Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Btw he is actually kidding. He just read the press page.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

[if it actually was serious] Sure, demand reparations from the British Empire. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist anymore. It's like charging a dead man for laundry.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-27 07:02:03)

herrr_smity
+156|6599|space command ur anus
i want my money

Last edited by herrr_smity (2007-04-20 07:27:49)

motherdear
+25|6622|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
holy crap, they blame britain of the industrial evolution as if it was something bad. they also say in their commercial that the people should stop blaming the US for the pain in the world and put the blame on britain, i agree that we should stop blaiming the US, but blaiming britain instead wtf. these guys are screwed, and i even doubt that britain got 31 trillion £

Last edited by motherdear (2007-03-27 07:35:27)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6800

acsman50 wrote:

I'm gonna send a claim for reparation to the Danish government, (bloody vikings), and to the French, (bloody normans), and to the Germans, (bloody saxons), and to....Laa Laa, (bloody Teletubbies).
Don't forget the Romans!
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6498|Northern Ireland

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

acsman50 wrote:

I'm gonna send a claim for reparation to the Danish government, (bloody vikings), and to the French, (bloody normans), and to the Germans, (bloody saxons), and to....Laa Laa, (bloody Teletubbies).
Don't forget the Romans!
Good point PureFodder. Don't know how I forgot the Italians. Guess we have to add the Polish now too.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA
The only people who deserve reparations are the Native Americans. . . .

They truely got skrewed by our government. . . .
ZamoII
+11|6190

EVieira wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Bwuh?  That's as ridiculous as saying that the US is responsible for the Cold War.
Who cares, I signed up! Unfortunately the British Empire didn't do too many bad things here, so I'm probably eligible for only a couple of hundred pounds. Serge on he other hand could get allot, considering the Falklands! Imagine the Indians and Chinese!!!!
hmmm, sorry for argentina invading the falklands and the british being made to look like the evil ones.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6569|Cheshire. UK
Blame the Romans or the Vikings...they made us do it.....
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6626|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Did anyone else catch the suggestion of selling Buckingham Palace, that'd be funny. So what's the deal, is this legit or not? Something tells me it's not but I have been fooled before.
comet241
+164|6736|Normal, IL
seriously... where do I sign up at? Those dirty brits burned our capital and forced us to live in a system of taxation without representation! I deserve money for what my ancestors had to suffer through hundreds of years ago!!!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

http://www.britishreparations.org/facts.php
If anything, that website was not only written by an American - but is full of the biggest pile of shit "facts" I have ever read. And no, that is not only because I am English.

Theres only two facts that I can derive from the entire website:
1) He needs to research his so called "facts" a lot more
2) All he wants is money

The Industrial Revolution. Beginning in the 18th century, Britain began making our lives worse through the introduction of machines in the workplace. The health, safety, and wages of workers took a back seat to owners' greed for ever-higher output and profits. The skies above the city—first London, then the world—were filled with black smoke. Waters were poisoned with noxious chemicals. Under the careless watch Britain's elite, the Industrial Revolution got off to a horrible start, the consequences of which have continued to ring down through the centuries. The melting of the polar icecaps, the loss of countless plants and animal species, and the imperiled condition of the human race on a planet made poisonous by misapplied technology are all a consequence of British negligence and hunger to accumulate wealth at any cost.
Oooohhh, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Did anyone at the time know that those black smoke clouds were affecting the environment? Did they realise that water was being poisoned?
No.
Why?
Because they weren't a scientific front in those times as it was later discovered. There were many reports and experiments into the conditions in London and other industrial cities all over England which found the problems that are highlighted.
It is a process of trial and error and stepping into the unknown.
If in 100years time half of the entire population of a country has been made redundant due to RSI and other computer related illnesses - will it really be the fault of the companies who sold the computers? Or the companies who emploted the people? Or that scientific research hadnt been carried out?

Maybe, in fact, your entire advertising campaign, hell even the pile of shit website that that is hosted on would have even been possible at this exact point in time had we not kick started the industrial revolution.

Global Misrule. The terrorist threat has its roots in British mismanagement of the Middle East, particularly Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia. Britain's imperialist past has so enraged Muslim extremists. Now America is deploying our sons, daughters, and tax dollars to clean up the mess that Britain made.
The mess that we made? Oh, im sorry. We somehow turned countries into terrorists, we somehow created all the mess that the world is currently in - that wouldn't have arisen had WE (yes, including your country) not invaded Iraq/Afghanistan.
And last time I checked, Americans weren't exactly very popular over there.

"Bad Inventions. The Black Plague,
The "Black Plague"? Ok, right. We "invented it"? I didnt realise that we had the biological or technical know-how to do that in the 1300's.
So that is the the fault of the English is it? Correct me if both me and my history teachers were wrong...but it started in Asia in the 1300's.
Yes, it re-appeared in England in the 1600's (which was supposedly brought over from Holland), however, it also appeared in Italy (1600's) carried by German/French troops, Austria (1600's) and even in Russia in the 1700's - as well as other places throughout the world.

Like a herd of raging soccer hooligans looting their rival's capital after a victory
So, what have the Italians done lately eh? Killing a police officer?
Not to mention the unrest in the German leagues.

Just because England had a few "media appearances" for it in the World Cup/Euro Cup in the past few years, we are somehow to blame for causing it - and are the only ones doing it?
FFS, even American sports endure hooliganism. But being that they are not as big and widely viewed across the world as Football is, nobody hears about them.

And speaking of bad inventions, what about the Atomic Bomb? Although you didnt technically "Invent it", America is the only country to have ever fired/dropped one (well, two) on another country. The Atomic Bomb is regarded by many as one of the worst inventions ever created for the fear and problems that it has created in the modern world.
In fact, I didnt realise that American had payed reparations for the colossal death and destruction that these things caused?

Heres a link to give you some food for thought:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference … ROSHIMA%20(JAPAN)&field=geo&match=exact
Why Suing Japan Is Not a Good Idea
Dani Schwartz letter points out that if US allows lawsuits by Americans used as slave labor in Japan to go forward, survivors of Nagasaki and Hiroshima may well bring much more costly suits .

Although a very weak link, the invention of atomic/nuclear bombs also led to power plants. So could its origin of it being developed mean that America is responsible for the Chernobyl disaster?

What will you do with the petition after I sign it?
After obtaining a sufficient number of signatures to show the depth of international support for our proposed settlement, we plan to present a full copy of the petition, in person, to Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.
Yes, because you are really going to walk up to the Queen, IN PERSON, and hand her a list of pathetic, money hungry people who have nothing better to do with their time, signatures.

Oh, and I take it that you know that the Monarchy of the UK have little control over what comes in/goes out of this country and exist mainly to raise money for charity and attract tourists now?
But of course you do - you are Steven A. Grasse - a cultural studies analyst and media communications expert, who has extensively studied the British Empire.

Where do you expect Britain to come up with this much money?
They could start by selling the priceless antiquarian collections of the British Museum, much of which were looted illegally from former British colonies. After that, we would propose selling Buckingham Palace, leasing Westminster Abbey, and auctioning off the numerous treasures, objects d' art, statuary found therein. This will likely provide less than a tenth of the money necessary for full settlement, but with an annual GDP of $1.8 trillion, we are confident Britain will be able to come up with the money, particularly if they are permitted to space payments out over a period of 50 to 75 years.
So, an American completely devoted to:
1) De-railing a country for the purpose of "coughing up some money for the past"
2) Removing one of the most powerful and influential countries in the world for the sake of a bit of money
3) Earning money for themselves, when the British have affected him/her/it in what kind of direct manner?

Do you really expect Britain to pay up?
With enough pressure from the international community—both at the grassroots and highest diplomatic levels, we fully expect Britain to comply with the terms of our proposed settlement. Anyone who considers the full scope of Britain's offenses will quickly realize that while the 31 trillion figure may seem like a lot, when weighed against the historical record, it's a terrific bargain.
No, thats just the "American Dream" speaking there.
In fact, this seems like what is almost the American way of life now, to "sue and get as much money as possible for anything you can"

England, Birthplace of Global Warming, Waves Middle Finger At The World By Having the Worst Air Pollution Levels In Europe...They’re so darn bad that they’re even worse than Athens, a city known for its blatant disregard for environmental air standards.
Funny, I didnt realise that America's pollution levels were worse than ours. The pot calling the kettle black?

England Responds To America’s Demand For Reparations By Sending Us Beckham
Im sorry, we SENT him to you?
He was playing for Real Madrid, and has been for 4 years. He's agreed to move to join LA Galaxy, an American football/soccer team. Did the English ask him to? No.

And while we are on the subject, if you are so pissed off about an English player moving to play soccer in the USA, what about all of your billionaires buying our football clubs eh?

English Gambling Outlaw Arrested For Corrupting Americans
We applaud this brazen delivery of US justice outside US borders. We say lock him in a cell and throw away the key. Online gambling is an attack on the moralistic American way of life!
Las Vegas, the biggest centre of gambing in the world ring any bells?
And funnily enough, its only been banned in America for a year or so (when was it??). And suddenly, its come to light its still going on a little while on - and suddenly its us that are corrupting you?
Talking of corruption, most of your country believe that your own Government, FBI and other services are full of conspiracy, even regarding some of Americas most amazing accomplishments, such as the landing on The Moon.

Are British Actors Better Than American Actors?
British actors win a ton of Oscars for a country of their size.

But, to us, there is no debate. Of course the British are better actors than the Americans.

This is because lying and being untruthful is ingrained in their nature. They are really good at faking it.
We win a lot of Oscars for a "country of our size"

Let me refer you to something on your "facts page":
Are you racists?
No. We don't believe this is due to any inherent defect in the character of the British people.
Oh wow, our country is smaller than the all great "U.S of A". And we can produce some better actors? So what? Whats the problem with that? Jealous? Upset?
Are you really trying to claim money for the fact that some of our population are better at acting than some of yours - even though you watch them on TV all the time for your enjoyment.

The International Coalition for British Reparations Responds To Anti-American Gallup Poll Results
“The results of this poll reflect just how effective Britain's manipulative campaign to deflect blame on to American for centuries of Imperialism and Global Misrule has been. It is the goal of the ICBR to correct this abusive exploitation of historical fact and to set the record straight....AND TO GET PAID. America is merely an innocent pawn. The Brits are all secretly FREEMASONS hellbent on a global orgy of conquest and power,” says an ICBR representative.
Yes, it is our fault that you are unpopular to some countries. Guess what. Every country is unpopular somewhere in the world.
We are all secretly "Freemasons hellbent on a global orgy of power"? All you want to do is get paid. Says a lot about you eh?

This is even posted on your website:
"I don't believe in giving money to followers of a Xenophonbic organisation who are committed to spreading their race hate message"
If you could give karma, that would get 50 a day.

Turquoise wrote:

Good God..  this is just as silly as slave reparations...
Almost. Its worse.

acsman50 wrote:

Good idea. Although, we dont want to stoop down to the low level of this shitty website do we?

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Wait I'm Asian... That would mean... MILLIONS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, if we all went by this website - we get millions back for you lot starting the Black Death in the 1300's.

And thats enough. I cant believe Ive spent so long (30mins) on this
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6521|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Just spoke to Tony and he has agreed with two options,

1) Any 500 year people who suffered at the hands of this evil empire can claim at their local post office.

2) We will pay the 31 trillion in exchange for 31 trillion in royalties from America for using our language & bill of rights and all they must stop playing football.  All commonwealth countries must also give us cricket in a bid to reverse the "evil" we brought these countries.  Nob

P.S He does know his website is being hosted on a British invention, The World Wide Web.

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-20 11:26:37)

elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6309|EsSeX
Its a joke just watch the video of the man himself on Richard and Judy

well it made me laugh
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

Guy is obviously a fuckin comedian!

Martyn
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6198
Fail Britannia, you never ruled the waves.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6521|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Sanjaya wrote:

Fail Britannia, you never ruled the waves.
http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/05/31/r … rkert.html

P.S An American website to prove they're not all bad

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-20 14:24:38)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

elstonieo wrote:

Its a joke just watch the video of the man himself on Richard and Judy

well it made me laugh
lmao. What a twat.
logitech487
+16|6374|From The State Of Taxes
Looks Like Our Cousin's A Cross The Pond Will Have To Sell Their Island To The Japanese And Move Over Here To Pay It Off
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6427|The edge of sanity

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Wait I'm Asian... That would mean... MILLIONS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol americans get big bucks too. i mean we were a colonial asset and they never really gave us anything for commiting to the French/Indian War (7 years war for all you blokes out there). Plus the money that they never paid us for 2 wars. But we still owe them money too =P. Its all a vicious cycle of debt that will probably never be paid off.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
No, Americans wouldn't get anything because they were a British colony who then liberated themselves.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6687|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
We're a nation of over 300 million and we have a massive internet user population.  With those kinds of numbers, you're bound to find a wacko with internet access somewhere.
Commie Killer
+192|6358
I hate stupid people.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

mcgid1 wrote:

We're a nation of over 300 million and we have a massive internet user population.  With those kinds of numbers, you're bound to find a wacko with internet access somewhere.
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard