aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6509127.stm

For those who can't be arsed to click the link above, here's a short summary.  A NY art gallery has created, for Easter, a life-size chocolate sculpture of Jesus of Nazareth (aka Jesus Christ).  He's naked and he's on a cross.

The Catholic League have predictably come out against this exhibition.  You might think they were up in arms about so much chocolate being used but don't worry, it's only milk chocolate, not the good stuff.  However, they said it is "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever."

My personal take is "why not?"  It's an exhibition at Easter with a Christian theme.  Good for them.

Any dissenting opinions?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6644|IRELAND

Would love to eat some Jesus cock...........................mmmmmmmm chocolate.
Volatile
+252|6720|Sextupling in Empire

JahManRed wrote:

Would love to eat some Jesus cock...........................mmmmmmmm chocolate.
Ha, I wonder if I would be considered blasphemy to bite off peices.

MMmmmm....sacrilicious.....

Last edited by Volatile_Squirrel (2007-03-30 01:13:31)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6338|Orrstrayleea
I dont see the big deal, i mean to say, the catholic church should be happy and willing any type of attention
Hawk390
+27|6660|Melbourne, Australia
mmm.....sweet milky jesus.....
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6797

make a chocolate Prophet Mohammad and then we'll really have something to discuss
JahManRed
wank
+646|6644|IRELAND

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Hommer...J...Simpson.........legend.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6546|The lunar module
Chocolate > Communion wafer.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6370
Cheap Publicity,  He dosen't apeear to posses a lot of talent ...

If he made a chocolate nude Muhammad

he would be castrated within one year

and they'd probably make a video of it too.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-03-30 05:54:13)

zeidmaan
+234|6431|Vienna

JahManRed wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Hommer...J...Simpson.........legend.
Rofl first thing that came to my mind was H. Simpson
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6566|CH/BR - in UK

That's quite amusing, actually... The church should be glad that so much devotion went into making another Jesus, imo.

-konfusion
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6461|The Land of Scott Walker
The nakedness is probably historically accurate.  The Romans removed the clothes of those being crucified to completely shame the victim in addition to the excruciating pain.  In regard to sensibilities, it would be more appropriate to cover the genital area if it’s going to be on public display.  Also, if it’s for Easter they shouldn’t have Jesus on the cross.  Good Friday is the day used to remember Jesus’ crucifixion and Easter is the celebration of His resurrection.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6587|USA
its probably the nakedness and the accuracy of the depiction (jesus looks like a real er....chocolate person, not cartoony like most publications depict him) that is pissing off the church.

either that or pope benedict has his head up his asshole and sees nothing but shit.
Fen321
+54|6513|Singularity
We should have a Chocolate crucified Bunny -- it would be more fitting don't you think?

Oh yes lots of eggs dotted around the Bunny....its a must!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6665

Mmmm... will people be allowed to eat it? Making a chocolate cock for anyone, let alone Jesus seems a little odd though.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6370
my sister told me that when she was in Japan some store had Christmas decorations up,

but they were a tad confused and had a  Santa  nailed to a cross.

I still dare the guy to try and make a chocolate nude Muhammad.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6461|The Land of Scott Walker
Let's hope the chocolate doesn't start to melt on a certain area or the church will REALLY get upset.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6268|England
It will save the catholic priests some money as they won't need to buy sweeties for the boys for a while, they can just lurk around the chocolate jesus for a while, they complain because they want a chocolate choir boy mmmm can anyone say kiddie fiddler.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
fasty77killa
+2|6543|Omaha NE
i see nothing wrong with this at all
why is it that even Catholic riht has to get upset about this
i am a christian and i see no sac religious symbolism in this at all
Jesus is a very dominate historical figure why can't one use him as a inspiration for art 

come on people son of god or not he has been a art figure for centuries
topal63
. . .
+533|6734
https://i3.tinypic.com/2po4lkh.jpg

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-30 11:45:53)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6697|Dayton, Ohio
Reminded me of the concept of the "Buddy Christ" in dogma.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732
Lawl naked chocolate Jesus
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6541|South Florida
See this is why religion is gay. There all pussies. No one can handle a little fun. How could you not see the coolness in a chocolate statue of your savior.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6646|Washington, DC

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

See this is why religion is gay. There all pussies. No one can handle a little fun. How could you not see the coolness in a chocolate statue of your savior.
Word. If someone made a chocolate statue of me I'd be honored, unless they weren't faithful to EVERY organ of my body =p
chittydog
less busy
+586|6851|Kubra, Damn it!

Chocolate Jesus would make communion more tasty!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard