Flame-Catcher
+0|6707|Purgatory
Okay, here's the deal. I have tried numerous times to set up a private server to show my fellow BF2 buddy some good spots on the maps. When I launch the server, it won't show in the Internet but I find it on local. So in return he can't find the server to join. We've even tried to connect using the IP address. Now.....before you ask, I have clicked "Internet" on the server setup before I launched it. My bro has no problem launching a server and it showing. We've gone over the setup line by line to make sure I was using the same settings as he was and still nothing. After that failed, he stopped by the house to "double check" the settings and they were the same. I am thinking that maybe it has something to do with my linksys router but I can't find the settings to check that out. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Oh yeah, before the bitching starts...I used the search and came up with 22 pages of stuf that had nothing to do with this problem.....so an E for effort, I tried.

Flame-Catcher
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6763
i have never tried to do one from the game i was playing in i always setup on another system.
could be your firewall or your router.
Flame-Catcher
+0|6707|Purgatory
ummmm......maybe I should have should have titled the post:

"TA Firestone and BlazinUK are noob toobing bunny hopping stat padding glitchers caught in the act see video here!"

I bet you I would have gotten 1000 views with at least 40 replies......ummmmm anyone help?

Flame
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6734|Chester
Your software and/or hardware firewall... these would allow you to view other peoples servers, (as your PC sent the request outwards), but automatically block people from connecting inbound to your PC.

There's a huge list of ports you have to open to start an Internet server for BF2.
Also you could try Googling "Port Forwarding" and see if anything shows up.

Does your brother have the same software on his PC as you - same versions ???

Cheers
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6739|Norway
And it could also be that you'r behind a router..

that's atleast why I can run ATC..
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6734|Chester

Friluftshund wrote:

Hi Friluftshund !  Looks like me and you are answering most of the posts tonight  :^ )
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6739|Norway

Bacon_Bazooka wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

Hi Friluftshund !  Looks like me and you are answering most of the posts tonight  :^ )
Hehe - trying to be helpful/annoying I guess

I see your name fairly much too - fun posting isn't it?
Flame-Catcher
+0|6707|Purgatory
Well.....Thank you guys for the assistance. My buddy has the same proggys and etc except to router. It seems that I have to find what port number BF2 uses and change it.

Again thanks for the help.

Flame
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6774|Mark it zero.
how do you make a game that other people can join?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard