P3R3K
+0|6687
No matter how hard I try or how good my team does I cannot seem to earn this badge. I was commander for a few rounds on Gulf of Oman and after every round at the top players screen my "commander score" was over 50. I thought this was what i needed to get over 40? Any tips for getting more commander score?
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6716|Chester
Hi

it needs to be over 40, BEFORE it gets doubled. I got mine playing Operation Clean Sweep on a 64 player size map bt with only 32 people playing. This gives you more tickets = a longer game and chance for a higher average score. I got my Veteran on Kubra Dam.

Search around for some commander tips:
1) Sometimes to make the game last longer you need to let the enemy take back some bases.
2) Also DON'T USE ARTILLERY - instead use the Scan and UAV to let your team shoot the enemy instead., this will add to your team-mates score (and as commander you get a score which is the average of your team, so the higher their score - the higher your score will be).
3) Be a commander who stays out of the action - don't fly or vehicle whore. Do not go around shooting people yourself, as this doesn't count towards your score and you are depriving a team mate of 2 points (see point 2).

Good luck

Last edited by Bacon_Bazooka (2006-01-14 15:09:13)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6721|Norway
Good pointers..

And besides, if you just keep commanding and doing a good job you'll eventually get it..
Fearnight
+0|6743
Look for games with 8 or 9/64. When you join up the game should start soon and it will last forever. I got 68 points before 2x and 136 in the end since we won (on the round I finally got the badge and ribbon). Good luck.

Last edited by Fearnight (2006-01-14 16:40:54)

JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718
i got my expert today its easy just command and play
P3R3K
+0|6687
I just got it for PWNING the infidels on Sharki. One of my best rounds in BF2 ever, 78 points.
P3R3K
+0|6687
Dammit it hasnt shown up in my stats yet ,  if this damn thing borks another one of my badges I will not be happy.
PCamp
+0|6686
I got mine and my Staff Officer badge in the first round I commanded. It was a 64-player match on Warlord, and I was the British commander. That was also the round I got my Gold Star in. Just find a big server with few people in it, apply for commander, and then action command instead of sitting at your base giving out orders.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard