Master*
Banned
+416|6495|United States
What cant you get a hang of in Battlefield 2142?

For me it would be the support LMG's whenever I hold one of those things I get ripped apart I also cant get a hang of the hachimoto,Clark RDX shotgun or the SAAW.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Using RDX in a regular fight, roadkills, Camp Gibraltar.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6258|Basel, Switzerland
Gibraltar whore. RDX APM AND LAMBERT! I like all camp server without friendly fire.
Crestfallen
+27|6449|England, Leicester
I can get the roadkills, just wish they would come along more often.  Once you've done it once or twice, people start gunning for you, and its pretty hard to get them.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
roadkills, knifing, and the ganz
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6709

Crestfallen wrote:

I can get the roadkills, just wish they would come along more often.  Once you've done it once or twice, people start gunning for you, and its pretty hard to get them.
Yeah, I am going for my crew service ribbon this week.  I see how many tries it takes and how many wheels of hazard I get in the process.  After that the Operation Snowflake Ribbon should not be a problem.
Crestfallen

cheshiremoe wrote:

Crestfallen wrote:

Yeah, I am going for my crew service ribbon this week.  I see how many tries it takes and how many wheels of hazard I get in the process.  After that the Operation Snowflake Ribbon should not be a problem.
I got 9 in a round once, that bugged the hell out of me lol.  People were hunting me after, and I've not been able to get any more than that since.  It is a lot easier to get the Operation Snowflake Ribbon, but not all roadkills count towards it.  I got about 7 before i got the ribbon, and I got around 16 in the round and still didnt get my Crew service ribbon.  Roadkills with the speeder are a little bugged.
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany
i rarely get a roadkill. i think i will never get the snowflake ribbon :-(
Crestfallen

dirtsA wrote:

lol, I shouldnt worry about it, they are easier to get in the speeder.  They are fast enough to get away from even roller mines if you can pilot it well enough.
The best way to get awards is to not try to get them.  I find that if i drive myself to do it, especially difficult ones like the gold pistol badge, you make too many
mistakes instead of thinking it out carefully.

Panic pistolling, thats something I'm a bit weak at actually.  That can get added to the list .
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

I'm good with everything
seriously.

ps. for 10 roadkills IAR play Tunis with 64 players and just drive around in a FAV.
Buzerk1
+44|6836
Knife and Assault... but I'm getting better with the Assault kit (need the time for that last kit gold badge)
Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst
Just do what I did for roadkills: go into a knife-pistol server and ram those stat padders.  Hilarity ensues.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6534|Valhalla
All LMG's and the Clark RDX
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I cant really think of anything i havent gotten the hang of in 2142 (not to be too Fancy_pollux'ish, but i really cant think of a situation where i truely suck or dont know what to do

oh i know, exploiting... im not good at it because i have climbed the ranks without ever exploiting or statspadding
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I don't think I have any weaknesses. I guess sniping is my weakest thing but I hardly ever snipe because I find it boring, not because I am not good at it, the one round I did snipe I got 2 infiltrator pins so I don't think I am bad at it.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
Support really don´t suit me can´t even get the hang of nadespamming, and one of my biggest weakness overall would be i tends to go nuts/berserk in the wrong situations i just charge mindless at a full squad and so on.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6738|The Hague, Netherlands

that Sniper Machine Gun, whatever it's called, can't hit a rhino with that.

and sometimes RDX, sometimes I have my days with them but sometimes I blow myself up all the time in some stupid way that you just think "yeah.........."
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA
Flying. I use the slow ass transport because I can't do shit in air vehicles that move above granny speed. I guess I'm ok at all other things.

The key to the assault guns is to crouch while shooting as it takes too long for the reticule to resize itself when you go prone. RDX...you just place and blow, but in combat when I have it equipped I toss one around a corner and double back (you'd be surprised how often this works) and blow it when a squad comes by.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6591|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Driving. >_<
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6388|New York
roadkills and flying. with 380 hours between bf2 and 2142, i still cant fly for shit.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Knifing, roadkills (aaargh, if I could only get roadkills I'd have a ribbon and medal to my name instantly), assault kit, the new motion mine bait grenade (how the fuck do you use it effectively???), accipiter - the thing can't hit shit as far as I can see.
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany

Crestfallen wrote:

dirtsA wrote:

lol, I shouldnt worry about it, they are easier to get in the speeder.  They are fast enough to get away from even roller mines if you can pilot it well enough.
The best way to get awards is to not try to get them.  I find that if i drive myself to do it, especially difficult ones like the gold pistol badge, you make too many
mistakes instead of thinking it out carefully.

Panic pistolling, thats something I'm a bit weak at actually.  That can get added to the list .
if i dont try to get it i will never get it because i hate the new speeder and never use it :-P
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Nothing really, I mean some things I am not as good as others at, but they aren't really weaknesses, oh hang on SL and commander...yeah those.
Crestfallen

CameronPoe wrote:

Knifing, roadkills (aaargh, if I could only get roadkills I'd have a ribbon and medal to my name instantly), assault kit, the new motion mine bait grenade (how the fuck do you use it effectively???), accipiter - the thing can't hit shit as far as I can see.
Best way I've found to use the motion mine bait it is to try and throw it in the direction the mines have been deployed.  So if they are in a line, throwing the bait straight over-head from one side to the other works well, or if its deployed with lots of space between them, throw it far and usually it will drag all of them with it.  Just try and throw the grenade in a way that it will attract the most of the enemy's mines.  Also a growing tactic I have seen is the second passenger in a vehicle as engineer will bail, throw the bait, and then get back in to clear the way.

Last edited by Crestfallen (2007-03-27 07:18:26)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
None really. I have "mastered" 2142's sniping regime, support and most definitely engineer now (3.0KDR SMGs!). I haven't played assault in a while but when I die I score high points.

I'll be going on it in 14 hours of playtime. I might have hit Brigadier General already by that time, but I want the Sharpshooter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard