jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

I know you to be a rational person so I know this is not some rant to get huggles from the lamer 2142 haters that cling to these sort of threads like peter head lint.

You have to really prime a squad if you go in cold. One thing I notice is your buddy list only has 12 people in it.  I tend to add everyone i see or have a few good rounds with (and I will get added by random people as well). I try to get buddies to add my other buddies to their list, so the chances of 2 of more people I know being in the same server are greater. Keep in mind this game has not been out as long as bf2, i'm not saying it will be as popular, but you can't expect the same level of establishment out of it.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Alright snipy, thanks for the suggestions I had some good rounds last night, so I'll hold off my nuclear strike on DICE HQ for now =p
Linus
+53|6661

Hurricane wrote:

I swear to god this game is appealing to every person on the planet. Which is probably why every fucking player in this game is a total fucking moron. Honestly, words cannot begin to describe my general hatred for the 2142 player base. I thought BF2 was bad enough. But 2142 is far worse. Those fucksticks at DICE thought it would be a good idea to make teamwork a requirement to succeed. Earth to DICE: There is no fucking teamwork in your games because anybody can play it.

How the majority of 2142 players can even turn on their computers is beyond me. I guess that's how Dell got so rich, they raked in cash from tech support warranties so these morons can be walked through step-by-step on how to push a power button.

Not only that, but it's slowly becoming like BF2. AKA, a ton of 24/7 gibraltar servers. Gibraltar's a decent map, but why the hell would you want to play one map for the majority of your game's life span? Did you really just plop down $50 for models, skins, and a map? Maybe DICE should've made a 2142 Lite edition that was just the necessary files to play Gibraltar.

Where are the clans? I see tons of servers that give no clan info, and never have clan members in them. What gives? The majority of clans run the dogshit excuses for servers that are 24/7 Gibraltar as well. Gah.

This game is great when you can get a good squad and teamwork going, but when you're lonewolfing it you might as well go sniper and jack off.
I couldnt agree more..

Ive been gaming since PONG.  My first computer wasnt even called a PC. It had 2K of ram..My first modem
was 110 baud..You could type faster than it put it across the screen..  If it was a popular game, Ive played
it. Within the past 10 years, Ive played mostly Unreal Tournament series, recently getting burned out
and switching to BF series... Without question the first thing I noticed was how BF series games had the
worst admins in the world. 9/10 admins are idiots. Clan servers ? Gimme a break.. Idiots who ban you
the first time you own anyone on their clan...   EA servers ? Noob city. Unmonitored, Anything goes..
Your non-clan , non EA servers are your best bet.. but then you got the noobs.. No offense, but some of
these BF players need to hang it up.. Sometimes its almost as if half of them work against their team
rather than for it.

The differance in maturity, skill level, and honest play without getting kicked for being too good, is like
night and day between UT and BF series.. Im trying to get back into UT as my company has the new
release coming within 30-45 days.. because the BF series is just pathetic to play at times.. totally
pathetic.   I admit, when you get some buddies, and get on a decent server, its a fun game, but thats
like 15% of the time..

Bunny hopping ?? omfg... its called jumping... When I saw my first rule that said No bunny hopping
I thought, what is that ??? ... then I realized it meant jumping.. Now dont get me wrong, I rarely jump in
a fight, unless a jeep or somethin is tryin to run over me, or a tank comin on me, but in a 1v1 fight, it
does you no good anyway..  but to actually kick people for jumping... hahahahahahahahah!!!!!
i had to actually get my UT buddies a link to a thread here one time becayse they didnt believe me that
it was not allowed..  Id give a million dollars to find the name of the firsr retard who started the whole
bunny hopping thing..  Id looooove to meet that guy....A real winner Im sure...

But anyhow, examples like that are just funny and pathetic at the same time.. Its war people...aside from
cheating, using exploits, anything goes... its war...   Ive never seen so many rules in all my life for a game.
If some admin somewhere got his butt  kicked somehow, theres a rule against it somewhere... Pathetic!!

Last edited by Linus (2007-04-01 20:28:34)

masculata
+24|6684|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West
No
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6714
Because BF2142 is basically BF2 for n00bs.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

2142, what to say of it.

If you hate it, you are probably doing something wrong. I don't think it is the game that sucks, it is the retard level of admins that dwell most servers, those that do have good admins rock.

Hopping, I'll do that whenever the fuck I deem it necesarry.
Raping, If your team got pushed back to the uncap, you don't deserve to spawn, just like a regular conquest map.
Whoring, Why the hell kick a player that rocks the map with the walker or tank, and helps your team gain the advantage. Some admins need to get back in touch with reality.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6413|NSW, Australia

Bernadictus wrote:

2142, what to say of it.

If you hate it, you are probably doing something wrong. I don't think it is the game that sucks, it is the retard level of admins that dwell most servers, those that do have good admins rock.

Hopping, I'll do that whenever the fuck I deem it necesarry.
Raping, If your team got pushed back to the uncap, you don't deserve to spawn, just like a regular conquest map.
Whoring, Why the hell kick a player that rocks the map with the walker or tank, and helps your team gain the advantage. Some admins need to get back in touch with reality.
^^^
this man is 100% right
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
Teamwork is really rare on pubs, join a clan or join with friends. Currently me and some other friend are just strolling together and still we manage to more work than the rest of the team. People don't wanna work together even if it depended on it.

If your team is getting raped and you can join them if you are alone then do it, Its more fun that way because what did your team do to you in return? Call me an ass for this but heck most people in the game are ass
NZDeathBoy
+20|6707|Chch, New Zealand
I was going to post a comment on teamwork in 2142 is better, etc. But to be honnest, Im not wasting my time trying to make a point to someone who has already made up his mind.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6565|Brisbane, Aus

Teamwork is marginally better in 2142, mostly the only use for squads is for forward/tatical spawn points and easy resupply/repair/heal/revive points. And i haven't had much fun with teamwork in 2142.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6453|Barcelona

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

I have seen your stats in bf2 and I don't see your nick in bf2142... It's a mistaken theory, or are you the exception that confirms the rule? o.O
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Ahw, little Monkie got pwnd? And is now mad at the 'noobs'.
Rogue_granny
+22|6574

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

I take it your playing 2142 then.

The way i look at it, if your good at BF2 your going to be good at 2142.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6557|UK

fuck off self hating 2142 fool

YAS always wanted to say tht!

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard