11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6428|behind my rifle

Parker wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

meh nyte i  feel the same way and its all part of the reason i quit playing pubs now. people just have no brains on pubs, dont they understand winning the round is probly the most important thing?
spoken like a true virgin gaming nerd.....
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
Why do Wake Island USMC players suck ass?

I Was'nt USMC commander !!
GeT-TwisTeD
+7|6248

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Ironicly sometimes china having the J10 is an advantage for the USMC. Since the J10 is God everyone wants it, to the point where they TK for it and even destroy it if they cannot get it. Because of this greed the US can moblize thier inferior F35s. Though the F35 is worse than the J10 the F35 can still prevent the J10 from taking off if it failed to at the start of the round due to the greed of the jet whore. Because the J10 cannot take off then the F35 can focus on the Z10, by surpressing the Z10 the US now can land the blackhawk much easier, allowing them to establish a foothold on the island. The Chinese still cannot moblize their aircraft due to bombing surpression and their own team's greed so they cannot easily fight the USMC troops who have landed and have air support. With the F35 taking of air craft then the Cobra can fight china's tanks. Without armor China cannot attack or defend as easily. And so the USMC wins. 3/7 USMC wins on Wake are because the PLA team was greedy at the bgining of the round. Wow.
Good point it really sucks if your in a 16 player 8v8 server and you have 4-6 people waiting for a jet even though the jets dont respawn after two are in the air youll still find at least 2 people aroudn the area
link52787
+29|6491
I go solo and snipe.  When I find a good sniping spot on Wake, some idiot right next to me would empty out his entire mag and give away his position and mine.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

Nyte wrote:

So I was on the NN server on the USMC on Wake Island.

I make a squad called Jet Drop.

I tell people to join it, they refuse saying I'm stupid.

I TK for the jet to do a jet drop (some dumbass general was in there thinking he could make some sort of difference).

I parachute down to airfield and tell my fucking team to suicide and spawn on me.

They say "WTF, WE LOSE 2 PTS OMG NO".

I die from 20vsMe on the airfield.

I spawn back on carrier and proceed to TK until I get banned.

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

Who's right and who's wrong, you tell me.
Yes they are stupid I told my squad leader in the f35b theres no point trying to dogfight J-10 just jump out at  a enemy flag and I will spawn and cap it. Fucking retard decided to flying around not killing anything for ten minutes. Felt like kicking him but naaaah.
=KAW=Mac
+5|6215|STL, MO
Q: Why do Wake Island USMC players suck ass?

A: Because everyone and their mother thinks they're good pilots.
LionEyez
+4|6590
Hm, i agree the map is unbalanced. Give the chinese team a minute and they'll have a Z10 hovering over the artillery isle, tanks covering both beaches and j10's hunting for blackhawks. and any half-way decent commander on their side will spot any US force well before it reaches land.

What the USMC need to do is take advantage of their ability to -in theory- strike any flag. Since i can't fly i'll usually spawn on the isle and take a rib south, if anything because north will almost always see more infantry because of the AA position there. Anyway..long as you have some form of back-up...or luck..you should be able to at least get near the south flag, which in turn diverts people (and vehicles) from other areas. Hopefully this allows the rest of your team to do their thing. divide and conquer..kind of.

I like Wake for its sense of accomplishment if you're able to provide your entire team a spawnpoint on the island - but I'll admit that it always seems as though all the good players are on the PLA side.

As i've read here, I also really feel that a possible victory for the USMC is decided in the first few minutes of a round. i try my best to get ashore as fast as possible, then invite everyone to join my squad. I try not to worry bout my k/d ratio in the process ^^
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

A few solutions to your problems.

LionEyez wrote:

Hm, i agree the map is unbalanced. Give the chinese team a minute and they'll have a Z10 hovering over the artillery isle
Take an M95, spawn on the artillery island, hide under the artillery. No one looks down there, you can hit people on the shore as well (though it is a bit hard with the M95), and until your commander uses the artillery, you're pretty much shielded from fire.

LionEyez wrote:

tanks covering both beaches and j10's hunting for blackhawks. and any half-way decent commander on their side will spot any US force well before it reaches land.
Tanks can be dealt with by your Cobra and by a Blackhawk with some AT guys in it. Have the other Blackhawk serve as bait. Send it out, bring a J-10 towards the carrier, and CIWS his ass to hell. Believe me, I've sent people out in the F-35 to do that, and it works pretty damn well.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
ethrion
+25|6363|Hong Kong @ the moment

=KAW=Mac wrote:

Q: Why do Wake Island USMC players suck ass?

A: Because everyone and their mother thinks they're good pilots.
Hey dammit my Mum is a good pilot!

But seriously, TK'ing your team because they were all smacktards isnt very cool. I mean, yeah, its frustrating and they suck, but just leave and find another (better) server.

What annoys me sometimes is how about 15 players all spawn on the arty island as snipers and proceed to just camp there, waiting for the odd kill. That leaves 17 USMC against the 32 Chinese. 7 of those USMC are always waiting on the bloody carrier and another 3 are flying around in the helo and plane for the entire round but doing nothing productive. Leaving 7 players actually on the ground attacking the 32 Chinese. 2 of those 7 will just constantly try to drive the RIB at the north/south headland and constantly get blown up. 5 will make it ashore somewhere (usually after a 5 min long boat ride to the airfield, by which time the tickets are heavily down). 3 of those 5 are crap players and get wasted almost immediately, which then convinces them not to try that again so they stay on the carrier or become snipers and camp on arty island. Of the 2 remaining players 1 has a high ping and gets kicked. Leaving just 1 (you) to take on the entire 32 man PLA! Oh joy!

Last edited by ethrion (2007-03-28 20:54:32)

Danbowski
SAUSAGE
+16|6321|Massachusetts
LOL ethrion. lol !!!!!!!
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6470|Valley of the Dragons

Danbowski wrote:

LOL ethrion. lol !!!!!!!
What he said
Anybodykillz
Ummm ... no.
+13|6410|beyond teh blinders

Nyte wrote:

I TK for the jet to do a jet drop (some dumbass general was in there thinking he could make some sort of difference).

I parachute down to airfield and tell my fucking team to suicide and spawn on me.

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

I personally think you, aside from cameron poe, are the biggest jack ass on this site.

Last edited by Anybodykillz (2007-03-29 02:20:34)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

Anybodykillz wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

I personally think you, aside from cameron poe, are the biggest jack ass on this site.
I personally think that your post had no contribution to the topic.

Oh and I personally think that most of players on Wake suck anyways. Even the Chinese side, at least usually. I have capped airfield so many times alone...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
ethrion
+25|6363|Hong Kong @ the moment

Jemme101 wrote:

Danbowski wrote:

LOL ethrion. lol !!!!!!!
What he said
Haha thanks man!. Sadly it's so true though...*sigh*
LionEyez
+4|6590

cowami wrote:

A few solutions to your problems.

LionEyez wrote:

Hm, i agree the map is unbalanced. Give the chinese team a minute and they'll have a Z10 hovering over the artillery isle
Take an M95, spawn on the artillery island, hide under the artillery. No one looks down there, you can hit people on the shore as well (though it is a bit hard with the M95), and until your commander uses the artillery, you're pretty much shielded from fire.

LionEyez wrote:

tanks covering both beaches and j10's hunting for blackhawks. and any half-way decent commander on their side will spot any US force well before it reaches land.
Tanks can be dealt with by your Cobra and by a Blackhawk with some AT guys in it. Have the other Blackhawk serve as bait. Send it out, bring a J-10 towards the carrier, and CIWS his ass to hell. Believe me, I've sent people out in the F-35 to do that, and it works pretty damn well.
I agree with your second strategy, but the first I know i cannot do...I've never sniped a pilot out of a flying chopper, and what I meant to say was that the Z10 has the island covered...most chopper pilots know its not a good idea to hover stationary so the chances of being presented with that kind of shot are IMO, minimal.

As for the bait strategy - sure, but this is already implying a certain amount of teamwork. Once you have this you can coordinate to send out 4 ribs (2 on the isle, 2 on the carrier) in different directions as well as have squadleaders in F35's/BH's bailing over flags. But how often does this kind of teamwork take place, really?

The problem most people have experienced is that, when the initial assault is repelled by the Chinese (a sign of a decent chinese team imo), its hard to get any kind of coordinated attack going. I always look at the mini-map to see what my team mates are doing but they dont seem to get very far. like i said, once you find yourself overpowered, its hard to escape a watchful Chinese Commander, 2 J10's, a Z10, 3 tanks.

Even if you can take out the aerial threats using the carrier AA, and the tanks with some AT guys, and even if you can somehow get a full squad near a flag, chances are the entire chinese team will counter it really really fast (because they know it'll be long battle once the USMC starts getting island spawns)

Not to say the USMC never get a flag on the average round, but on most rounds that I've personally played start to finish, the USMC team loses 0-100 tickets or worse even.

But hey I'm inspired by this topic. I'm gonna go play some Wake Only and see what I can do to help the USMC to victory
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6470|Valley of the Dragons
Just take a full BlackHawk and climb to 200 and get to the middle of the bay. Check which flag has the least enemies and dive-bomb with the BH towards it and do a full brake maneuver. Get everybody out and in within 5 seconds you have a flag. Rinse and repeat FTW.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6738|Human Meat Shield
Well what server are you playing? is it 32 player, 16 or 64. We own a 64 and people have no problem getting on the island and some good pilots come there from the old Insomnia, hell USMC gets on so fast that some of the China people have to glitch to save themselves. Its called teamwork, many people on Wake are out for the points, personally I think China sucks because all you see is a continuous loop to the carrier while behind them their flags are gone.
Chillin&killin
+27|6644|Manchester,England
Attacking takes co-ordination something you dont get alot of.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6721|Toronto, ON

Anybodykillz wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

Thanks, I try my best.

...Actually, I don't.
Alpha as fuck.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6474

Im_Dooomed wrote:

This is the way this map should be played. Whoever is in the F-35 should NOT go on bombing runs all over the map and straff infantry (only at the airfield to keep the j10's off the ground.)
Haha, are you serious? The F35 is awesome and can win the game for the US... if they know how to fly...
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408

ZekersSneakers wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

This is the way this map should be played. Whoever is in the F-35 should NOT go on bombing runs all over the map and straff infantry (only at the airfield to keep the j10's off the ground.)
Haha, are you serious? The F35 is awesome and can win the game for the US... if they know how to fly...
QFT

Although awesome might be an overstatement, it is a very capable plane.  Plus, if you are raping airfield, you have what, like 20 seconds between j 10 spawns?  I'll be damned if I don't go looking for vehicles and infantry in the 2 turns I have before the next jet spawns, ha.  I've also found, that if you blow up the j10 on the runway, if you bust ass back to the carrier and head straight back, the j 10 spawns right as you get there.  Lubly.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-03-29 13:52:22)

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada

Nyte wrote:

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

stop complaining
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408
What is that prayer or whatever?  Let me have the wisdom to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the serenity to know the difference?  Haha going purely off memory and I know it's wrong as hell.  But basically, after about age 8, we're SUPPOSED to stop complaining.  If you can change what bothers you, do it.  If you can't, then move on.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6721|Toronto, ON

oChaos.Haze wrote:

What is that prayer or whatever?  Let me have the wisdom to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the serenity to know the difference?  Haha going purely off memory and I know it's wrong as hell.  But basically, after about age 8, we're SUPPOSED to stop complaining.  If you can change what bothers you, do it.  If you can't, then move on.
I can change it, its called TKing.
Alpha as fuck.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6738|Human Meat Shield
Good luck on TKing in a good server... Visit one, you wouldnt last.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard