AtmosphereKB
+1|6584
I just got it yesterday.  I heard from people you get 2 unlocks instead of just the 1 per rank on BF2.  Can someone clarify?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Yes, you get 1 EXTRA unlock with every rank, meaning you get 2.
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Spearhead wrote:

Yes, you get 1 EXTRA unlock with every rank, meaning you get 2.
Yeah, that is what happens, I dont know why though, I am not complaining... but...
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
DeathCalibre
+0|6713
It was awesome for the players who were already a high rank when they bought SF.
You install the game, and BANG - all these unlocks.

I was a Gunnery Sergeant when I bought it - had 4 yummy unlocks waiting for me just by installing!
strikeman67
+5|6583
In BF2 you get 1 unlock and BF2:SF gives you another unlock for a total of 2.  It is that simple. 

Since you have BF2:SF, the unlocks have a tier system.  Meaning that you have to unlock the tier 1 unlock before you can get the tier 2 unlock.  For example, if you  want to use the F2000 with the assualt class, you need to unlock the G3 for BF2 first.  Then you can get the F2000.

Hopefully this answered your question.
BigWillyT
+5|6732|Ridgecrest, CA

strikeman67 wrote:

In BF2 you get 1 unlock and BF2:SF gives you another unlock for a total of 2.  It is that simple. 

Since you have BF2:SF, the unlocks have a tier system.  Meaning that you have to unlock the tier 1 unlock before you can get the tier 2 unlock.  For example, if you  want to use the F2000 with the assualt class, you need to unlock the G3 for BF2 first.  Then you can get the F2000.

Hopefully this answered your question.
Just  to clarify your post there strikeman67, it should read tier 2 unlock instead of 1 and tier 2 should be 3 because tier 1 is the stock weapon that comes with the game.  Just trying to help eliminate any confusion.
strikeman67
+5|6583
Thanks for the correction.  I had the right idea.
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

The second to last unlock rank I unlocked 2 tier-2 weapons, so that is not necessarily true.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK
So then, me installing it tonight will result in an extra unlock for every rank i've achived so far in BF2???? Sweet!
CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada
That is correct. You will get one unlock for each promotion you have received thus far.
mdThanatos
+0|6734
I am a sergeant and just got SF and cannot access any of the SF unlocks.  Is this normal?
Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK
Well i got my unlocks, but i'm unable to use them within SF... what happened??
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany

mdThanatos wrote:

I am a sergeant and just got SF and cannot access any of the SF unlocks.  Is this normal?
I assume you have SF installed? So you may have to log off and wait (till the EA servers register that you have the right to select more unlocks).
When you login again TADA!!!drumroll

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Well i got my unlocks, but i'm unable to use them within SF... what happened??
SF only allowas the tier 3 unlocks not the normal BF2 unlocks...

Last edited by Aruba-Prime (2006-04-06 05:27:11)

Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK

Aruba-Prime wrote:

SF only allowas the tier 3 unlocks not the normal BF2 unlocks...
But surely the L96A1 IS a tier 3 unlock... the M95 is tier 2...
Impaqt
+37|6608|Chicago, Il
OK...  Confusionhere....

Base weapons are not necessarily "Unlocks"    Tier 1 generally referes to the standard BF2 Unlocks, Going by Memory right now but include...  G36c, G3, M95, DAO-12, Jackhammer, PKM, ANd l85  Tier 2 are the Extra Unlocks you can get with SF.. the Scar-L, M36e,F2000, MG36, MP-7 and the 2 newer ones the L96A1 and P-90

Tier 2 unlocks can onbly be used by the US Team in Special Forces .  They are the Default Weapons.  for them.  Other armys get their own weapons, and can use Tier-1 Unlocks...  But NOT the US "Tier 2" Unlcoks.

So basically, ANy Army and any player on Standard BF2 Maps can use ANY weapon they unlocked.  But if Special Forces, you can onlyuse the Stock weapon OR the Tier 1 Unlock for the Kit....

A Bit confusing I know...   But thats how it is..... 
ANd Just to add a bit more confusion..  the P-90 and L96A1 appear NOWHERE in Special Forces......  They are the Euro Armies weapons in the Euro FOrce Expansion Pack.....   

I cant wait for the BF2142 Unlcoks!  Hopefully we'll be able to use them on standard maps..  That woudl rocks....
[F2F]Timmyyy
+1|6481

Impaqt wrote:

ANd Just to add a bit more confusion..  the P-90 and L96A1 appear NOWHERE in Special Forces......  They are the Euro Armies weapons in the Euro FOrce Expansion Pack.....
Does this mean I need the Euro Forces expansion to unlock the P90?  I really hope not, I'm installing SF tomorrow, and I have been dreaming about unlocking the P90.
Deaths_Sandman
WOoKie
+6|6473|Florida, USA
No you dont, It just appears as a standard weapon for the european army there. You can unlock it without having euro force
Xorda
+0|6468|Kansas
So, lemme get this straight. (just got sf) When i install i will get another unlock for every rank i have achieved. And when i unlock this "tier 2" i can use it anywhere? Like Original bf2 maps? or just sf maps?
Impaqt
+37|6608|Chicago, Il
Sigh....   

THe "Special FOrces" Unlocks are the US Stock weapons on SF Maps....   THis is the ONLY place you can use those weapons in Special FOrces...... 

AL Unlcoks can be used on Standard maps, Armored FUry or Euro Force.  Only Standard Unlocks can be used in Special FOrces..  Unless your playing AS US....  WHere youg et to use the "SF Unlocks" as stock weapons if you choose.....

SO basically, if you want to try out a SF Weapon before you unlock it, just join a SF Server onthe US side and you can use all the "Unlocks" even if you dont have em unlocked...

EA realy made it difficult to understand....
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

When i got SF and after all those fucking installation problems, i was happy to soon find out i had 5 unlocks waiting for me

Still need those damn Support unlocks though..
gwolfman
+1|6207
Sorry to bring this back alive, but I just bought BF2:SF and when I logged in I didn't have any new unlocks.  So far I'm corporal rank (I've had 2 normal unlocks before I installed BF2:SF).  I read that you have to play SF for a bit so it realizes you own it/getting points there and then it'll pop up saying you have unlocks.  I played a round or two and it didn't happen.  Do I have to wait for my next promotion/rank before I get the extra unlocks?  Or do I just need to play SF more?  Any help would be great, thanks.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

gwolfman wrote:

Sorry to bring this back alive, but I just bought BF2:SF and when I logged in I didn't have any new unlocks.  So far I'm corporal rank (I've had 2 normal unlocks before I installed BF2:SF).  I read that you have to play SF for a bit so it realizes you own it/getting points there and then it'll pop up saying you have unlocks.  I played a round or two and it didn't happen.  Do I have to wait for my next promotion/rank before I get the extra unlocks?  Or do I just need to play SF more?  Any help would be great, thanks.
I believe the SF unlocks start with the 3rd rank, so you still have a bit of playing to do.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

gwolfman wrote:

Sorry to bring this back alive...
Better than starting a new thread on a topic that already exists. You're already one step ahead

gwolfman wrote:

I read that you have to play SF for a bit so it realizes you own it/getting points there and then it'll pop up saying you have unlocks.
One second is all that's required. You don't have to score any points, although of course why not score while you're there?

But if you were in a hurry you could literally spawn on any SF map, log out immediately, quit, log back in, get your new unlock(s) and start to use it/them in vanilla.

gwolfman wrote:

I played a round or two and it didn't happen.
As soon as BFHQ has registered that you've played SF the unlock window will pop up again when you log in. It's the weekend, so that's probably the reason (stats server is backed up). Assuming there hasn't been a glitch you just have to be patient.

gwolfman wrote:

Do I have to wait for my next promotion/rank before I get the extra unlocks?
Nope:

https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/Todd_Angelo/Two_Unlocks_Per.jpg

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I believe the SF unlocks start with the 3rd rank, so you still have a bit of playing to do.
You can get the tier-twos from Lance Corporal:

https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/Todd_Angelo/Two_Unlocks_At_Lance.jpg

I've had lots of accounts with the M95 and L96A1 as the first unlocks
~c4~cheppi
+29|6328|Forest Green
Simple answer is yes you get double the amount of unlocks, but you cannot use tier 3 in SF, unless they are that armies stock weapons. SAS for example have the G36K(all new weapon not used anywhere elses), F2000, MG36, MP7 and G36E as 5 of the 7 stock weapons along with M24 and MP5, If you have tier 2 you can use them as well

Last edited by ~c4~cheppi (2007-04-01 02:20:53)

gwolfman
+1|6207
Thanks guys.  I guess it just had to take some time to "register" that I owned/played SF before it let me have the unlocks.  I appreciate the posts/replies and the help.  Happy fraggin'!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard