daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

Chorcai wrote:

"We have had our Northern Ireland"... We still have Northern Ireland. One day it will be Ireland not Ireland and Northern Ireland just Ireland.
Ya know what man....thats fine by me. I dont personally think we should have ever been there, but such is life. Im just glad all the trouble has calmed down and theres no  needless killing on both sides.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
people here are criticizing other people for a situation that they will NEVER EVER get in
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Any Americans here who aren't sickened by the reaction these soldiers have to shooting people (including possibly civilians) dead have no right to complain about the behaviour of people seen in footage of the Middle East celebrating attacks on the US (like following 9/11 for example). It's the same superficial, heartless mentality being shown.

IMO.
Not the same people being shot but I'm not particularily fond of their reaction either.
That is the reaction.  You guys can stop crying about it, because most of that is adrenaline combined with morbid fear.  I have never felt an emotion like that....ever, except for in a firefight.  That is how some people "act out" in relief of living at least another minute.  Did I do that?  No.  But most did.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6521|Istanbul-Turkey
american soldiers should use airsoft guns becuase they think they are in a game.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644

Ottomania wrote:

american soldiers should use airsoft guns becuase they think they are in a game.
this kid....
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

Ottomania wrote:

Amazing how stupid people can be.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6521|Istanbul-Turkey
dont worry I am more cute than americans.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6743|Topside

You know what they say,kill em'all and let god sort em' out.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

11sog_raider wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I dont know who was in that building but if he's in there he aint happy.
id ssay. the mormons have a new way to sell there bibles.
but on track now, im not going to blame the marines for what happened, what if the guy in the car had been a insurgent? my regards are to those service men and women over there.
Based on what you just said there, we should shoot every living person in Iraq, as "what if the guy in the [country] had been a insurgent?"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

It is called adrenaline. If you don't understand how it works I suggest you look up the physiological effects it has on your emotions and performance. It is what keeps us alive in life or death situations.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GATOR591957
+84|6627
First of all, this thread should be closed because it is a lie and misleading.  They did not shoot civilians, these so called civilians were shooting at them.  The exhilaration expressed was just as much over they survived the incident as anything else.  As someone said earlier, if you haven't been there withhold you comments until you have.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6354
It seemed to me like a typical reaction to stress and adrenalin ( ever been shot at ? )

Our enemy does not wear a uniform for obvious reasons ( I hope ). They  are  considered crimanals and not soldiers by their own countrymen. The down side of thier tactic is they are not entitled to Military justice when captured under arms.
You have to be a student of history to be aware of these events and many may be ignorant of these facts but.

The Allies Shot Germans under arms in civilian dress on site with no trail well after W.W.II ended.

The "WereWolves" were not given any press coverage as it would obviously encourage them. Given the media of today is heavily invested in the business of generating ratings and has a different sense of responsibility.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-03-27 13:17:25)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43

GATOR591957 wrote:

First of all, this thread should be closed because it is a lie and misleading.  They did not shoot civilians, these so called civilians were shooting at them.  The exhilaration expressed was just as much over they survived the incident as anything else.  As someone said earlier, if you haven't been there withhold you comments until you have.
I disagree and think that the thread should remain open. I did edit the misleading and attention grabbing thread title. Imho, you all are doing a great job explaining the soldiers natural reaction to having successfully survived a firefight against a cowardly enemy who uses the guise of civilian dress to attack our troops.

Kmarion wrote:

It is called adrenaline. If you don't understand how it works I suggest you look up the physiological effects it has on your emotions and performance. It is what keeps us alive in life or death situations.
What this thread is is a fine example of why the 26th amendment to the consitution should be repealed. Too many feminized kiddies out there who play war games and who are somehow shocked by the real thing.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Darth_Fleder wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

I disagree and think that the thread should remain open. I did edit the misleading and attention grabbing thread title. Imho, you all are doing a great job explaining the soldiers natural reaction to having successfully survived a firefight against a cowardly enemy who uses the guise of civilian dress to attack our troops.

Kmarion wrote:

What this thread is is a fine example of why the 26Th amendment to the consitution should be repealed. Too many feminized kiddies out there who play war games and who are somehow shocked by the real thing.
Did you forget why the 26th Amendment was passed?  Because those "kiddies" playing REAL LIFE WAR GAMES had no say in who was sending them.

It would be extremely hard to use restraint in an urban-guerrilla war-style setting when engaged with an enemy.  I don't have a problem with people becoming soldiers/people wanting to defend our country, I just have a problem with gung-ho assholes who get riled up over news reports and have the mentality that we should, "Go over there and blow those rag heads to Kingdom Come."
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Actually, I could see a loophole giving the vote to those who had honorably served in the military.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

Ottomania wrote:

Kill any Armenians today?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Another video showing war-hungry, gun-crazy, American nuts.

And this surprises all of you how?
The only crime I see is the poor bloke who got blown away for driving into the wrong street, that is a warcrime he was a non-combat person.

Did you see him with a ak47 or 74 get out of the car? No.

That is darn right bloody murder and if I was one of those troops I would have shot my hole squad and lived to regret the fact.

What is the difference? Same affect really.

CNN would have got me off.

Shame file of America that is it. Blackwater are cleared to blow anything away, American troops are not.

That is the rules of engagement.

Bring the troops home before you bring cold blooded murderous people home.
That made almost no sense...
Reaper Hilarus
+0|6348
Well it sure has a strange title for what it says at the end: "no unarmed people were hurt during shooting"
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Too many feminized kiddies out there who play war games and who are somehow shocked by the real thing.
I grew up in a conflict zone...................did you? Try not to make sweeping comments like that.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

Darth_Fleder wrote:

What this thread is is a fine example of why the 26th amendment to the consitution should be repealed. Too many feminized kiddies out there who play war games and who are somehow shocked by the real thing.
Old enough to die for the country, old enough to have a say in how it's run; that works for me.

And as far as "feminized", get back to me when you squeeze a ten-pound object out of one of your bodily orifices. Using that contrived little hot-button word as a euphemism for weakness is just stupid; you might as well tell your own mom to her face "You're weak and can't handle anything like a man can". Chances are she'd probably slap the taste out of your mouth.

Now, the video.

Ironically enough, these guys are talking shit just like your aforementioned "kiddies out there who play war games". "Dude, look at me fuck those people all to shit down there". Bragging about hitting the guy driving by in the car like it was a fucking shooting gallery. You know what? The excuse of "It's war, war is ugly" is getting fucking old. It's the answer for everything now. White phosphorus used against human targets? War's ugly. Unarmed civilians hosed at checkpoints? War's ugly. Funny how I don't hear "War's ugly" when it's happening to us. Apparently the ugly face of war is only for those other people; when it's turned around on our side it becomes an atrocity and a heinous crime that must be avenged immediately. I will support troops defending themselves. I will not support them callously shooting anything that moves and joking about it like a bunch of drunk slob hunters. I will not accept excuses made for their behavior. Adrenaline is a lot like alcohol; it may lower your inhibitions but it sure as hell isn't going to make you do something or say something that wasn't all ready in your head.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio
Adrenaline and extreme fear hunter.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal
I personally wont side with anyone here. While it did look like civilians were being shot, there were also bites of information that revealed they were being fired upon. Maybe the cars were actually being driven by the enemy while trying to escape? This is not the whole video as pointed out earlier in the thread, everyone needs to withhold their opinions until we can see the entire video. Right now it looks as if someone edited the video to look the way it does (edited as in cutting it short and ending it early) because they feel negatively against the US.

To sum it up: everyone shut the fuck up, its not the entire movie
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

usmarine2007 wrote:

Adrenaline and extreme fear hunter.
I keep hearing that but it keeps ringing hollow. I guess it's time for more "You weren't there, you don't understand".
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6278
Before this thread goes on any longer, why not dig up the Rules of Engagement in Iraq.

Cause all this thread is going to do is turn into a huge bitch session America Vs Rest of World.

I dare say Blackwater have rules of 2 warning shots if they continue they shoot them dead.

My point was that fellow who pulled up in the car was not the fella dead on the road.

The video lacks alot of what is going on. Before you go on any longer pull up the Rules of Engagement in Iraq and go from there.

There is 1 for troops, 1 for security forces aka Blackwater and it's cohorts.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6787|Barrie Ontario
It wasnt a sniper cause if you watched closely when he brought the At4 up a sniper was right beside him, i couldnt make out the model but you can clearly see the big scope, so i highly doubt they were shooting AT a sniper. i laughed when i seen the guy ram the car and ran like a mother trucker.

Last edited by ShellShock.PwN (2007-03-27 19:00:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard