Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst

Bernadictus wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

And the people in the F2 and F5 seats of the Goliath will just be there, staring at you, letting you take down their Goliath.

Right.
The F2 and F5 guns are useually occupied by morons.
I disagree.  When I get in the Plasma cannon turrets, I kill anything that has a heartbeat--including the bastards laughing gleefully in the Rorsch turrets thinking 'Yay I'm invincible!'  And yet despite the fact that I've obliterated three of four of their buddies, the idiots keep trying to climb over the corpses piling up in the Rorsch turret...they never learn.  *grins*
JovesApples
+4|6453|USA
if whoever is driving it does not know what they are doing, a Walker can take it down. you can usually tell, if the Goliath heads toward a Walker they know what they are doing... cause a Goliath can take down a Walker easy. if they star to turn they are doomed... you cant run in a Goliath! lol

next best thing is the emplacements... they can take it down fast if the gunners are not paying attention.

motion mines and bait... set all your motion mines down, and try and throw the bait underneath the Goliath (or on top, where i suppose it falls to the bottom), BOOM! then watch all the "WTF!" chat.

if you spawn just right... run behind the walker and prone, crawl underneath it and drop a motion mine. not sure if this also works with RDX... but its been said there is a weak spot underneath the Goliath.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6733|Singapore
Can anyone have a screenshot of the vehicle? I dont own NS
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany
here is a vid of the goliath. didnt find a pic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zskMftj08mw

Last edited by dirtsA (2007-03-25 19:33:06)

Slickfish
+24|6623
You either need a good squad who work together, or a Rorch!!.

If you can get enough shots from the rorch of it doesn't have time to repair, if it has had afew of its repair thingy knocked of its easy enough to kill.
Buzerk1
+44|6836

Slickfish wrote:

You either need a good squad who work together, or a Rorch!!.

If you can get enough shots from the rorch of it doesn't have time to repair, if it has had afew of its repair thingy knocked of its easy enough to kill.
As it was often mentioned before, it can be a one man show with motion mines and bait... and much faster then using the rorch....

But the best team effort I have seen so fare is a group of Engi doing a "pilum session".... Boom, Boom, Boom and Boom... The goliath couldn't repair fast enough.

Rosh works, but it just takes too much time....
chiwai
+2|6277|New York City
I finally kill one of those monster.  I am on the Static Ground Defense.  With a lot of team help, 2 Walker 3 engineer w/ their palsm, a few speedly Hachimoto, a few mines, and air strike.  I do agree most, first take down those re-generate panel.  But the problem is, it is not get near those monster Goliath.  RDX is not easy.  Walker missile do not aim that well. Engineer palsm take too long to re-load before Goliath repair itself.
I saw someone use air-transport and direct hit that monster, which do a lot of damage but no enough to kill the monster in one shot.

After reading all suggestion, look like someone are still working on the best way to kill that monster.

On the other hand, I think everyone are still learning how to use that slow moving monster, for offense or defend.  I saw a long of time the driver do not know how to move that monster, stuck on narrow road or not in position for all the gun in good view to kill.

Last edited by chiwai (2007-03-26 09:31:26)

Crestfallen
+27|6449|England, Leicester
Taken one down on my own before, but it took a while.  Much better if you have some squad members helping you.  Using stationary gun platforms is often the best way to knock them out.  After you've hit 3 panels, its done for as long as its in clear sight of the gun.  I just kept shooting it and it couldn't repair quick enough.  Otherwise I usually go spec ops and plant a c4 on most of the side panels.  With only one left, it's not got much chance.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6709
Place the loller mines to the side or back so that they are most effective destroying more of the repair pannels and doing more damage. 

If your driving the Goliath protect the pannels by hitting the loller mines one at a time head on.
Anti_-_Logic81
+2|6522|Houston, TX
who says you need team work to kill a goliath???

You get in a rorsch and you shoot its bloody repair nodes...end of story.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard