stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6450|Sheffield-England

specxops wrote:

THATS NOT FUNNY WTF did the rabit do to u
He bunnyhopped.... stupid lamer bunnyHoppers!

Last edited by stkhoplite (2007-03-28 08:04:44)

Raphi
Banned
+354|6229|Basel, Switzerland
Killing animals is only for noobs.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

KillahStyle wrote:

Killing animals is only for noobs.
I'm guessing, you are a vegetarian?
MrE`158
+103|6594
Adding another voice to the "I've murdered ickle bunny-wabbits" group.

I've gone out with a rifle and shot rabbits too.  Again, I did it on farmland, for a specific purpose.  In my case the local rabbits were suffering from myxomatosis, which is pretty nasty, leaving them stumbling about blind and in pain.  So you shoot them (killing the infected ones helps slow the spread of the disease too).

For all the tree-huggers out there, remember this:  The collossal human population has had an incredible impact on the environment.  We've skewed the balance of damn near every ecology we've come into contact with.  As a result, we're left in the situation where "natural order" won't occur naturally, and sometimes it's neccessary for us to go out there and cull animal populations.  It's not just rabbits and vermin, either.  Here in Ireland, there are deer culls.  Pretty sure we have the same fox culls that the UK has, and I think I've heard about badger culls too.  In Kenya there are elephant culls.  Australia culls rabbits and other imported animals to protect the native marsupial population (cause marsupials are losing the competition of natural selection out there).  I'm pretty sure in the USA there are culls for not only jackrabbits and groundhogs, but also for bigger animals like deer or bears.

It might seem harsh, but sometimes it needs to be done.  The OP makes a point about how his jackrabbits need an extra couple of shots to put them down properly, would you prefer he clip the and let them die slowly from blood loss or an infected wound?

P.S.  Properly roasted rabbit is fuckin' gorgeous.
da_schmitty
+14|6234
Thats friggin sweet!  I used to get paid as a teen to shoot gophers in farmers fields.  They would make holes, the cattle would break legs falling into said holes.  Cheaper to pay me $5 per gopher than $400-500 for a cow.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London
WRONG

Bunnyhopping is teh winz0r

http://www.break.com/index/brave_rabbit_vs_snake.html

Last edited by Aries_37 (2007-03-28 09:26:12)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6627|The View From The Afternoon

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

WTF? You shoot a fucking rabbit with a machinegun? That's not even a sport.
I sure hope you used all the parts of the rabbit afterwards, you should be forced to eat its brains as well.
It's NOT a machinegun.  It's a semi-auto.  And I don't eat its brains, but I do eat its cute little face.

KiL
I'm just saying, if you go hunting it's only a man's sport if your odds are even with the rabbits.
Give the rabbit poisonous darts or something. Deatmatch is the thing.
da_schmitty
+14|6234

Aries_37 wrote:

WRONG

Bunnyhopping is teh winz0r

http://www.break.com/index/brave_rabbit_vs_snake.html
Good thing he wasnt using SNAKES to hunt rabbits!
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6569|S.C.
Unless there was an official cull I hope you ate that rabbit.
da_schmitty
+14|6234

mikeyb118 wrote:

Unless there was an official cull I hope you ate that rabbit.
Apparently, according to ndow.org (the official nevada gaming site), you can only hunt jack rabbit legally from Oct 14th to Jan 31st(which coincides with the quail season).  Can't find anything about private land laws.
Greenboi
+14|6338
Gah, all you people who bitch about him killing the rabit, did you bother to read what he actually said?

Its legal, its necessary where he is to keep it in order.

He didnt do it in cold blood, thats obvious when he said that he makes sure he does it quickly so theyre not in pain.

If people like him didnt attempt to keep the balance well, balanced, then the other animals would be fucked eventually, and he said he is leaving the carcass for the other animals to feed on...imo most of you people are looking at it with blinkers on.  You need to open your eyes and realise what he was doing was a good thing, providing food for animals that arent hunters but, as before mentioned, scavangers.

Just my input *Puts flame guard up*

Good on you KiL, ive only ever shot one gun, an M4 in a range, but i do want to join a shooting club or somethin of the sort as i loved it.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6316|Twyford, UK
Incidentally, these are wild rabbits, not the cute little fluffy domestic ones. Big, nasty, bitety ones. And shooting the little buggers is better than turning dogs on them.

I'd take a gun to squirrels myself, but they're banned. This means that you can only get 'reactivated' guns that may explode in your face, or an air rifle that can't punch through much.
da_schmitty
+14|6234

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I'd take a gun to squirrels myself, but they're banned.
So sad.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6265|Malaysia
Reminds me of how they kill feral cats and cane toads in Australia, a neccesary evil, but one that would ultimately save an entire ecosystem

And to you whiners about killing a rabbit, try actually learning how fast they reproduce.
howler_27
+90|6658
Killing the rabbit due to overpopulation = acceptable
Killing the rabbit due to overpopulation and leaving the carcass = wastefull
Killing the rabbit while "night hunting" in Nevada = Illegal???

I personally don't have a problem with huntiing.  Here in WI, the Whitetail deer is overpopulated, ravaging crops,and cause multiple vehicle fatalities yearly.  However, I do have a problem with people who waste the meat.  It shows a certain lack of respect.  If your gonna kill something, ya better damn well intend on using as much as you can of the animal, or better yet, donate the meat to your local homeless shelter or food pantry.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6714|Backward Ass Kansas

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

We don't just shoot at moving targets for fun...
Strange, cause whenever you see varmint blasting videos(like the one posted earlier) there seems to be the occasional hooting and hollering. If it wasn't enjoyable the majority that do it wouldn't pull their fat asses off of the couch to bother with it(farmers aside).

bob_6012 wrote:

...we do it for a real reason, keeping the population in check.
If only there was something to keep the human population in check. Maybe war isn't such a bad thing after all.
(Psssstt... it's called abortion)
And this thread is substantial eveidence that is not practiced widely enough.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-03-28 10:28:36)

da_schmitty
+14|6234
Jeez people...its as simple as this:  Rabbits are cute....but they are FUCKING SHIT UP!  They need to be removed from their unnatural environment.  Why?  Because they were introduced into an environment where there isn't a natural predator.  Therefore, MAN (as ugly as a word that is to some people) has to step in and stop it.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6402|Washington State, USA

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

We don't just shoot at moving targets for fun...
Strange, cause whenever you see varmint blasting videos(like the one posted earlier) there seems to be the occasional hooting and hollering. If it wasn't enjoyable the majority that do it wouldn't pull their fat asses off of the couch to bother with it(farmers aside).

bob_6012 wrote:

...we do it for a real reason, keeping the population in check.
If only there was something to keep the human population in check. Maybe war isn't such a bad thing after all.
(Psssstt... it's called abortion)
And this thread is substantial eveidence that is not practiced widely enough.
also you can include abstinence and wearing a condom
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

come on man, now there's no reason to kill it if you don't DO anything with it

jesus, if you aren't gonna eat it or anything, why the fuck kill it?
Agreed, up here hunting is HUGE.  However they actually eat what they catch.  Just shooting something for no reason is simply being an asshole.

Someone missed a few hugs.  I feel sorry for you.
If it makes you feel any better, I'd be sure to eat YOU if I blew you away with my AR15.  As for the rabbits.....get the hell over it.

KiL
ooooooooooooo tough guy.  Did I touch a nerve?  Need a hug?  Get a bigger gun, it will make you feel better about your small dick.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

Stealth42o wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

Agreed, up here hunting is HUGE.  However they actually eat what they catch.  Just shooting something for no reason is simply being an asshole.

Someone missed a few hugs.  I feel sorry for you.
If it makes you feel any better, I'd be sure to eat YOU if I blew you away with my AR15.  As for the rabbits.....get the hell over it.

KiL
ooooooooooooo tough guy.  Did I touch a nerve?  Need a hug?  Get a bigger gun, it will make you feel better about your small dick.
Stop bitchin about it, as he said before, it was a legal action just as slaughtering cows for steak is. So stop whining about it..
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673
Boom! Chest shot!!!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642

RDMC(2) wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

KiL
Stop bitchin about it, as he said before, it was a legal action just as slaughtering cows for steak is. So stop whining about it..
I could give a fuck about a rabbit.  Fuck em, it's these morons scraping the bottom of the gene pool and sooner or later reproducing, thus making the general population that much dumber.  Lets just hope for all our sakes his gun miss fires and when he pulls the round out it goes off.

I mean, it's for our children's sake! :-)

However we can save him... someone get this man a hug STAT!!!!

Last edited by Stealth42o (2007-03-28 11:03:15)

da_schmitty
+14|6234
I love when emotion beats out logic...it entertains me.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6498|Northern Ireland

BeerzGod wrote:

All the little kids who think this is somehow cruel or unneeded will understand what this guy is doing when you actually grow up and/or gain some level of maturity. Keep up the good work... although, I would truely be impressed with a knife and/or defib kill.
OMFG Only an American!

I wonder how animal populations used to regulate themselves before we nice humans came along.
thank fuck we don't have too much of a gun culture in this country (not ironic).
da_schmitty
+14|6234

acsman50 wrote:

BeerzGod wrote:

All the little kids who think this is somehow cruel or unneeded will understand what this guy is doing when you actually grow up and/or gain some level of maturity. Keep up the good work... although, I would truely be impressed with a knife and/or defib kill.
OMFG Only an American!

I wonder how animal populations used to regulate themselves before we nice humans came along.
thank fuck we don't have too much of a gun culture in this country (not ironic).
Whatever dude you don't even have a sig....go suck a schlongenhiemer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard