RyansRangers
+2|6532
I don't even ever really read what type of weapon gets me. I just remember the name of the guy that does and laugh when i get him later in the round.
Shumarte
+1|6301|Skövde, Sweden
I use unlocks, I don't see a problem to it, although I like to use the standard ones too.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

At the end of the day, its just another excuse for some stuck up twat to shout "you noob, you killed me".
The lag, fps, pop-up excuses appear in all games - in BF2, you get that along with unlock bullshit.

Hell, I got called a baseraper yesterday on IO for taking out the same Colonel 3 times with an M95 from outside of his uncap.

Oh, and people whining because they cant take out a tank with the medic class, or a jet with an APC. Its just complaint after complaint because they cant stand to take a single death.

I will use any weapon I desire. It was put into the game, so I will damn well use what I want. Dont like it? Then go whine your ass off in another server.

Put simply: the maturity of online gaming is worse than that of a bunch of chavs hanging out on inner-city council estates.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden
At the end of the day the winner in the game is simply the one who is best at "point 'n shoot" , no matter what gun he uses.. ...
Let this futile and boring discussion end with this post!!

Last edited by klassekock (2007-03-24 03:20:52)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia

klassekock wrote:

At the end of the day the winner in the game is simply the one who is best at "point 'n shoot" , no matter what gun he uses.. ...
Let this futile and boring discussion end with this post!!
Or Not. Honestly, i'm waiting for the poeple that post IN EVERY 'which unlock should I get next thread' saying that unlocks are for noobs to post here so I can understand where they're coming from.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
It isn't the fact they argue that stock is 'better', it is just showing they have much better skill by killing a PKM user with an MG36 user.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6502|Valley of the Dragons
Actually its option D. competitive players started it all because Unlocks were not allowed in matches.

A minority within the competitive community feels the need to piss on everybody who does not play compo's/ladders/leagues. They always use the argument that they are the best of the best because they use the default armory and in pubs people dont.

Well the funny thing is that overall the Unlocks tend to be the poorer choice to make kills fast.

SpecOps Weapons: All have the same Kill Speed (damage vs. time to make a kill)

Engineers Weapons: Default are better than Unlocks

Anti-Tank Weapons: The DAO-12 kills twice as fast as the Defaults, P90 is the same as defaults

Medic Weapons: The M16A2 and the G36E have the same Kill Speed, the AK-101 and the L85A1 have the same Kill Speed.

Sniper Weapons: Kinda hard to compare because of the difference in weapons each side gets. The M24 and L96A1 are identical in K.S. But the semi's take longer when compared with the Unlocks. So ...

Assault Weapons: The M16A2 has the best K.S. The AK-47 and G3 are the same. The AK-101 and F2000 are the same.

Support Weapons: The Defaults have a better K.S. than the Unlocks.

Source: Weapons Chart 1.4 - by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1

So the whole argument about pubbers using unlocks equals noobs is complete bullcrap. On average the defaults are the better choice and the Unlocks dont give any advantage at all. In fact the Unlocks are harder to use.

xintegrityx wrote:

Look at the L96A1 and the M24 - functionally they are exactly the same, but you rarely see people using the M24 over the L96A1 ...
The M24 is just plain more seXeh so I will take it over the L96A1 any day
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia

Jemme101 wrote:

So the whole argument about pubbers using unlocks equals noobs is complete bullcrap. On average the defaults are the better choice and the Unlocks dont give any advantage at all. In fact the Unlocks are harder to use.
The whole 'kill speed' approach is sound, but it doesnt take into account accuracy. For example while the AK74 and the G36 take the same amount of time to kill an un armoured target the G36C is like a sniper rifle comparitively. Which takes us back to the argument of 'leet players' using the relatively cripppled weapons and calling anyone who uses the seemingly obvious choice a noob.

And don't get me wrong, I'm no advocate for unlocks only. IMHO a good bf2 player should use every weapon equally as each is good for different situations
MR_snus
+21|6623

Andoura wrote:

im tired of everybody always saying unlocks is for noob etc...  look let me make this clear... how do you get unlocks ?? by getting points and going to a HIGHER rank... so unlocks are in base not for noob they are for the higher ranked player....

then its just a gun, the g36e gives like 32 of damaga per shoot (i think) and the ak-101 is 37, so if someone is using the g36e and you are using the ak-101 you have the better gun and the guy who is using the g36e is NOT a noob because he is trying to kill you wit a gun that make less damage !!!!! etc... etc... etc...

Nwaaayy this is a damn game and too many people are always complaning about something... so lets just all play the game , have fun and all stfu
WORD!!! +1
Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida
The real "n00b unlocks" are the medic, assult and support unlocks. Most of the others have much less recoil and better accuracy any the stocks but the same killing power. The G36E might do less damage than the M16 or the AK but it has a much faster fire rate and hardly any recoil. The G3 is just plain bullshit with its accuracy and power, the F2000 is simply gay with the flashbangs and the scope and the support unlocks both have good accuracy and damage and are better than all the stocks exept the RPK which is too powerful compared to the SAW and the Type [Insert Number Here].
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6329|USA Biznatch!
Yes unlocks are for noobs. I believe that they don't take MUCH skill at all to shoot. So I use default guns because it takes more skill and that makes the game more fun.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6367
Standard guns are better, imho. Why would you Pkm when you have the rpk/m249? Why g3/g36e/l85/f2000 when you got ak101/m16?

doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-03-24 06:25:14)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

looool boy wrote:

then its just a gun, the g36e gives like 32 of damaga per shoot (i think) and the ak-101 is 37, so if someone is using the g36e and you are using the ak-101 you have the better gun and the guy who is using the g36e is NOT a noob because he is trying to kill you wit a gun that make less damage !!!!! etc... etc... etc...
Damage isn't everything. The G36e is laser accurate and has a higher rate of fire. The G36e was the Most damaging per second gun out of any other weapon in the game according to a graph someone made. This would be fine if it was counter-balanced by a low accuracy, or a smaller clip or something. But its not - Its most likely the most accurate assault rifle too. How is it fair that the G36E, has the best accuracy and the best damage per second? This is why it is a noob gun. It is highly unbalanced.

Last edited by gene_pool (2007-03-24 06:26:23)

Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida

gene_pool wrote:

looool boy wrote:

Damage isn't everything. The G36e is laser accurate and has a higher rate of fire. The G36e was the Most damaging per second gun out of any other weapon in the game according to a graph someone made. This would be fine if it was counter-balanced by a low accuracy, or a smaller clip or something. But its not - Its most likely the most accurate assault rifle too. How is it fair that the G36E, has the best accuracy and the best damage per second? This is why it is a noob gun. It is highly unbalanced.
/win
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6370|Netherlands

Like I said in some other topic, having a better gun in your hands doesn't change your reaction time and aiming skills. The only thing it changes is how many shots you need to take someone down. In that aspect it would be n00b to use the shotgun because it's a one shot killing machine.

I have killed plenty of people which are using a G36E with other weapons just because I was faster and smarter then they are. Their gun may outgun mine, but their gun can't detect when I'm running around the building and shooting the fucker in the back. In a face to face situation there will always be guns that outgun the other so just try to avoid those situations instead of complaining about it...

Tiger
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6502|Valley of the Dragons

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

The whole 'kill speed' approach is sound, but it doesnt take into account accuracy. For example while the AK74 and the G36 take the same amount of time to kill an un armoured target the G36C is like a sniper rifle comparitively. Which takes us back to the argument of 'leet players' using the relatively cripppled weapons and calling anyone who uses the seemingly obvious choice a noob.

And don't get me wrong, I'm no advocate for unlocks only. IMHO a good bf2 player should use every weapon equally as each is good for different situations
I was anticipating the Accuracy remark and already was posting it in my previous post. However I removed it because by itself Accuracy does not exist in the game mechanics. Accuracy is a Stat that is comprised of Deviation, Zoom and all the modifiers that both have given certain circumstances when employing a weapon. Furthermore the 'Skill' of the player is also a factor when measuring Accuracy.

So in short there is no way to compare weapons in terms of Accuracy. You could however try Deviation and Zoom when comparing.
When comparing those factors between the Defaults and Unlocks you will see that looking at the Min(imum) Dev(iation);

- No advantage for the SpecOps, AntiTank and Snipers
- A minor advantage for the Support, Assault and Engineer
- An advantage for the Medic, although the M16A2 has the same MinDev as the L85A1 (0.3) and the G36E is 0.25.

But in the end the testing of the Killing Speed of a weapon naturally assumes hits on the body (with or without armor). Only in that fashion can you compare them equally. The other factors are to random imo.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK
then lets just say: ak101 is for noobs, ak47 is for noobs, RPK is for noobs cause they are all good stock guns.
Killya
+4|6293
Some of the unlocks take greater skill to use, therfore it makes sense to offer them only to more experienced players. For example, the F2000 (Assault 2nd unlock) can't hit the broad side of a barn if you just hold down the trigger, but if you properly manually shoot 2 or 3 shot bursts it will work very accurately, or with single shots you can even snipe with it.  It definitely takes practice and greater skill to use that gun. 

On the other hand the MEC AK-74 support gun is just the original weapon and is the best support gun their is.  I use the PKM for a change sometimes, the but the "spool up time" to get the bullets going down range makes me abandon it when the fighting gets really close.

The moral of the story is, every weapon has it's "sweet spot" or range it is effective in and situation that makes it the best...if you have the skill to use the weapon for it's designed use.   Use what you like and have fun.
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6347|Slovenia
Unlocks are OK (except G36E), but when you know how to use M16A2, AK101 and other stock weapons there's no way back to the unlocks.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
Unlocks are there for a reason so just use them. Because I play mostly SF I dont mind people using the unlocks. You put ur time in the game and you unlocked an award so more power to you and go ahead and use it. I dont go against unlocks il use them as I see fit. Occasionaly I just feel like bringing in some change and il use the stock guns like the other day I spend my whole time playing with the ak74-u.
GeT-TwisTeD
+7|6280

SharkyMcshark wrote:

So we've all heard the 'leet' few on these and other forums saying unlocks are for 'n00bs'. But I'm confused why to be honest. There seems to be three arguments against unlocks:

Argument A: Unlocks are for noobs because the standardweapons are better (ie more accurate, damaging, less recoil etc etc). Examples: QBZ > G36C, M24 > M95, RPK > PKM/MG36. This argues that only the uninitiated, or those with a lack of knowledge would use unlocks simply for the reason that they have earned them and therefore they must be better.

Argument B: Unlocks are for noobs because they create an imbalance in the game (ie are better in some way than the standard weapon). Examples G36E > Ak101, P90 > MP5, L96A1 > Type 88/SVD, G3 > M16A2. This argues that only people that lack skill use unlocks because they aren't good enough to 'pwnzor' with the standard weapons.

Argument C: Unlocks are for noobs because it imbalances the game due to the fact that higher ranked players get access to more kit variations that lower ranked players.

The only problem is that Arguments A and B are contradictory. Argument A says that unlocks are worse and therefore for noobs, and B says that unlocks are better than standard weapons and therefore for skill less players. I could understand if it was one argument or the other, but for example the QBZ is clearly better than any other carbine, and yet it is a standard weapon, whereas the P90 is head and shoulders above other SMGs, but its an unlock.

Whats the mentality here? Or is it just a bunch of pre pubescent fools trying to appear as tough guys?

PS Argument C is just stupid. Of course if someone has played the game more than you theyll have access to more stuff ffs
Anything and everything is at some point somehow called noobish.  It's all just a matter of if somebody is getting killed a lot with that weapon.  The player looks at the gun or vehicle as noobish because they can't get it threw their heads that you have more skill than them so they must think the gun your using is very easy to use therefore a noob gun....
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6472|New York
I use the gun I feel most comfortable using.  If that means when I choose to use the G36E over the M16A2, all of you can fondle my balls because I play better with the G36E than I do with the M16A2.  L96A1 over any other Sniper rifles too.

When someone calls me a noob for using an unlock, I tell them to go fuck themselves with a rusty knife, or something as painful.  I bought the game and I'll use whatever gun I want in whatever situation.

Don't like it?  No one is telling you to stay.  But, despite this simple solution, people will stay in a server and complain verbatim and keep getting killed by the player who uses their weapon of choice.

DivineMomentOfTruth uses the L85A1, which is an unlock, but he has over 120k in assault rifle kills.  Is he a noob?  Yes, according to you assholes.

Morons.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

I use the gun I feel most comfortable using.  If that means when I choose to use the G36E over the M16A2, all of you can fondle my balls because I play better with the G36E than I do with the M16A2.  L96A1 over any other Sniper rifles too.

When someone calls me a noob for using an unlock, I tell them to go fuck themselves with a rusty knife, or something as painful.  I bought the game and I'll use whatever gun I want in whatever situation.

Don't like it?  No one is telling you to stay.  But, despite this simple solution, people will stay in a server and complain verbatim and keep getting killed by the player who uses their weapon of choice.

DivineMomentOfTruth uses the L85A1, which is an unlock, but he has over 120k in assault rifle kills.  Is he a noob?  Yes, according to you assholes.

Morons.
High five, you win. I normally switch between the G36E and the M16, they are basically the same to me. I just like the sound of the M16 more, way cooler. I pretty much use every gun for every kit unless there is one that I just love (SVD ftw).
Signature
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Only unlock i really hate getting killed with is pkm thats it.
SoC./Omega
+122|6543|Omaha, Nebraska!
i hate unlocks, stock weps are better

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard