venom6
Since day One.
+247|6584|Hungary
They need to remake Bf2 and give it for all the bf2 players for FREE of course !!!
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA
BF3: Libs vs. Cons
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6500|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Battlefield 1914

Where combat is back to basics, no pwnage fighters that will rape the shit outta you, no really good tanks and just open plains of rifle and machine guns.

Or

Battlefield gulf war conflict

3 Armies..UK, US, Insurgents and maybe Iran
Maps like baghdad, basra, helmand province the open planes of the desert and moutains of afganistan.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Battlefield 3

I think they're going to go back to Present Day Combat.

maybe near future.
and hopefully be a very good game without any glitches
A_chink_in_the_armor
+2|6292
BF Korean War ('50-'53)

USSR, PR China and North Korea vs USA, UK etc.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6719
Either space battles and battles on other planets with either humans vs. humans or humans vs. aliens OR (which I would like more probably) 2020-2040 all out world war, with a Children of Men/V for Vendetta/GRAW feel to the settings and action type. (Note: after Bad Company takes place [maybe their actions in Bad Company cause WWIII].

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-27 11:45:10)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6551|dunno
Quake wars enemy territory will kill bf2 and 2142 and all the other games ea and dice make.
agent146
+127|6412|Jesus Land aka Canada
i believe probably similiar to presend day also, i would say bf2 ish, you know with XM-8 rifles and new fangled guns and equipment. But ak and m16 variants could be seen. Or may be a ww2 theme?
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6570|Sverige (SWE)

blademaster wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Battlefield 3

I think they're going to go back to Present Day Combat.

maybe near future.
and hopefully be a very good game without any glitches
lol............ " Without any glitches " ................... lol
stratozyck
+35|6658
They def could redo WWII.  BF1942 was a very weak game without the desert combat mod.  It was way too sluggish gameplay in my opinon.  BF2 and desert combat were popular because they were fast paced.  I stopped playing 1942 right after I fired the first tank round and saw it hit the ground after going ten feet.  You had to practically aim straight up to hit anything at a distance. 

Still, I don't think they will do it.  Id much rather have a BF3 that is modern combat.  I'd really like to see them return stealth to the game.  I hate how in BF2 your always spotted and UAVed.  I hate how everytime I step out of my tank to repair it everyone on the other team immediately knows where I am.  Thats just silly.

Basically I'd like to make BF more counterstrike - like.  Maybe each player could even get money for each kill and use that to buy weapons or vehicles.  That would eliminate TKing for planes and make the round escalate as the players buy more things.   

I also don't like futuristic games and I think they would lose a lot of their loyal base if they abandoned the historical or present day concepts.  But, I also think its destined.  All things must come to an end, right?  Someone somewhere is making the next great game for us modern combat fans, and I don't care if it comes from EA or someone else.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6573

jord wrote:

It's a fictional setting.

Maybe the Americans attacked the Uk,it could go either way.

I don't know,think of that scenario off that film about Russian submarines.I can't think of the name right now but it's got that old guy in it.Anyway maybe an American sub gets hijacked by a wild Captain and launches a missiles at Britain.Then this gets interpreted as an attack.

There goes the last of my imagination for today.
Hunt for Red October. 

jord wrote:

A fictional setting in fictional places about a fictional war not too far in the future.

Like SAS v Navy SEALS in an American city setting.

Or 2 country's v 2 countrys and you get to chose between both countries kits.Like Russia and China against America and the Uk.If you're on the US/UK team you can choose between their classes,same for other team.

Maybe an African militia against an African army.
I also like the idea of more than 1 country v. 1 country. 
1 v. 2 or 2 v. 2 would be nice.

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2007-03-27 11:54:24)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6551|dunno

The_Killer wrote:

Quake wars enemy territory will kill bf2 and 2142 and all the other games ea and dice make.
stef10
+173|6508|Denmark
Bf3: The war in the hoods.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-27 11:53:39)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6354

jord wrote:

It's a fictional setting.

Maybe the Americans attacked the Uk,it could go either way.

I don't know,think of that scenario off that film about Russian submarines.I can't think of the name right now but it's got that old guy in it.Anyway maybe an American sub gets hijacked by a wild Captain and launches a missiles at Britain.Then this gets interpreted as an attack.

There goes the last of my imagination for today.
*Shoots SAS in game* "OMG WHAat have I done!!!"
*Shoots another SAS in game* "WTF NoooOO! Friendly Fire!!"
*Suicides self* "thiz game sux"

I think the cold war one sounds good. Or the Russian vs the Afgans in the 80's where we (USA) aided the Afgans to drive out the Russians. That would be a fun game. Teaming up with the arabs. We'd have hind gun ships and Apache choppers.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Master*
Banned
+416|6521|United States
I dont think there are going to be anymore Battlefield games. Between Bad Company And 2142 I think they are done.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-03-27 11:59:54)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6661|South Jersey
You know, it doesn't have to be major wars and stuff like that.  Perhaps they could base one of their games off of operations, not full-scale wars. 

Examples:

Operation Urgent Fury
Operation Just Cause
Operation Restore Hope
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6468|Stealth City, UK

Masterstyle wrote:

I dont think there are going to be anymore Battlefield games. Between Bad Company And 2142 I think they are done.
The Battlefield franchise is HUUUUGE! There's no way EA would give up one of its main games.

Im going for the present day/near future type, UK/US/EU against MEC/CHINA/RUSSIA.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6681|Cambridge, England

Samtheman53 wrote:

Medieval Battlefield

Snipers - Archers
Assault - Knights
etc.
I can see it now...
"no fair he's bunny hopping with the longsword,its so unrealistic."
"Stop Cavelry Whoring"
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6519|N. Ireland
Didn't EA say they'd stop after BC comes out?
markH262
+0|6676
I think they should do it from present to very near future for BF3. Get Strikkers for proper vehicles, hovercrafts for water assults, F-22's, F/A-18E/F's, Su 35's and Mig 1.44's. Have 6 weapons available and the ability to carry stingers for anyone to keep those damn choppers away!

How about one map called the "Tijuanna Tango"? US forces have to defend along the southern US border to battle back the MECs who have teamed up with the Cubans and Columbia's!

How about the US red states vs. the blue states!!!
TuataraDude
+115|6548|Aotearoa
American war of independence. Colonials V Imperialists. Black powder guns, cannons, massive bayonette charges, cavalry emerging from the smoke. Use of native americans as scout class. French thrown in for good measure.

It would be frikkin' awesome.
[YoC]Pvt.Jobberton
+2|6291

stef10 wrote:

Bf3: The war in the hoods.
haha Battlefield 3: Gang Wars

Factions
-Oakland Crips
-Compton Bloods
-East LA Nortenos

Classes
-Assault (AR-15, molotov cocktail, prison shank)
-Medic (Mac 10, hits of PCP packs for health and stamina boost, AIDs infected syringe)

Maps
-The battle of Martin Luther King Blvd.
-Crenshaw massacre
-The east oakland cleansing

Last edited by [YoC]Pvt.Jobberton (2007-03-27 18:16:42)

sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6353|USA Biznatch!
BF:SICTOATMTITMRNOTMOTM
Battlefield:Something I can't think of at the moment that is the moment right now of that moment of that moment.

Haha.

Now seriously,
BF:AVI
Battlefield:Americans Vs. Iraqis.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

Either modern day stuff or

Battlefield: Combat Zones (better title than that of course)
A strong singleplayer campaign that spans from something like WWI to present-day conflict
A multiplayer experience that lets you play in various wars and battles

I know that they've done WWII, Nam, and modern-day. But we improved on the cars of the 60's that ran fine.
kovac030
+0|6532
New maps.weapons,jets,helis,maps maybe using russia and korea or somtehing. EA can do alot more

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard