trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6268|B.C. Canada
Ok when i download sandbox what do i do to save it in the battle field 2 directory, and then once all that is done what do i do to get it going. like how do i make my own things and stuff like that. can someone please help me or give me a manual.
thanks.
Greenboi
+14|6377
You can download an installer, which does it all for you and creates a desktop shortcut to it so the sandbox loads up.  You then can load a single player game or join a multiplayer game as normal

To create, you can hold Q, then right click "Spotted" and theres a small list.  For a bigger, much bigger in fact, list, hold tab and right click, then click or right click on what you want to spawn, and it will spawn where you aimed at when you clicked! Very simple to do.
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6337|USA Biznatch!
Hmm once DLed you could of just double clicked on the installer and it would install into your directory. Anyways, you can either make a local server (singleplayer) or join one with other people on them. To join one with people already on them uncheck everything while in multiplayer then click update servers. Tab is used to create the object. 'Q' is used to like turn it and such. Then you have to join or make a squad to acess 'T' menu used to make the tuning and such smaller degrees.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6268|B.C. Canada
alright, thanks guys. I am downloading it right now. I well post if I have any problems.
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6337|USA Biznatch!
Ok it's a pretty small file so it shouldn't take too long.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6343
Ok i have a problem with sandbox.  I downloaded it and then played it for a while, but then i would join regular bf2 and it wouldnt let me join any servers.  Does this always happen and is there a way to have sandbox and still be able to play regular bf2?  If so please answer step by step in detail since im bad with computers .  Karma for any help.

Last edited by Shiffdaddy (2007-03-31 23:56:19)

Greenboi
+14|6377
when you installed sandbox it should have created a shortcut on your desktop that goes straight to sandbox.  are you using that? make sure youre actually using the BF2 normal shortcut.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6343
Yes, it created a whole other sandbox shorcut.  I clicked on that to use sandbox, then i clicked on the regular bf2 link to play bf2, but whenever i tried to join a message would come up saying " this server only allows players with unmodded material to join, revert back to your origional bf2 to play." or something along those lines.  I deleted sandbox and uninstalled it but it still happened.  I had to completely reinstall bf2 and the patch to play bf2 again...
Greenboi
+14|6377
Thats weird, that hasnt happened with me yet, well i guess as long as its sorted now its all good
Shiffdaddy
+73|6343
Could you give me a link to the one where you dl it from.  Maybe it was just the download.
CrazeD
+368|6683|Maine
It probably didn't get installed to Battlefield 2/mods/sandbox.
Greenboi
+14|6377

Shiffdaddy wrote:

Could you give me a link to the one where you dl it from.  Maybe it was just the download.
http://files.filefront.com/BF2+Sandbox+ … einfo.html

edit: make sure you dont change the directory of where it installs to (unless you did during bf2 install!)

Last edited by Greenboi (2007-04-01 12:02:04)

Shiffdaddy
+73|6343
Alright thanks, i got it working.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard