=JoD=Corithus
+30|6565
Well, I just beat it, and I gotta say, (without spoiling the end, of course), that the path into the reactor is EPIC!!!
Be prepared to die.....alot.  I suggest when you leave Pripyat,(however its spelled,) take your favorite gun, all the ammo and meds you can carry, and nothing else. 
Oh, and by the by, depending on how you play, there are alternate endings.
I suggest this game to everyone, it's a little slow to pick up, but still one of the 5 best I've ever played.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6716|Charlie One Alpha
Okay, the patch is here, BUT save games don't work anymore. I'm still not sure whether I want to install this patch and start all over again...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

finish the game once than patch it and start again. You can apparently be a bad guy also. That dodgy guy that stands by the Bar has some dodgy missions.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

People have already finished it? What shit is this? It just came out in NZ today! A day earlier than it was supposed to I might add!
Anyway, I'm not blown away by it, but it is a really cool game. I don't seem to get any graphical glitches, the framerate can be a bit slow at times.

The graphics do look "dated" as some people have pointed out, but since the world is so complex I don't think we can hold tha against them. This is coming from someone who is yet to dive deep into the Zone of course.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
GhenghisRON
+3|6393|Sunny Orlando,Florida U.S.A.#1
I've been playing this game for a few days now and I gotta say I love it.  The VESA suit and GP37 are the stuff! too bad I can't seem to attach a grenade launcher to it. 

I wish I had a great rig to max everything out and see how it really should look but it plays fine for me.  I'm running on:cpu  amd 3000XP, 1.5 Gigs of ram, nvidia 6800 GT, raptor HDD.  I think my settings are low/medium I'm not sure because I think it auto-detected set up for me.  I start lagging when there are a bunch of NPC's around but firefights go pretty smooth.  No graphic glitches noticed but some of the missions are buggy.  Someone else posted about the carpark mission already -I'm not sure which one it is for me ,but when I enter or leave an area it says to go back for the reward.  I've already finished the mission and I collected the reward 3 times before I figured it out (easy money!)

All in all I would recommend this game to everyone!

Last edited by GhenghisRON (2007-03-28 07:08:20)

Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.
So, Is this game worth spending $90 on?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Yeah it is. You can trust me, I spent $100 on my copy.

It's a really interesting game, I've never played anything like it. It's very much a FPS RPG, which is pretty cool. The gun battles are very realistic due to the realistic ballistic work the programmers have done, which is a pretty neat change from the norm of FPS games where if you can't hit someone with a gun you're legally a retard and can plead insanity for a DUI charge. Be prepared to be frustrated that you can't be Rambo and charge in, wipe out a squad whilst suffering minor injuries. Gun battles won't be over in five seconds, you're going to have to use the environment and place your shots as carefully as you can 'cause you can bet that the enemy will be doing the same.

Then again I've only dealt with minor mutants and Bandits. Oh, and that one lone Stalker I assassinated with a creep-up-silenced-pistol-shot-to-the-back-of-the-head.

Edit: Today I saw a Bloodsucker. Psycho fucking thing it was too. I was minding my own buisiness and then decided to turn my flashlight on and the thing went fucking crazy and attacked me. Had to empty a lot of bullets into the fucker too.

Yes I'm taking the game slow and enjoying it instead of rushing to finish it.

Last edited by Ty (2007-03-28 21:27:55)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.

Ty wrote:

It's a really interesting game, I've never played anything like it. It's very much a FPS RPG, which is pretty cool. The gun battles are very realistic due to the realistic ballistic work the programmers have done, which is a pretty neat change from the norm of FPS games where if you can't hit someone with a gun you're legally a retard and can plead insanity for a DUI charge. Be prepared to be frustrated that you can't be Rambo and charge in, wipe out a squad whilst suffering minor injuries. Gun battles won't be over in five seconds, you're going to have to use the environment and place your shots as carefully as you can 'cause you can bet that the enemy will be doing the same.

Then again I've only dealt with minor mutants and Bandits. Oh, and that one lone Stalker I assassinated with a creep-up-silenced-pistol-shot-to-the-back-of-the-head.
Ahaha, nice. Looks like I'll be buying it tomorrow then!

By the way...has anyone found "Freeman's Body" yet?...
dead_rac00n
+12|6489|DTC

LaidBackNinja wrote:

There IS a quick save button, F7, but it is bugged.
Sorry, but the quicksave button is F6, not F7. Maybe that's why it's bugged for you
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6716|Charlie One Alpha

dead_rac00n wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

There IS a quick save button, F7, but it is bugged.
Sorry, but the quicksave button is F6, not F7. Maybe that's why it's bugged for you
Oops, yes it's F6 and not F7, that was a typo, but it is still bugged. However, they fixed this particular bug in the patch . One thing that bothers me about the patch is that your armor now seems to deteriorate the same way weapons do -- with no apparent way to repair it. This means your fancy set of armor that you spent tons of money on will worthless in time? Can anyone who has the patch confirm this for me?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6666|The darkside of Denver
Has anyone here figured out how to join DUTY? i am in their main base but cannot find the general. I want to align with this faction damnit im sick of being a loner.. the zone can be a cold and harsh place w/o a membership card damnit!
AndrewKF
+3|6375
I'll gonna install this patch today, damn i loose my saves and I'm pretty far away now. But any way i will enjoy every minute of game, and just hope the next patch wont make me to start all over again
BTW I like to slowly explore the game, and I've just reached red forest but to the point, did someone as well found a body of a guy with flash drive telling, that he was working in Black Mesa ? And the name was..
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6467

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Has anyone here figured out how to join DUTY? i am in their main base but cannot find the general. I want to align with this faction damnit im sick of being a loner.. the zone can be a cold and harsh place w/o a membership card damnit!
First you gota finish the barkeeps jobs, and if you go toa rmy warehouses DO NOT take ANY Freedom jobs or warn freedom about the duty attack, eventaully the barkeep will tell you to speak to the duty general and theyl let you through.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

First you gota finish the barkeeps jobs, and if you go toa rmy warehouses DO NOT take ANY Freedom jobs or warn freedom about the duty attack, eventaully the barkeep will tell you to speak to the duty general and theyl let you through.
You can warn them of the attack. Duty even say that those men are not under their command. I killed them all and still friendly with Duty.
AndrewKF
+3|6375
Any way that patch didn't fixed that rain glitch in 100%. Game looks a wee bit easier on master level than it was before. I'll gonna play few more hours and see what will happen
And yes someone asked about it, armor is getting used with time, crap...
It would be OK if it could be fixed but no, I hope it will be fixed in next patch
But until now looks more or less OK, but again I cannot see any big difference only that I had to start again...
and quest when I'm talking to Fox the text just fly through the screen and disappear wasn't fixed, someone has that as well ?
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6565

Macca wrote:

Ty wrote:

Ahaha, nice. Looks like I'll be buying it tomorrow then!

By the way...has anyone found "Freeman's Body" yet?...
Yes, I found Freemans body an got his PDA, it's an amusing little item
MagiCandy
+18|6661
The true Freeman would never trade his crowbar for food!!!!!
SonderKommando
Where is freemans body?
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

where in hell do I find a flashlight (or NV)?
I had to go through those underground dark labs in complete dark, I almost shit my self when I was attacked by few of those semi-invisible fuckers.
AndrewKF
+3|6375

zeidmaan wrote:

where in hell do I find a flashlight (or NV)?
I had to go through those underground dark labs in complete dark, I almost shit my self when I was attacked by few of those semi-invisible fuckers.
Flashlight press L
And NV is mounted in some suits but not every one.
SonderKommando
lol. The underground labs were pretty cool. I'm really enjoying this game... even though i cant use HDR.....
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6722
I picked up this game over last weekend and I must say it is a totally new experience for me.

I am an old hand at FPS games and this one had made me alter my play style... I had to cause it's unlike any FPS game I've ever played.

When your used to blasting your way through a room full of bad guys while barely taking any damage you just can't play this game that way. It plays more like Operation Flashpoint, where guns work like guns should work and damage works like damage should work...

I really love the fact that you can bandage yourself, and that you get hungry... it adds a level of realism to it that immerses you even more into the world.

I've been playing for a few days now but trying to get the hang of it has caused me to restart a few times so I haven't even left the entry area... maybe I'll try to wander into the Garbage tonight.

I have one into one annoying bug. When I die, it won't let me load my saved game until I've exited the program and restarted. I think it's addressed by the patch but I don't want to lose my AK-47
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Once you equip some arts you become invinsible. I had +1200 hp and +200 endurance, could run for ever and take like 1000 bullets.
SonderKommando
What artifacts are you using? The only really useful ones i have found and havent sold are these blue ball looking things that work wonders for endurance...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Spark, thats +76 to endurance, then one that gives you +600 hp, -10% rupture, bulletproof and cuts, Spring gives +30% rupture.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard