Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
If ive been playing and talking on teamspeak for a while, and my dad comes in or something and says hi and i start to talk back ive actually gone to hold the talk button.. Crazy.
If ive been doing anything for a long time on the computer (especially stuff like file editing and idea making) i start to see things, like ill look at my door and it would bring to mind a file i edited, only for a split second
15 more years! 15 more years!
aLeX
.?
+160|6332|:D

Thank god im not this bad, I occasionly think I could be playing bf2 right now. However I do always think "Enemy Spotted" When playing other games, i say it aloud
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
you all have an addiction to bf2?  look at my hours per day... sad
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
thefooch
+3|6282
My only issue is every monday morning when the garbage truck pulls up to my house it sounds like the T90.

Enemy Armor Spotted!!!!
Exxorcism
Vatican's Holy Sniper
+2|6261|Vatican

The Magic Mullet wrote:

Yesterday as I was being driven to the pub I saw 3 fellas huddled in a doorway, I immediately thought 2 things;

1. Friend or Foe? Why didn't they have names and colours over their heads?

2. Where are my nades?

Sadly this is very true.

Along the same lines I smashed a cup the other day and the first thing I thought was "Shit! Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Z!"

Is there a rehab centre for people coming to terms with geekness?
Lies; I dunno why people are trying so hard to fill the gap that Pancy Bollux left here.

Last edited by Exxorcism (2007-03-28 11:46:47)

im_in_heaven
+27|6589

Varegg wrote:

Nah .... think this is normal when you pass 750 hours of playing BF2, i myself tends to prone when reloading my staple machine at the office
LOL +1
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea

Exxorcism wrote:

The Magic Mullet wrote:

Yesterday as I was being driven to the pub I saw 3 fellas huddled in a doorway, I immediately thought 2 things;

1. Friend or Foe? Why didn't they have names and colours over their heads?

2. Where are my nades?

Sadly this is very true.

Along the same lines I smashed a cup the other day and the first thing I thought was "Shit! Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Z!"

Is there a rehab centre for people coming to terms with geekness?
Lies; I dunno why people are trying so hard to fill the gap that Pancy Bollux left here.
I'd say its true, but yer, people are trying to fill that gap........you want to know why? because there is no pollux to make us laugh and there is kill-joys like you that are making us all sad
Johnathan.Heart
Go Heart or go home!
+4|6629|Muenster.Germany
I´m workink in a kitchen when somebody cut his finger i´m looking for a medipack where he can run over.You are good to go,go back to your work!
Fredline
+13|6621|Seattle, WA
I usually play SF BF2 just before going to bed...so inevitably I keep hearing the Rebel, SAS or Spetznas voices clear as day in my head while slowly dozing off...pretty freaky.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Just before, as I was eating dinner, I saw a commercial for a car. The message "$249 per month at blah blah blah"...

I have no idea why, but I thought of nothing but BF2 for quite a few moments.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

The Magic Mullet wrote:

I do that all the time - not smashing cups, but thinking in Ctrl+Z type terms. Particularly when I'm writing stuff by hand (you know, with that old fashioned stuff called paper and a pen or pencil) - So many times I think "I'll just copy and paste that bit..." or something similar...
Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6510|The Sky
I have the habbit sometimes to say "Pwned" and call people noobs. I blame BF2 for that.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
To my eternal shame I once said "LOL" over Vent...
t0mhank5
+319|6713|Surge

Special_ops_3 wrote:

I have the habbit sometimes to say "Pwned" and call people noobs. I blame BF2 for that.
I do that so often...

I also check for flags, if theyre at half mast, i worry that some MECs are trying to cap it.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6446|Queens, NYC

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

To my eternal shame I once said "LOL" over Vent...
Lucky you only did it on Vent... I did it at work. Some laughed, and some asked what "LOL" was. I'm introduced to the new hires as the guy who spells out his actions. I hate it.

But BF2-wise, I hear medics all around me all the time. Along with the defib sound. I also had a dream that I was a medic, got critically wounded, and got revived by a medic. This game is probably some sort of hypnotism tool for the gamemaker to turn us into its zombies, just like Ivan Ooze did with the people from that Power Ranger place.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Sometimes, when I go to sleep, I dream up strategies for winning as a squad in Karkand. It typically involves a sniper acting as designated marksman, and sending half my squad to the left of the Suburbs and the other half to the right of the Suburbs.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
l41e
+677|6650

I've picked up the British/Scottish accents from certain members here and from Call of Duty 3.

Oh, and "RIGHT-O!" from 2142.

Edit: Not picked up as in I talk normally and my classmates go "what the hell, since when are you British", but picked up as in I can use them.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2007-03-28 18:27:33)

INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
i find my self getting bad marks in english because i sometimes accidentally writing in abreviations and l33t speek

any computer even if i know theres no games on it (computer lab at school) my fingers instantly go to the wasd keys

and so on
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6744|Backward Ass Kansas
Every time I drive by a construction crane, I scan it for snipers. People behind me usually have to honk to bring me back to my senses. I've sat through an entire green light before scanning cranes, and looked up right as it turned red again, I shit you not.  Also I have checked my driveway for mines before leaving.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
I'm embarrassed to say this but i was in the bathroom and ran out of toilet paper and yelled "Need Ammo!"
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
lol I remember this- had a similar thread a while back. However, for me I admit yes Bf2 has affected my mind because I went and bought a full metal mp5 airsoft gun and camo. I also have an m9... lol USMC anti tank loadout!!!

Last edited by agent146 (2007-03-28 20:06:30)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
I yell at my employees'  GO GO GO
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6646|Camoran's Paradise
Wow this is sad.
A few times I have had an incredibly strong urge to jump off a ledge several stories high and deploy my parachute so I don't have to take the stairs.  Once I actually started to run toward the railing in a shopping mall that was three stories high so I could get to the food court at the bottom.  My friend thought I was nuts.
BTW: This is all subconscious impulses.  I'm not doing them to be funny.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-03-28 20:14:45)

Ice Cold Killa
+26|6445|Perth, W.A, Australia.
yes at school i tend to call people "hax" when playing a sport and they score lol
JaggedPanther
+61|6475
The first game that did this to me was Tiberian Sun. I woke up and tried to call and EMP strike at a shoppers market cos I had to grab barbeque sauce and didn't want to wait in the line up. Then I opened my eyes fully and put down the phone.

Perhaps it happens more to sleepwalkers like us.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-03-28 21:43:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard