elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6445|USA
After trying it on the j10, su34, and mig, I found no difference, except that if they dont turn the missiles hit (ZOMG) But if they do turn upside down they miss, as always.
G.I.Dude(CAN)
+3|6251|Vancouver, B.C.

montypythizzle wrote:

I am still unaware of the no lock-on trick explain this better to me please!! FYI I just spam all 6 missiles at them when behind them
No lock-on-trick is basically firing all missiles without waiting for the steady tone. That means firing as soon as you switch to missile mode. 1-st missile usually misses but the rest get auto-lock-on

You are absolutely right Sarge. If you fire the missiles directly behind the J10, they won't out turn it, but if you are really close to it (about 1 jet-lengh behind) and switch to missile and spam you are guaranteed 90% chance of getting the J10 because 1) He won't have time to react, 2)The missiles are gonna go straight up it's butt! No chance of missing, even if the J10 flares.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6325

G.I.Dude(CAN) wrote:

montypythizzle wrote:

I am still unaware of the no lock-on trick explain this better to me please!! FYI I just spam all 6 missiles at them when behind them
No lock-on-trick is basically firing all missiles without waiting for the steady tone. That means firing as soon as you switch to missile mode. 1-st missile usually misses but the rest get auto-lock-on :D

You are absolutely right Sarge. If you fire the missiles directly behind the J10, they won't out turn it, but if you are really close to it (about 1 jet-lengh behind) and switch to missile and spam you are guaranteed 90% chance of getting the J10 because 1) He won't have time to react, 2)The missiles are gonna go straight up it's butt! No chance of missing, even if the J10 flares.
Really? I thought that the no-lock-on-trick was where you fly around in bomber mode, until you see an enemy then get in position, flip to missile mode, and blow the shit out of him.
buckers13
+0|6539|ChCh New Zealand

Shiffdaddy wrote:

G.I.Dude(CAN) wrote:

montypythizzle wrote:

No lock-on-trick is basically firing all missiles without waiting for the steady tone. That means firing as soon as you switch to missile mode. 1-st missile usually misses but the rest get auto-lock-on

Really? I thought that the no-lock-on-trick was where you fly around in bomber mode, until you see an enemy then get in position, flip to missile mode, and blow the shit out of him.
me too
montypythizzle
+21|6594
OK I will try that on a MIG v F35 map!!! W1n

What other maps have MIG V F35?
besides OMAN.
Then I will get used to it and then try it out on the wake/dalian/drag00n.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6744|Toronto, ON
This was known for quite awhile by all the CAL-Main teams, just never shared to the public as with the other 347097 tricks.

Pubbers FTL.
Alpha as fuck.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6325

montypythizzle wrote:

OK I will try that on a MIG v F35 map!!! W1n

What other maps have MIG V F35?
besides OMAN.
Then I will get used to it and then try it out on the wake/dalian/drag00n.
Zatar Wetlands
Shiffdaddy
+73|6325

Nyte wrote:

This was known for quite awhile by all the CAL-Main teams, just never shared to the public as with the other 347097 tricks.

Pubbers FTL.
Damn, what other tricks are you "clan people" keeping from us "n00bs".
I love getting taught these little tips.  They help a lot.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6577|Seattle

Nyte wrote:

Pubbers FTL.
i was playing with peacemaker-nL today. damn i wish i had those nL usersettings. its almost a joke watching what he can do. he could clearly shoot midair because of the way his movement and gunning dont sync up.

One time in particular he didnt notice me sneak up on him and it took 8 m16 bursts (24 shots) point blank for the kill to register, and he wasnt sprinting, just strafing back and forth in place. i play enough bf2 to know that any other player would have been wasted in the absolute maximum of four bursts (and that alone would be really weird at 2m distance), but w/e, its peacemaker, i guess nL figured out how to get the game loaded in easy mode or something.

not to mention all the times he headshotted me the instant i saw him, as i just dusted his head in the same time frame, often shooting first. and sometimes he was playing intelligently, like he would kill my squadmate and i before we could locate him, or land nades on us from out of nowhere when there was clearly no UAV, but other times his playing seemed downright stupid, like laying prone in the middle of the street, seemingly impervious to bullets but just picking up kill after kill spamming the AK or m16 on auto.

if he wasnt a "well known good player" id just call hacks, but i doubt its that simple, the bizarre hitreg alone would account for most of why his moves worked, and I can deal with a little bit of nade ESP. there were only 8 of us in the server so i had tons of opportunities to see his playing. my point is that its not just little pointers and tips that make the difference in CAL, all the successful teams modify their settings, or have inherently screwed up computers/internet connections, such that they generate dust like crazy on defense and get perfect hit reg when they shoot. So its a joke if some recreational players come up against them. Even if you matched them in skill, they would take all the 1v1 kills because half as many of your shots count.

I've been messing around with usersettings to see if I can get my own gnarly configuration, and some settings I've chosen worked great for pumping bullets into some warchild players. But those same settings didnt work agaisnt peacemaker, so clearly there is more to know/more tweaking to do.

And its unfortunate because the top CAL teams were probably all founded on legit playing, but at this point its hard to credit most individual players with that much skill when you see them reacting slower but still getting kills. If they were that good then I would expect their reaction times to be as good as their hitreg. b/c reaction takes skill, hitreg is software. and props to people with skill, i know CAL is full of skill. but when differences in hitreg evidently outweigh differences in skill then the whole competition component is lost, regardless of how skilled players may be.

thats why you shouldnt take this game seriously. hacks and exploitations for the game arent rampant in the avg pub, but there are tons of them, and anybody that wants to win badly enough (cal players) can access them. and keep in mind that while nL wins every single internet bf2 infantry competition, they lost at the only competition that required them to play on a LAN under supervision. o.O And it gets even funnier if you have ever noticed mediocre players join top teams and suddenly become very difficult to kill.

sorry if this derails your thread sarge, youve posted for us a good, LEGITIMATE tip that i hope to try out soon. im just chiming in with nyte's cynicism b/c it was already on my mind. and god damn, sorry this post got so long.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-04-03 07:28:19)

roshambo14
+7|6444

Marinejuana wrote:

i was playing with peacemaker-nL today. damn i wish i had those nL usersettings. its almost a joke watching what he can do. he could clearly shoot midair because of the way his movement and gunning dont sync up.

~
~
~

sorry if this derails your thread sarge, youve posted for us a good, LEGITIMATE tip that i hope to try out soon. im just chiming in with nyte's cynicism b/c it was already on my mind. and god damn, sorry this post got so long.
I hear you on that.  My clan played in an 8v8 scrim against a CAL team and it was amazing how nades landed perfectly at our feet, or there was always someone behind us when we thought the whole team was dead, or how an AK-47 would headshot me from 100m every single time yet I could barely land a hit on anyone <20m.  Really bothered me for a while, I couldnt see how someone can make shots that precise from a gun thats not that accurate in the first place.  I mean Im not the best at this game but I can hold my own.  Then I started thinking about it and figured those guys just knew things I didnt (about  settings) and decided to forget about it.  Does me no good to worry about shit like that.  If thats how they want to play the game so be it.  Just dont include me in it so you can rape me while basically not being to do a damn thing about it.
montypythizzle
+21|6594
YEAH piss on them pr0s stay in your unranked!!!!
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land
Peacemak3r and biggytim don't hack, they're just the best bf2 players in the world

My clan played in an 8v8 scrim against a CAL team and it was amazing how nades landed perfectly at our feet, or there was always someone behind us when we thought the whole team was dead, or how an AK-47 would headshot me from 100m every single time yet I could barely land a hit on anyone <20m.
thats not really very difficult with any of the rifles in bf2, especialy in bfpro.  What matters is whether or not your connection/hit reg sucks. 

and just as a helpful hint try to be connected directly to your router by ethernet cable, not through wireless.  wireless anywhere is not that great, but the router is not good at all
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
ok blehm, be quiet please. As I have told marinejuana, NOBODY here in the europe scene knows why or how about hitreg. It's fucked. I have suffered from it extensively, never getting ANYWHERE in trying to fix it.

Shiffdaddy wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Pubbers FTL.
Damn, what other tricks are you "clan people" keeping from us "n00bs".
I love getting taught these little tips.  They help a lot.
I know several things from playing 'pro' for all that time that I'm not going to go telling everyone on teh intrawebsxzz!!11one. the things you can do with tweaking .con files alone is scary

marine, you are completely right. One of the Code7 players was known as the pro tweaker in europe, he found out about some nasty things that I only came to know about by finding them myself (!) such as the EAX-distance tweak which lets you hear stuff from miles away. He probably knows a lot more too
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6547|An Hour North of Indy

SargeV1.4 wrote:

...EAX-distance tweak which lets you hear stuff from miles away...
I know a guy that can hear artillery from anywhere on the map when it goes off, but he doesnt seem to know or wont tell me how he can do it. Care to go more in-depth?
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6643|The Netherlands
I can use this guide
thnx
Mad Ad
+178|6503|England, UK

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

...EAX-distance tweak which lets you hear stuff from miles away...
I know a guy that can hear artillery from anywhere on the map when it goes off, but he doesnt seem to know or wont tell me how he can do it. Care to go more in-depth?
no - but you might want to look in sound.con just dont discuss it in this thread.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
J-10's = teribad.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6320

this whole game and all the clans are full of conspiracy.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard