ScoutStrike
+37|6255
That's why I play on servers where it's not allowed, and you play on ones where it's ok. I don't see why there should be an argument, just play by the server rules or go to a different one.

EDIT - When I do get raped, I just relax, don't spawn and get a cup of coffee. The round is gonna be over in a minute anyway.

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2007-03-25 06:08:07)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I've said this before and I will say it again, if you have rules that prohibited full game play, i.e., no attack uncaps, no bunny hopping, no spawn raping, etc., then ur server needs to be shut down and you need to be taken away from the internets....
Defender17
+0|6244
I hate it when I'm getting base raped...  But even if I am the base raper, I hate it when ONE person gets out and caps a base...

But I'm mostly neutral when it comes to base raping...  If you base rape, congratulations you get free points. ^_^  If you are getting raped, there's something called Alt+F4.
ZCor3x
+46|6571|Pennsylvania
Hell, I join the losing team just to be base raped. I like the challenges. I like helping the losing team. If I can't help them then I try harder. If I'm on the winning team it's not fun. Baseraping is fine with me, you dish it out to me though, get ready to get it back.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6649|I smell corners

jord wrote:

I think it's fine.

It's a fun thing to do.

Last edited by Polux (2007-03-25 10:00:07)

JaggedPanther
+61|6475
It's the reason I think they should take out uncaps from the game. All bases should be capable.   All it is shooting fish in a barrel no fun for either side I find.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
If the team that is getting raped did not make an attempt at capping flags at the start of the round then they deserve getting their asses handed to them.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6335

leetkyle wrote:

It's war. You think Germany just went to Poland and said "loaz we baserapin u!! u gonna kick us?"
Lol i heard it something like this... Do you think during the blitz, Churchill called up Hitler and said" Stop baseraping London its not fair" XD
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
u gotta take ur own shit, lol u punch a kid in the face get prepared to get punched back...i love the kids whore whine about it are the ones that do it the next round
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord
If the server allows it, go for it
If it doesn't then don't; and don't whine about it if you're kicked for doing it anyway

Although let's be honest here, the rules about attacking uncaps can be pretty hard to be sure about... what exactly is defined as baserape? I'm sure we've all seen a variant of the rule "No attacking uncaps except for spec ops destroying commander's toys". Okay, let's say you, the visiting player, agree to abide by this and you choose spec ops, make your way into the enemy uncap and destroy said commander toys. On the way out the commander tries to kill you but you get him instead. How many of you have been kicked for baserape for doing exactly that? What are we supposed to do, let him kill us?

Extreme example of stupid enforcing of a no-baserape rule in this thread:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=28108
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
I used to feel cheap raping the uncaps, but now fuck it.. why should I wait for 3/4 of a round while the other team gets a flag. If a team cant even manage to cap on flag then I say they need to be raped then maybe next round we can have..you know a..fight !! Rape away I say.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
Lol, i do it
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6493|Land of Cotton
I recently started playing Dragon Valley.  This seems to be all too common for the US side. I came in at the end of a round a repeatedly got my butt handed to me. Later, I was giving and doing the same thing to the carrier.  So I guess if I'm giving, it's cool. If I'm receiving, it sucks. That map should have one or two sp for the US to the number of PLA sp's imo. That map has the largest amount of vehicles and it can get ugly real quick for the US. I like the map.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
I don't do it because i hate being on the receiving end, however, i don't think it's a "n00b" tactic or anything, i just don't do it
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

It's a combination of elements for me. With certain maps, raping uncaps is inevitable (Jalalabad on IO, for example). Other times, my mood factors into it. You base-rape me, I base-rape you. Simple.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

some_random_panda wrote:

I don't do it, simply because it sucks to be on the receiving end.
I don't play games to be the biggest internat badass. I play them to kick back, have a good time and enjoy a game.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6284|Pennsyltucky

VicktorVauhn wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

I don't do it, simply because it sucks to be on the receiving end.
I don't play games to be the biggest internat badass. I play them to kick back, have a good time and enjoy a game.
EXACTLY !!!!!

When I'm on the rec'vng end, I keep spawning and try to Cap a flag somewhere.  It doesn't usually work but that's how I've gotten my share of Flag Defends ! (Keep Spawning)   

For me this game is fun.  Bottom Line.
.BB.(Light|Bred).
+0|6244
I base rape quite alot.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6830|Texas
Anything living in that base is a threat to you and your team -- people, AA, Armor, Choppers, Jets, you name it.  By all means, blow the living hell out of it if you've got them pinned down to an uncap.  Even the light/no armor vehicles can transport a large part of a squad that can cap a flag in about 20 seconds if all exit the vehicle.  Anything that's a threat needs to be destroyed. 

Personally I don't know the purpose of wholesale base ownage if it isn't their last spawn point.  But it definitely serves a purpose to hold an enemy to their uncap base, and the only way to do that is by kicking the crap out of them continually.  In maps like Jalalabad, it's incredible to be able to lay siege to the uncap with armor, MGs, ATs, assault and snipers and prevent them from escaping their base.  Sure, some guys go hog wild and run in there with guns blazing, but we can't hold the line and prevent their escape if everyone just goes nuts.  We have to spread out, repair/heal each other and call out enemies.  It's pretty obvious when it fails, they break right through, but when you're clicking as a team they can't get out.  It's great.  There's always a counter offensive, but the odds of two highly organized teams that aren't playing a clan match?  Lowwww.

Secondly, there's an argument to be made for sustained offensive operations against any uncap that is a source of armor or air assets.  Those things pose a great threat and since we can't bomb the factories making them we'll have to blow them up where they sit on the runway.  Similarly, if a two-man chopper crew can keep 5-10 people occupied at an uncap, then those are 5-10 people not helping their own team's fight elsewhere on the map.  While that chopper is whoring points like a fat kid in a chocolate factory, they're actually helping their team by keeping those guys away from the battle lines.  Same thing for sniper teams harassing an enemy uncap.  If they remove soldiers from the battle lines, then they help their team.

How many games have you played that were won with only a handful of points, say 15 or less?  Every kill helps the ticket count.  Base ownage is one sure fire way to be on the winning side of one of those close games.

Last edited by ph4s3 (2007-03-25 20:08:58)

ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
The answer is very simple: leave the server if you dont like getting base raped. No one is forcing you to stay in there and die 50 times! Obviously no-one enjoys it when they are on the recieving end so find a different server that doesnt allow it.
KevMunro
Bring a Towel
+8|6432|Brisbane
I don't base rape in vehicles as a rule;

However, I never mind taking a vehicle to an uncap (killing on the way) then blowing up the vehicle and going on a kit weapons assault.

Who doesn't take the PLA transport chopper and land on the end of the carrier on Wake? I can fuck around on the carrier for a whole round - especially if I'm squad leader. I will grab a good spread of kits to come with me and drop off health, ammo and other supplies before launching at them - Even if I act like a mobile spawn point (always good to have a medic assistant with me though).

If I'm not raping in a vehicle, I'm happy to be scoring, fucking the enemy, and not breaking any rules. The enemy has the opportunity to kill me with kit weapons OR vehicles, and if they can't do it, THEY LOSE.

Sometimes when the US or China or any other similar map is cruising along without one side ever taking any flags except their uncap - it gets BORING - yet the sides keep raping away. Just last week I was PLA and actually TK'ed 2 friendlies whilst in a chopper (it looked pretty cool the way it went down actually) to assist the US to take a base on Wake because we were halfway through and the enemy hadn't penetrated - I'd been sitting there for 20 minutes bored out of my head. It's a game, noone has fun if there's no competition.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
i think its cool when its IO on karkand and the MEC threaten to over run the right Uncap and the a US get on that mg and start firing back. its intense. but its not longer fun when  admin demands it to stop
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
everytime someone complains because of spawn camping on karkand (MEC camping USMC), i laugh to myself, because USMC has 3 different spawn locations, with about 6 points each

but the noobs can't figure it out
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
it think its fine, i always have fun sitting at the knoll at the end of the chinese runway with an m95, on daqing oilfields
ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
Wait a sec...are we all saying raping is good in this thread? LOLZ Rape FTW??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard