ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
People dont play medic to revive people. People play medic to use the G36E and heal themselves.
strikeman67
+5|6614
When I play medic\support, I do my best to support my team.  I will revive\heal\resupply my team if it close to me.  Sometimes I will not revive if the dead play is in the open and the area is under enemy fire.  In the end, it will cost the team 2 tickets instead of 1. 

When I play, I use the in game VOIP and our clan's Vent server.  I do my best to respond to aid request from those channels and the mini map.  I will even grab a dead medic's kit and try to revive them too.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

Hacial wrote:

You should add one step before all:

Look out for enemies! It's no use if you get revived and killed again because the noob medic didn't look for enemies.
When I get revived, I'm spamming the jump button so as soon as I pop up I begin bunnyhopping. I usually live, at least long enough to kill one or two baddies, even if I die again.

I always revive people, even in the heat of battle. The more teammates you have, the better off you are.

EDIT:

strikeman67 wrote:

When I play medic\support, I do my best to support my team.  I will revive\heal\resupply my team if it close to me.  Sometimes I will not revive if the dead play is in the open and the area is under enemy fire.  In the end, it will cost the team 2 tickets instead of 1.
Your team only loses a ticket once somebody is DEAD. That means they are either "killed" (instead of "critically wounded") or their 15 seconds ran up. You can be stat padded for an hour without losing any tickets.

Last edited by CrazeD (2007-03-30 14:55:42)

san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Wrong!
- Walk to dead guy
- Check if there aren't any immediat enemies around
- If there are any, kill them
- Press 6, or scroll down
- Revive teammate

Nothing pisses me more off than players that first revive and then a second later I'm killed and the guy that revived me as well!!
dead wrong, 99% of the time its smarter to revive first. try your little clear the area before revving plan against good players and watch your squad get raped.
Qft. The fact is as the revivee, it is your responsibility to move your ass the instant you are res'd.
Very QFT. Upon being revived, (1) Jump up and run to the nearest cover, (2) Locate enemies, and (3) Give the medic a "Thanks, I owe you one." If you're killed before you can reach cover, tough luck, but at least you distracted the enemies for a moment and absorbed some of their ammunition.
thefooch
+3|6281
dead wrong, 99% of the time its smarter to revive first. try your little clear the area before revving plan against good players and watch your squad get raped.

And then when people are lying next to a fence, it sometimes doesn't work neither.
dont waste med kits so u can always rev multiple times. never sit still between attempts if its a tricky revive, sprint a little circle/bunnyhop before your next go.
------
TIP
------
Cant rev someone bc they are stuck in something? throw a med pack at them at an angle that knocks them free then revive!
I'm going to have to agree with Marinjuanna. Revive every chance you get. The times you get away with it outweigh the times you don't. A squad with a couple of good medics can take any flag.

Thanks for the tips....I'd karma if I could.
Presence
+2|6319
Welcome to bf2.  You are a major and you're just realizing this? ;p.  If you aren't playing with a friend, don't count on getting more than revived once or twice a round, in fact if that happens, you've had a good round.
[RFW]Xenomorph
+9|6383|Sweden
dunno why really, but i found that the biggest chance of successfully reviving someone is by lying down at his feet, aiming up at his nuts/legs. well, on the other hand who wouldn't wake up after getting 20000 volts to the nuts...=o

another thing i often do is to switch between the main weapon and the the defibrillator while it's recharging. this pretty much eliminates bugs like when it wont recharge and stuff, in addition it feels like it's recharging faster, nut sure though
Houli999
+9|6240
That is the biggest pain in the ass is when you just get brought back to life abd some dude comes and kills you. I hate that
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6765
or on a pk server and the guy just sits there and stabs you about 4 times before your medic paddle shocks him first
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

Marinejuana wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Wrong!
- Walk to dead guy
- Revive teammate

Nothing pisses me more off than players that first revive and then a second later I'm killed and the guy that revived me as well!!
Qft. The fact is as the revivee, it is your responsibility to move your ass the instant you are res'd.

That means now you and the medic have 200% health and 2 guns, and only one of you needs survive the engagement (you can swap kits and res your dead buddy if the med died) as opposed to one guy trying to clear any enemies around before your timer runs out. Often the timer is almost dead before the medic can reach you; be thankful you got resed in the first place. I play with buddies on vent, and you can even res people in front of tanks and APCs if you and your buddies are smart.

Overall, you may die now and then from multiple res's, but it is actually very rare (like once in three rounds) if you play smart. Also, if you aren't willing to pick up a medics kit to res people around you, then you don't get to bitch about anything to do with medics. Good medics go out of there way to res people and fight, and that means anyone who bitches better do the same or stfu. Yes bad res's happen, but you can survive 80% of bad reses just by getting up fast and jumping to safety.
yeah, no, if you are LUCKY, the player that killed you won't be there to own your ass as soon as you are revived, i don't care how fast your reflexes are, if you have someone with half a brain, they will wait until the medic revives you and then kill you both, especially if they are in a vehicle
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279
Medics should be a 1 shot one kill for a sniper, that is why this game is so B/S.

A man holding a revive pack in real life? Come on.

1 Shot 1 Kill, but leave the G36 Medic rifle as is or make it worse and more deadly.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
i vote for a sticky
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
This is my way

F+F ctrl-->Z*click* Ctrl 3
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

Hacial wrote:

Look out for enemies! It's no use if you get revived and killed again because the noob medic didn't look for enemies.

strikeman67 wrote:

When I play, I use the in game VOIP and our clan's Vent server.  I do my best to respond to aid request from those channels and the mini map.  I will even grab a dead medic's kit and try to revive them too.
Nah guys, I admit I ALWAYS try to revive people, even in the heat of battle, even in front of an enemy tank, even in front of 4 MEC enemies. I do a dive, revive, and get back up, run, turn around ,and fire at any attackers. From my experience more then 80 % of the time my revived teammates don’t die right away. Those  who do die are usually idiots who don’t’ scamper for any cover but lie there on the cement road of karkand and get killed by the same hot shot sniper that first took them out. And ya I will revive them again and again- because I don’t’ lost anything, the team does not lost anything unless he is DEAD, the revived don’t’ lost anything but wait time. I would not take the sniper out first because to risky for me

Well the tip i learned recently was that you did not have to actually on the dead body to revive him. But there are times when the guy just won't revive or my shockpads are low because i threw to many medic bags away- need to be more efficient at healing other people.
But dont' get me wrong there are numerous of time where i would gun down enemies in front of me first and then revive; mainly because i have my m16a2 out already.

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

Medics should be a 1 shot one kill for a sniper, that is why this game is so B/S.

1 Shot 1 Kill, but leave the G36 Medic rifle as is or make it worse and more deadly.
This game is b/s and not to be to mean but “a man holding a revive pack in real life? COME ON?” ......ZOMG! More comparisons between games and a RL! I mean why don't the tanks run out of gas? why does it take like 3 shots to the head with a 9mm? Why don't I bleed? Why do I fall I don't break my leg and get still run fullspeed? Why are the Chinese fighting the US of A? Why doesn't my gun break when someone's bullets hit it? COME ON!!.... Why? because its a game. Btw medics are 1 shot 1 kill, if you hit them in the head. And a true sniper will always goes for a head shot

Last edited by agent146 (2007-03-30 19:59:47)

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6484|P-way, NJ
Make one for stupid commandors.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

genius_man16 wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

That means now you and the medic have 200% health and 2 guns, and only one of you needs survive the engagement (you can swap kits and res your dead buddy if the med died) as opposed to one guy trying to clear any enemies around before your timer runs out. Often the timer is almost dead before the medic can reach you; be thankful you got resed in the first place. I play with buddies on vent, and you can even res people in front of tanks and APCs if you and your buddies are smart.

Overall, you may die now and then from multiple res's, but it is actually very rare (like once in three rounds) if you play smart. Also, if you aren't willing to pick up a medics kit to res people around you, then you don't get to bitch about anything to do with medics. Good medics go out of there way to res people and fight, and that means anyone who bitches better do the same or stfu. Yes bad res's happen, but you can survive 80% of bad reses just by getting up fast and jumping to safety.
yeah, no, if you are LUCKY, the player that killed you won't be there to own your ass as soon as you are revived, i don't care how fast your reflexes are, if you have someone with half a brain, they will wait until the medic revives you and then kill you both, especially if they are in a vehicle
Um, I've played ~450 hours of Sharqi with vehicles, all of my time on the ground, and honestly I meant what I said.

I completely disagree with you, it has nothing to do with luck, if you are ready to move, 99% of the time you will make it away, and if you don't make it the first time, I'll res you again, and if I die, you can res me by grabbing my kit. If you are not fast enough to do this, it is your fault not mine. If you don't res me back when I am getting you up safe, then you should be glad I even bother to res you in the first place. (I will kick you from my squad if you do not return the favor on a regular basis).

The fact is by resing you, I create two targets for the enemy, instead of just me, and I now have two guns, and only one of us has to survive to res. Even better if you play in a squad with friends, then of the 3-6 people, only one needs to survive to res everyone. If you have ever played any kind of league play, tournament play, any kind of competition whatsoever, you will know how vital it is that your medic and your squad plays as a team and plays smart.

Leaving guys down may seem ok to you, but it is not ok to me - I need their eyes, their guns, their ability to resupply, heal, claymore whatever, and most of all, I need them to be a meat bag to flush out the enemy. The enemy may kill one of us, but then we know where the enemy is and 5v1 = dead enemy + res teamate and now its 6 v 0. You get the idea. Everyone I play with on xfire can take out at least 2 guys reliably before going down in a 2v1 fight. Rolling together only multiplies that force and thus I will do anything I can to res a teammate - including taking any nearby medic kit, a teammates medic kit, or my own if I am playing medic. Honestly, try it and it is worth it, the few times you get GL'ed or grenaded as a group is like 1% compared to the number of times you can get your buddy up safely. Your KD ratio will be further enhanced if everyone returns the favor for eachother. The only draw back is that after 100's of hours of medic time, people understandibly want to finish off their 100hours in other kits. So someone has to be the medic bitch each round. Draw straws or something.

Finally, yes I understand there is retarded medics who will revive you right in front of the barrel of a tank, but honestly if they are that dumb, your team is screwed anyway. Play in a squad, or join a new server. There is always an exception to a rule, and being an idiot is an obvious exception - I hope you have a friend or someone you can play with who won't be that stupid!
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6297|ohio,USA

CrazeD wrote:

Step one: Find a dead teammate (as shown by the guy laying on the ground, and empty health bar above his head - also marked by the icon in your mini-map).

Step two: Press "6", or scroll down to the defibrillator's.

Step three: Walk over to downed teammate.

Step four: Place crosshair over downed teammate, and left-click your mouse to revive them.

GAAAHHH!!!

Nothing makes me more angry than idiots who don't know how to play medic. You die next to five medics, scream "MEDIC!!!" numerous times, yet they just stand there or run away. WTF?!

Whenever I'm medic and someone dies, I do whatever I can to revive them. Number 1, I want the points, and number 2, it helps the team.

You'd think these tards would at least want the points from it, but NOOOOO! Let's just run away instead...

/rant
Whenever I'm medic and someone dies, I do whatever I can to revive them. Number 1, I want the points, and number 2, it helps the team.   

i know we have these stupid arse noobs who cant revive you its like WTF!!! you are standing right be side not that hard to revive............
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

agent146 wrote:

Hacial wrote:

strikeman67 wrote:

Nah guys, I admit I ALWAYS try to revive people, even in the heat of battle, even in front of an enemy tank, even in front of 4 MEC enemies. I do a dive, revive, and get back up, run, turn around ,and fire at any attackers. From my experience more then 80 % of the time my revived teammates don’t die right away. Those  who do die are usually idiots who don’t’ scamper for any cover but lie there on the cement road of karkand and get killed by the same hot shot sniper that first took them out. And ya I will revive them again and again- because I don’t’ lost anything, the team does not lost anything unless he is DEAD, the revived don’t’ lost anything but wait time. I would not take the sniper out first because to risky for me

Well the tip i learned recently was that you did not have to actually on the dead body to revive him. But there are times when the guy just won't revive or my shockpads are low because i threw to many medic bags away- need to be more efficient at healing other people.
But dont' get me wrong there are numerous of time where i would gun down enemies in front of me first and then revive; mainly because i have my m16a2 out already.

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

This game is b/s and not to be to mean but “a man holding a revive pack in real life? COME ON?” ......ZOMG! More comparisons between games and a RL! I mean why don't the tanks run out of gas? why does it take like 3 shots to the head with a 9mm? Why don't I bleed? Why do I fall I don't break my leg and get still run fullspeed? Why are the Chinese fighting the US of A? Why doesn't my gun break when someone's bullets hit it? COME ON!!.... Why? because its a game. Btw medics are 1 shot 1 kill, if you hit them in the head. And a true sniper will always goes for a head shot
Another tip is to throw a medic bag on the corpse you are going to res. If you or the person on the ground gets shot while you prone dive and res them, the medic bag will top either of you up and get you both to safety. I do it when I know an enemy is close by, or say I run out of ammo, theres a man down in front of me, and the enemy in front of me. Rather then duke it out with the enemy with my pistol, I will toss a bag on my dead buddy, prone dive revive him, and switch to pistol, while he has a semi-full gun to finish the douche bag off. You can also throw a nade at the enemy to buy you some time to res your teammate. Any kind of diversions you can think of to get another body off the ground will pay off in the end if your buddies res you in return when you die. You must be willing to pick up a medic kit!
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

To use defibrillator:
- Take defibrillator and allow to charge
- Apply conductive gel to paddles
- Ensure that no people are in the near vicinity
- Ensure that the victim is not touching metal, or near to metal.
  - If so, keep a safe distance from the metal (such as a metal bed)
- Try to ensure that the victim will not touch you when jolted
- Have a doctor nearby to read vitals
- Place defibrillators on chest so that the current runs through the heart and NOT through every other organ in the body
- Turn on paddles
- Allow doctor to examine patient and give the order to use paddles again if needed.  DO NOT use paddles again until he gives the order
- A second shock on a newly started heart may stop the heart or send it into fibrillation so don't be tempted to press again
- Remember that every shock damages the heart.  You have a limited number of tries to start the heart again.
- Not applying gel can severely burn the skin
Obviously will not work for dead (clinically dead) people.

If all this had to be done in-game, nothing would ever happen.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

Another tip is to throw a medic bag on the corpse you are going to res. If you or the person on the ground gets shot while you prone dive and res them, the medic bag will top either of you up and get you both to safety. I do it when I know an enemy is close by, or say I run out of ammo, theres a man down in front of me, and the enemy in front of me. Rather then duke it out with the enemy with my pistol, I will toss a bag on my dead buddy, prone dive revive him, and switch to pistol, while he has a semi-full gun to finish the douche bag off. You can also throw a nade at the enemy to buy you some time to res your teammate. Any kind of diversions you can think of to get another body off the ground will pay off in the end if your buddies res you in return when you die. You must be willing to pick up a medic kit!
I never heard or that though about that way before- but it sounds smart and logical. YA I learn something new today to help with my medic whoring
Houli999
+9|6240
Yeah that is a crucial step, and is a pain when someone kills you after getting revived.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

I usually revive.......unless I don't like the person.  Then I just stand over them, throwing med packs at them.  It pisses them off.

KiL
qft!!! look at my teamworknoob account, when i want to knife an enemy, intstead i throw medpacks at them until a teammate kills them. lol, sometimes it works.

zenmaster is welcome in my squad any day

genius_man16 wrote:

u play with bad teammates. i dont take risks to revive noobs that i know will completely fail. u can usually tell within a minute who ur good teammates are. u stick with those players or you die like some lonewolf noob thats trying to get teamwork points off a corporal.

[RFW]Xenomorph wrote:

dunno why really, but i found that the biggest chance of successfully reviving someone is by lying down at his feet, aiming up at his nuts/legs. well, on the other hand who wouldn't wake up after getting 20000 volts to the nuts...=o
lol ur gay

intense

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-31 07:54:23)

Ice Cold Killa
+26|6445|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i have made a similar topic before:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=45953
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6269|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I was right about to post this topic myself when I saw yours!

The only reasons I can give for not reviving someone is:

1. I'm dead too!
2. You're not squad leader and there are lots of dead (You gotta revive that guy first, particularly if you're near a red CP)
3. You're not a medic and there are lots of dead (Revive the medic, and he can help you with the others)
4. I'm too busy chowing down on some PB&J. Booya, I love that shit!
5. I packed PB&J sandwiches instead of my defibs this morning.
Not
Great success!
+216|6578|Chandler, AZ

Marinejuana wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Wrong!
- Walk to dead guy
- Revive teammate

Took the words outta my mouth. See the only time you DON'T wanna go right for a revive is if you have some sort of definite proof, or a very strong feeling that they're gonna nade that body. In vanilla pubs just wait for two nades, most people don't throw all of them unless they get some damage reg, and almost all pub servers are set to 15 second respawn timers so it's not like you have to act fast the way you do in 5v5 matches with a 10 second timer.

But if there are no nades, revive first. Think about it. You revive now, you have an opportunity to have a 2v1 if it's only 1 enemy. And even if your teammate does die again, you have the opponent distracted shooting him, so you can come around that corner, drop him, and revive a second time. It's all a matter of bettering your odds.

Of course if you're terrible and can't aim in the first place, the best medic tip there is would be to go unlock a G36E, unplug your monitor, glue your eyes shut, drop your pants and play with your buttcheeks to ensure you can finally hit something with a full clip.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard