Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

I think he is taking about about the French and Indian War. Am I right? If I am, then
A. America was British then.
B. You suckas were French .

Oh yeah, I'm so down for a Canadian Army in BF2. (Hopefully in PR).

edit: War of 1812? Wasn't that the British? Were you Canadians mixed in the fighting too?
I'm not sure what War it was.. and we still are French, depressing.. I know..
werd i got 5 years of french class to prove it. and outve those 5 years all i can really remember is the amazingly hot french teachers i had.
OMG this tread has derailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

I think he is taking about about the French and Indian War. Am I right? If I am, then
A. America was British then.
B. You suckas were French .

Oh yeah, I'm so down for a Canadian Army in BF2. (Hopefully in PR).

edit: War of 1812? Wasn't that the British? Were you Canadians mixed in the fighting too?
werd i got 5 years of french class to prove it. and outve those 5 years all i can really remember is the amazingly hot french teachers i had.
Did these amazingly hot French teachers have mustaches?
But, I love Canada. After all, Rich Harden is from there, and he will be great.

Last edited by cowami (2007-03-28 19:48:43)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6788|Barrie Ontario

cowami wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

No.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

cowami wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

My French teacher wasn't so amazingly hot..  little asian that didn't know shit..

I can't believe I even passed French 11, I don't know anything.

and to answer superior mind, France has nothing to do with Canada now.. If anything its Britain.

Last edited by LT.Victim (2007-03-28 19:58:54)

Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver
Oh, don't start this "We invaded the States" nationalist crap, ignoring history and pretending that we are in some way superior.
LT.Victim

Drakef wrote:

Oh, don't start this "We invaded the States" nationalist crap, ignoring history and pretending that we are in some way superior.
No, we are not superior to the US when it comes to military..

I was just stating that we are the only country to sucessfully invade the US..

And if we tried it again today, we would get owned before we ever crossed the border..
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

LT.Victim wrote:

Drakef wrote:

And if we tried it again today, we would get owned before we ever crossed the border..
Define "successfully invade the U.S."

Remember that this war enabled the Americans to assert their authority over the Americas (Monroe Doctrine), and as such prevent further British influence in the area. It was to aid the American independance. The first months of the war was betwen badly organized militias of both sides- Many Americans were not willing to fight. They were skirmishes.

The main parts of the war could be seen at sea, where the American privateers were very successful against the Royal Navy, and at land, when British armies, veterans of the Napoleonic Wars, arrived. The Canadian involvement was a small chapter, and did not truly include an invasion. It was the British Empire who fought the States, not Canada. And despite the strong British forces, the Americans once again triumphed, with several major victories, including the Battle of New Orleans. British influence was destroyed.

As for the White House story, how can even a staunch nationalist Canadian (I won't go into how foolish that is) be proud of British troops setting fire to the White House? How about acknowledging the fact that the Americans did the same to the Canadian Parliament buildings in Toronto/York?

No, Canadians did not successfully invade the United States. Territory was not held to define a successful invasion. Other forces too, have done the same. Mexicans have invaded, and lost. So did the British in the War of 1812, but it was not successful. Cut the nationalist crap.
Flakturnal
+21|6443|Perth,WA

trex1210 wrote:

I think that the "Canadian Forces" should also be a faction in Battle Field 2.
Any one else agree?
Yep. part French,
Each team will have 1 flag cap and the first to surrender wins.

ELITE-UK wrote:

no
funniest answer ever +1
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
well, we havent been to much of a fighting force since world war 2, and are now just starting to invest a little in our military.

if they put us in the game heres some weapons they might use

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/2_5.asp?cat=2

and for vehicle we'd have leopard tanks, sea kings, avro arrows, and whatever i dont feel like lookin anymore good day to you
LT.Victim

Flakturnal wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Any one else agree?
Yep. part French,
Don't ever get France confused with French Canadians, Trust me, they don't like it.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada

Flakturnal wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Any one else agree?
Yep. part French,

ELITE-UK wrote:

no
funniest answer ever +1
only one province is officially french(speaking, not meaning they have anything to do with france, FUCK THAT SHIT) and most of the ppl there speak english anyways, we havent been under french rule since 1763, and havent been under british rule since some time around 1900

then again it probably doesnt make a difference to you guys, probably come up with the same kind of remarks anyways

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2007-03-28 21:16:19)

Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

INFERNO552 wrote:

only one province is officially french(speaking, not meaning they have anything to do with france, FUCK THAT SHIT) and most of the ppl there speak english anyways, we havent been under french rule since 1763, and havent been under british rule since some time around 1900

then again it probably doesnt make a difference to you guys, probably come up with the same kind of remarks anyways
You forgot New Brunswick. They are both English and French officially.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada

Drakef wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

You forgot New Brunswick. They are both English and French officially.
ya really anypart of canada east of ontario is kinda, for lack of a better word "different"

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2007-03-28 21:19:38)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

INFERNO552 wrote:

Flakturnal wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Any one else agree?
Yep. part French,

ELITE-UK wrote:

no
funniest answer ever +1

Well, in all honesty, when I went to Montreal, most everyone there spoke French first, English second. In fact, without my high school level Spanish, my family probably would have gotten lost in Canadian hell. Thankfully, there was at least one place where we could actually speak with people: Chinatown.

Hooray for stubborn Quebeckians/Quebeckers/Quebecoise/whatever the hell they're called.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
Canadian army in Bf2??. . . . Umm no sorry guys

If anything the British army should have been represented (I know the SAS are in Special Forces).  The designers should have put the Royal Marines fighting the MEC.

What really could have been cool if they included Israeli Special Forces to fight the insurgents!!! Or at least the Navy Seals fighting the insurgents. . . .

side note: The EU was a nice future concept army, but they look like UN fighters, and we all know the UN doesnt impose its will on anyone. . . . I would have much rather had the Royal Marines, or something similar
LT.Victim

cowami wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

Flakturnal wrote:

Yep. part French,

funniest answer ever +1

Well, in all honesty, when I went to Montreal, most everyone there spoke French first, English second. In fact, without my high school level Spanish, my family probably would have gotten lost in Canadian hell. Thankfully, there was at least one place where we could actually speak with people: Chinatown.

Hooray for stubborn Quebeckians/Quebeckers/Quebecoise/whatever the hell they're called.
Its funny, Quebec has certain laws to protect its french history. All the signs have to be in French, Even the stop signs are in French, which is funny considering france's stop signs are in English.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada

cowami wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

Flakturnal wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Any one else agree?
Yep. part French,

funniest answer ever +1

well by speak english, i meant know how to speak english, ya french still is there 1st language, but its some sort of new breed of french language, its like a mix of english and french, kinda weird
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
well despite the ignorant replies flying all around this thread, im going to go with no, we just simply don't have enough of a military presence to have our own faction in a game
devildogfo
+32|6324|Camp Lejeune
First of all, no. I like candians, they are so eager to please. They just tend to be nice. Except they drive like assholes and put vinegar on their "freedom" fries (lol). (i live right by the canadian border).

Second of all, when in WWII were the candians more feared than the SS? ya gotta be high.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada

devildogfo wrote:

First of all, no. I like candians, they are so eager to please. They just tend to be nice. Except they drive like assholes and put vinegar on their "freedom" fries (lol). (i live right by the canadian border).

Second of all, when in WWII were the candians more feared than the SS? ya gotta be high.
well in WWII we had the battle of vimmy ridge (where both british and american troops failed to take it, we succeeded)

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

italian campaign and more
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Ryan wrote:

Even though I'm Canadian, I don't think so... We suck.
And if they did put us in, make us battle the USMC, we would lose every time.
rolf there should be a Canadian carrier

https://www.fototime.com/57039CA8DE2639E/orig.jpg

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-28 23:50:04)

Psych0
+5|6508|Quebec, Canada
Canadian soldier are better than USA soldier on 1vs1. Canadian also have to best sniper in the world. Their army is just way smaller than the USA army or other country, and the guns, tanks, etc is old and is in ruin. Even if I'm Canadian, I don't think there should be Canadian forces in Bf2, the army, and war in Canada aren't very important. We already have USMC vs MEC maps, it would be the same, CF(Canadian forces) vs MEC...
A mod could be nice to play but not that interesting.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6603

LT.Victim wrote:

Meh.. I don't really care.. USMC is close enough..

And anyone who bad mouths Canada's Army..

Just remember, we are the only nation that has successfully invaded the United States.
oh yea true that, i just remembered
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH

LT.Victim wrote:

Drakef wrote:

You say that you are the only country to successfully invade the U.S.

To that, I say this: Have you forgotten Mexico?
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6788|Barrie Ontario

devildogfo wrote:

we drive like assholes, or you just suck at driving? and i have never heard of freedom fries.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard