krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6791|Great Brown North
before anyone says anything, YES I USED THE SEARCH and no i didnt see any posts about this. when i was trying to throw c4 earlier and switch quickly to detonator however when i pressed the button to blow it up, all that happened was another thing of c4 was thrown, then both exploded....
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6769|Brixham, UK
Yes, happened to me MANY times trying to get my basic explosives. It's annoying because I kept blowing up team mates
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6848|Finland
Yup sometimes it happens, but usually the one you threw later just disappears (MAGIC!) and doesnt damage you even if it blows up. Got this like 20 times while after expert explosives.
sent0
+0|6689|world
Use kamikazebuggys to become the easy c4 badges:p

Last edited by sent0 (2006-01-15 04:25:23)

tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6722
Kamikaze ATVs on Warlord FTW. They can't stop you, you're the fastest ground vehicle in the game, and you're tiny, plus the fact that yoiu blow up easily, makes for amazing C4 carriers.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6763|Upper Franconia

dunno who wrote:

HUH?? how to become a c4 badge???

Well, yes. Once you threw the C4 and right click it takes some time until he switches to the detonator. The player might think 'the game didnt notice that I've pushed the mouse button so i push it again'. Then you press it and switch to the C4 again.
So the bug is not that the C4 in your pockets magically explode, but that you don't switch to the detonator properly.

Last edited by lord_tyler_486 (2006-01-15 05:50:28)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6731|Melbourne, Australia
omfg i get the same glitch its so bloody annoying... im not realy a c4 thrower and i would try it more but this bug has just stoped me from doing so lol goodbye exsplosives ordinance badge
alf.ha
+5|6751|Berlin/Germany
Yeah I have the same problem with c4 and was wondering how most people can throw and explode the c4 so quickly. It seems that I have to wait a sec. more after switching to avoid this damn bug(?!) because when I'm too fast I throw another c4 and kill myself...

Explosive badge with atv on warlord is really easy. Got my veteran yesterday on a full 34 server. First round I had ca. 25 c4-kills but didn't got the badge. Next round I got the 23. kill with the last ticket(few sec. before end of the round) and expert should be possible on a 64 server. Atv and c4 is a deadly combination.

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

Well, yes. Once you threw the C4 and right click it takes some time until he switches to the detonator. The player might think 'the game didnt notice that I've pushed the mouse button so i push it again'. Then you press it and switch to the C4 again.
So the bug is not that the C4 in your pockets magically explode, but that you don't switch to the detonator properly.
That's one possible reason I know, but I don't hit the firebutton 2 times, so that's not the problem!!! I also wait till the detonator is in my hand, but it still happens.

Last edited by alf.ha (2006-01-15 06:09:43)

FrEaK
+1|6794|Finland

tehmoogles wrote:

Kamikaze ATVs on Warlord FTW. They can't stop you, you're the fastest ground vehicle in the game, and you're tiny, plus the fact that yoiu blow up easily, makes for amazing C4 carriers.
U definitely won't like me when im blowing ur ass up with a nadelauncher from the TV station roof when u are driving ur ATV

Last edited by FrEaK (2006-01-15 06:14:05)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6763|Upper Franconia
I think I'll make a video of how to use C4.
-brb-

I have confirmed my post up there.

Click here to watch C4-Video

[Direct link to the video for those who dislike the putfile site]Works only after you already visited the above site once.

I clicked the right mouse button only one time. Even if you're still holding the C4 in your hand, don't click twice!!

At the end I'm dying. But as you can see I didn't of the C4 that I've dropped right before because it didn't explode [like all the others that were buggy thrown]. I died of the blast of the others cuzz I was already wounded.

As soon as you right click right after throwing a C4, nothing will happen, but you switch to the detonator although, so dont wait until the remote controller turns up or even worse, don't click and click until it appears.

Last edited by lord_tyler_486 (2006-01-16 05:25:47)

alf.ha
+5|6751|Berlin/Germany
putfile.com sucks, I can't view any of the videos there.
khmer
+86|6689|Central California

alf.ha wrote:

hmm... Do you wait until it buffers up to 100%? Some files take a while to load up. I use FireFox and what I do is open the clip link in another tab and just let it load up, while browsing in another tab. To date I've never had any problems viewing clips on www.media.putfile.com. By the way sorry for going off topic.

I also hate the c4 glitch/bug. But I don't chuck c4 very often, so it's not really a big problem for me. I've done it before but only when I'm cornered or when an apc or tank is flying by me. If you do it correctly you can get two c4 onto a moving tank or apc. It's funny cause they don't know what hit them since they are in motion.

Nice video Lord_Tyler_486 . Just curious, how come you don't have the Explosives Ordinance Badge yet? Hopefully curiosity doesn't kill this cat

Last edited by khmer (2006-01-16 03:43:46)

Sluggit
+3|6730|Sweden
There is another tread about all that here.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9845

You can read my post and it will answer your question!!

Happy New bf2 Year!!!
lord_tyler_486
+54|6763|Upper Franconia

khmer wrote:

alf.ha wrote:

hmm... Do you wait until it buffers up to 100%? Some files take a while to load up. I use FireFox and what I do is open the clip link in another tab and just let it load up, while browsing in another tab. To date I've never had any problems viewing clips on www.media.putfile.com. By the way sorry for going off topic.

I also hate the c4 glitch/bug. But I don't chuck c4 very often, so it's not really a big problem for me. I've done it before but only when I'm cornered or when an apc or tank is flying by me. If you do it correctly you can get two c4 onto a moving tank or apc. It's funny cause they don't know what hit them since they are in motion.

Nice video Lord_Tyler_486 . Just curious, how come you don't have the Explosives Ordinance Badge yet? Hopefully curiosity doesn't kill this cat
Thank you khmer. Same with the knifing badge. I always get 1 less kill with knife or C4 than needed.
At teh end of da round I could jump out of the window when I run behind somebody with my knife/C4, I'm about to kill him and then - round ended... BAH
BTW: The video was not made on my local server. It was on an unranked official server [ German Defenders ].
alf.ha
+5|6751|Berlin/Germany
I didn't tried to view the videos with firefox, my fault, because with firefox it works. Thx
monkeyhunkeytunkey
+2|6753
ya i know the bug got me to losse my expert 1 rounnd now iim still trying to get it.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6804

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

dunno who wrote:

In order to get the badge, you have to become the badge.  Think like the badge would think.  If you were the badge, what would you do?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

aardfrith wrote:

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

dunno who wrote:

In order to get the badge, you have to become the badge.  Think like the badge would think.  If you were the badge, what would you do?
There is no C4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard