Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington
this is a real question so please dont jsut say i need to get better...

heres the problem, 80% of the time it seems almost imposible to kill anyone. i mean when i shooting someone bursting my shots ot keep the rets tight i almost use a whole clip sometimes and the other guy from a good distance or someone only 40 feet away just turns, jump and lays down and before he hits the ground as there flying threw the air im dead in liek one shot from him. how does this happen so much ? im shooting the guy before he even knows im there and he jsut wont die and he just spins around and kills me instantly ? i really need to know what im doing wrong here ? so many times over and over he takes jsut a couple bullets and i sit there i give them 15+ rounds dead on shot and yes i see the contact shot ret bloom. whats the deal. do i have to fly threw the air and start shooting before i hit the ground to kill peopel in 1 shot ? this is the only game i play so i would really like to knwo what im doing wrong ?

if you all think im a major noob check my stats to give you an idea that i am a decent player. http://bf2s.com/player/58915535/

the reason i post this is not becasue this has happen a couple times or a had a bad day but this happens all the times and its prety frustrating when it feels liek theres something i dont know... can someone give some helpfull advice please and not jsut spam this topic out with sarcastic comments. thanks
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
does your ping suck?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
aim for head
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington
nope, i been playing in a server where i get about 50 ping only time i really get a ping problem is when i play in server over 170 ping. and i been playing karkand infrantry only servers
rmilhous
+32|6525|Augusta, Georgia
claymores.....FTW!1!!
J/K
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

aim for head
is that all it is is a headshot ? is going for the head really this leet ?
Master*
Banned
+416|6492|United States
Make sure you are running a smooth connection other than that its just skill, it takes practice to kill effectively trust me.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-03-31 18:46:23)

Velker
Accused aimbot user
+31|6271|Ohio
I don't know if I will have a solution for you but I'll ask a few questions to get a better perspective of what you're going through. First of all, what gun do you usually use? Second, what way are you targeting the enemy, with peepsight, scope, or simply the cross on your screen when not zoomed in. Lastly, are you just holding down the left mouse button to shoot full auto. fire in bursts, or single shot? I just want a better understanding of how you are trying to take out threats. If you let me know these details I'll let you know how I go about killing the other team.
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
train yourself to aim for the head.  keep the muzzle high.  ak's are the best rifles, especially on karkand.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2007-03-31 18:50:26)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington

Velker wrote:

I don't know if I will have a solution for you but I'll ask a few questions to get a better perspective of what you're going through. First of all, what gun do you usually use? Second, what way are you targeting the enemy, with peepsight, scope, or simply the cross on your screen when not zoomed in. Lastly, are you just holding down the left mouse button to shoot full auto. fire in bursts, or single shot? I just want a better understanding of how you are trying to take out threats. If you let me know these details I'll let you know how I go about killing the other team.
i tried all guns SF,support, but mostly Medic and yes i know this isnt the best gun i target mostly the body. mostly always zoomed unless there with 20 feet. i use quick burst shots to keep my rets tight. but even if im 5 feet from there i hold the button down and spray there whole body and almsot use a full clip and they jsut turn around and kill me with 2 bullets... ? i knwo what it takes to get good shots. i played RVS for 4 years and always been in top 5 clans mostly #1 spots and i think im in the top 100 players in the game when it was hot. so i knw about control and getting good and all that crap. but this bf2 issue im having is getting out of hand.

so im geussing the onyl thing im doing wrong is not aiming for the head only ? whe there laying on the groud facing me though the only thing is showing is the head.

but maybe i shoudl work on headshots only and get back to this topic and give you all my results ? lol

Last edited by Spider1980 (2007-03-31 19:01:34)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Stick to one gun for a couple of rounds you will get used to the handling and kick ass keep at it my stats are still noobish from my retard days. Wait wtf you kdr rcoks but your infantry is bad ah ok.

Last edited by wah1188 (2007-03-31 19:02:12)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington

wah1188 wrote:

Stick to one gun for a couple of rounds you will get used to the handling and kick ass keep at it my stats are still noobish from my retard days.
i been using the L85 for over a month straight. i can get 15 to 20 kills in a round but still the problem im having is happening way to much. i should have had my vet medic combat badge but i geuss i had to have 15 hours played before they would count the 20 kills... done it twice so far.

Last edited by Spider1980 (2007-03-31 19:04:45)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6583|Seattle
Hey spider1980, i remember playing with you a day or two ago. As I recall, youre a pretty good shot but you are flat-footed too often. Its very easy to kill motionless targets in BF2, but shooting a player that is sprinting is not always so easy.

I wrote an infantry guide to help people asking pretty much this exact question. Have fun

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55088

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-31 19:25:20)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington

Marinejuana wrote:

Hey spider1980, i remember playing with you a day or two ago. As I recall, youre a pretty good shot but you are flat-footed too often. Its very easy to kill motionless targets in BF2, but shooting a player that is sprinting is not always so easy.

I wrote an infantry guide to help people asking pretty much this exact question. Have fun

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55088
i dont have a rpoblem with dying its jsut when i shoot someone so many times and make contact and they jsut turn around and shoot me dead in couple or one shots im like wtf ? or when im shooting someone close and there not dying and they drop to the ground and i jump over them and they kill me in a couple bullets while im above them and im shooting them, and there not dying. its starting to feel imposible to kill 80% of the people i get close to. heres a battel that bothered me. i was about 10 feet from a guy who had is back turned to me, iunloaded a full clip then switched to my pistol and used almsot my whoel clip and then he jsut shoots me dead... he was mostly jsut trying to get away untill he heard my pistol and the he stoped to shoot back and won. ahhh !!!!!!!  wth...

i will read that link you posted after i get back from washing the jeep

thanks for all the sudjestions from everyone. i will read the link posted and try out what everyone has mentioned about the headshot thing and see what happens.

thanks for the help
GeT-TwisTeD
+7|6276
Get good with planes and helos and in no time you can have rounds of 40-1, 30-4 that stuff but for inf only yea take hints from these people
David.P
Banned
+649|6271
Just a suggestion go play a bit of PR it should help you improve your aim and accuracy. Especially as US or Mec.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6719|Sydney, Australia

David.Podedworny wrote:

Just a suggestion go play a bit of PR it should help you improve your aim and accuracy. Especially as US or Mec.
Q.F.E.!

...or just stay with PR.

Mcminty.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6583|Seattle

Spider1980 wrote:

i dont have a rpoblem with dying its jsut when i shoot someone so many times and make contact and they jsut turn around and shoot me dead in couple or one shots im like wtf ?
Most likely you are experiencing laggy hitboxes. If you miss shots on a moving target, try shooting a little bit behind it, or a little bit in front because they can get out of sync by quite a bit. The extent of this lag, or lack thereof, will vary with each server and each player, so there is no exact rule on how much you have to lead or not lead the target. Try to trick people into going prone early so that their first shots are against a difficult target (u bunnyhopping or sprinting perpendicular to them), then attack them after theyve missed once or twice by going prone so your first shots are against an easy target. Its sounds like you have experienced people doing that to you. But whatever you do, never run directly at somebody thats shooting you for more than an instant. BF2 rewards good positioning and movement tactics much more than reflexes compared with other games like CS. Normally you have a moment to react when an enemy shoots at you, in other fps games there are many more one shot kills.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-31 19:33:19)

l41e
+677|6646

The L85A1 is a difficult weapon to start out with. Start out with easier ones like the G36 series/AK-101 and work your way up to the hardest, such as the Type 85.
PASSUBY
+30|6630|Louisiana
The thing that helped me the best was to find a good/descent group of guys/gals that have played for a little while. Watch what they do (SQUAD UP!) Run with the same squad as long as you are able to. mimic there ways. This helped me alot!
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6367|QUT, GP.
Well, looking at my stats really reminds me of one of my friends who also plays BF2 and has the same problems. Now, like you, he's pretty good at FPSs in general, so it's a great cause of frustration for him to be owned in one bullet after laying down hundreds (exaggeration? Maybe.) of shots at someone.

So, as I was saying, look at your accuracy. 13%. Now, you could fire off 20 bullets and hit someone twice, and by the sounds of it, the people you are shooting at take some serious damage (I say you do hit them, just not enough) but manage to recover and take you down.

I'm sorry if that was degrading, it sounds like you're a pretty good player, I get the same problem once every so often, but it's usually when I get excited / overconfident.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada
"To fire, click the left mouse button"
aLi3nZ
+138|6504|New Zealand
Get the G36E then follow LT.Victims advice.
Velker
Accused aimbot user
+31|6271|Ohio

Spider1980 wrote:

Velker wrote:

I don't know if I will have a solution for you but I'll ask a few questions to get a better perspective of what you're going through. First of all, what gun do you usually use? Second, what way are you targeting the enemy, with peep sight, scope, or simply the cross on your screen when not zoomed in. Lastly, are you just holding down the left mouse button to shoot full auto. fire in bursts, or single shot? I just want a better understanding of how you are trying to take out threats. If you let me know these details I'll let you know how I go about killing the other team.
i tried all guns SF,support, but mostly Medic and yes i know this isnt the best gun i target mostly the body. mostly always zoomed unless there with 20 feet. i use quick burst shots to keep my rets tight. but even if im 5 feet from there i hold the button down and spray there whole body and almsot use a full clip and they jsut turn around and kill me with 2 bullets... ? i knwo what it takes to get good shots. i played RVS for 4 years and always been in top 5 clans mostly #1 spots and i think im in the top 100 players in the game when it was hot. so i knw about control and getting good and all that crap. but this bf2 issue im having is getting out of hand.

so im geussing the onyl thing im doing wrong is not aiming for the head only ? whe there laying on the groud facing me though the only thing is showing is the head.

but maybe i shoudl work on headshots only and get back to this topic and give you all my results ? lol
Well, it sounds as though you have a good concept of controlled fire, so I don't think that accuracy is the problem. You also try different kits when one doesn't work for you, a good strategy to change things up and hopefully improve your luck. You seem to have a pretty good kill/death ratio, indicating that you must get your fair share of kills, so this misfortune of yours must not happen all the time. Honestly, the same stupid thing happens to me sometimes and it frustrates me to death. I will see a guy 30 yards in front of me anywhere from 5-10 seconds before he even looks in my direction.....I carefully line up my shot and fire in short, controlled burst, usually with the G3 or G36E (I find them to be pretty accurate). Just when I think I'm entitled to the kill the guy magically stays alive after if put 15+ rounds into him, followed by him getting me in 1-3 of his own. Why does this happen? If its not your fault as the player who knows? It could be the high ping of someone in the room (someone with 300 ping, but doesn't have the courtesy to leave and find a server closer to their own state). I've often checked my status in the rooms that I'm in, usually having anywhere from 35-85 ping. However, I quickly realized that this factor is irrelevant when a handful of people in the room with you are averaging 300-400. My advice, when you start getting killed in ridiculous fashion disconnect from the server and take a break. If you should decide to go back into another server refresh the stats of the server a couple of times before entering, checking the overall ping of the room. If its decent then proceed, but if it says "0" don't believe it; if it says anything over 150 proceed with caution. Don't know if this was the answer you were looking for but its what I do to try and stop the pattern of retardedness .

Also, for your own good, don't resort to the strategy of aiming for head shots every time. Did you ever watch "The Patriot?" One of the most memorable lines in the movie to me was one that centered around the concept of hitting an intended target. "Aim small, miss small" was the line. Even if you are aiming at an enemy with a sniper rifle you still stand less of a chance of hitting them if you aim for their head than you would if you aimed for a body shot. The U.S. military tells their soldiers to "aim for the center of mass" just for this reason. They are to aim for the largest part of the object in order to improve the probability that they will hit what they are aiming at. If you try to aim for head shots only then my guess is that you will become even more frustrated with the game than you were before (with body shots). Just keep aiming for the body like you have been and things will work out.

Last edited by Velker (2007-03-31 20:01:23)

el capitan
+11|6528
if you all think im a major noob check my stats to give you an idea that i am a decent player. http://bf2s.com/player/58915535/
Assault rifle K/D dude.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard