit!!!  I had commanded the team to a strong victory, then towards the end after most of the other team bailed out, their commander got me with artillary (for my 1st death of the round) and it switched me to the losing team.  LOCKED so I couldn't get back...  So, I command a team to victory and get nothing for it.  Talk about BULLSHIT!!!
DSRTurtle
+56|6707
The autoswitch is bs.  You should never be switched because of dying if you are a commander or squadleader or in a squad.  If your a lone wolf, then you take your chances and too bad for you.
topal63
. . .
+533|6740

Orracle9191 wrote:

Yeah it happesn all the time and its always when theres like 5 tickets left and ive lost like 20-30 games b/c of it.
WTF! EA/DICE!

Why would any game-logic (code) do this, it makes no sense at all - especially at the end of a round. At the beginning of a round - sure - maybe - then as people join the sever one goes to one side and another to the other etc. . .

But assigning players to make up fair & balanced-teams, to play a round (and finish-out~!) is problematic, and it is difficult to code for it correctly - to make the balance right/fair through-out a round.

The problem with auto-balance, is two-fold IMO,
1.) As-is: it does it in a stupid manner (it could make the rounds more competitive - and avoid stacked teams - it therefore could/should have a reason for its existence). But it doesn’t take into account the (last) previous round of players on that server (the best indication of actual team-imbalance), were the actual team is stacked with players racking up both points & kills and therefore winning over and over. I can understand 1 round being out of balance - but not 2. It is one thing to loose by 1-50 tickets, but a little over 50 ticket-win (especially 100-200~! a ridiculously lop-sided win) should be auto-balanced, by re-assigning some of the TOP players (from the winning side) to the last round losing side. That would actually be something that balances out the (next) round and make it more competitive. And as always that is merely a server option: ON or OFF.

2.) I think certain players try to dump the loss (avoid the STAT of another loss), by leaving the server altogether when they deem the round (or team) a lost cause - and they can’t switch sides. So some of this in-round switching can be blamed on the STUPID game-logic, some on disconnections, some on this really is a lost cause, and quite a bit can also be attributed to your fellow players that are STAT-whores.

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-16 16:12:14)

Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6734|Wherever the F**k i feel like
the problem is even with server that dont have a utobalance ea takes it upon themselve to put auto balance in the server
oberst_enzian
+234|6764|melb.au

*VNP*BOOMBazookaJoe wrote:

Not true, it'll change you even if in a squad and even if you're squad leader.  I have also been switched as commander, leaving the team without a commander.   That one was fucking bullshit!!!  I had commanded the team to a strong victory, then towards the end after most of the other team bailed out, their commander got me with artillary (for my 1st death of the round) and it switched me to the losing team.  LOCKED so I couldn't get back...  So, I command a team to victory and get nothing for it.  Talk about BULLSHIT!!!
seriously? that's weird. i used to get switched all the time - i mean EVERY SECOND ROUND - until i started being squad leader all the time, and it hasn't happened since. what you're describing sounds to me like work of a lame admin rather than autobalance, as i seriously doubt that autobalance would switch a commander, even if they are dead. I have played on a server where the other team was losing really badly so most of them disconnected, leaving teams of 17 - 11, and because everyone on my team was squaded up, no-one got switched, no matter how often they died, which is when it happens. seriously, i could be wrong, but reckon it was a lame ass admin that switched you rather than autobalance.
DSRTurtle
+56|6707
Some servers switch everyone who is one side to the other at the start of a new round.  regardless if you were a commander, squad leader, squad memeber, or lone wolf.  I guess this done to "autobalance" scores.
crotchlemur
+8|6706|The Lemur's Den

*VNP*BOOMBazookaJoe wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me.  I was owning the other team as commander.  Our tickets were around 200 and their tickets were below 10.  I was about to earn myself a nice gold medal and a most excellent commander victory.  I finally got hit by the opposing artillery and found myself autoswitched.  Dammit!  Dammit!  Sonofabitch!  I couldn't get back to even salvage the win. WTF?!?!

I understand the idea behind balancing.  I have bitched about lopsided servers more often than I've been screwed by being switched.  But that round really pissed me off.

I believe that the latest patch changed the way commanders (squad leaders/members too?) are handled by balancing.  My experience was prior to that patch.

Last edited by crotchlemur (2006-01-16 21:11:07)

AdamEcks
+1|6724|Canada, Eh.
The last patch definately took care of this, it was one of the topics on the "fix" list. If you don't want to be switched lead a squad or command and let the lone wolfs get screwed.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6866|United Kingdom
and the admin scripts can set it up so squad members / commanders / leaders are changed

or it coule be set up to only allow commanders to be changed which i think its a bit off. there are some badly configured servers out there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard