Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
Can we have a bit of the break on the "Global warming is such and such and such" threads, K?

The facts are:

- Global warming has already been observed. (the wiki definition of global warming is the OBSERVED rise in temperature)
- The majority of the scientific community says that global warming is a result of human intervention. Currently there is no plausible alternative to this theory - solar variation is especially implausible.
- The majority of the public believes that (despite what they think on global warming) the environmental measures being suggested SHOULD BE ENACTED (source: my poll)
- The majority of the governments of the world are enacting environmental measures - China included (they have fuel-economy standards high than that of the US and Australia - and I think they are holding some kind of summit later inthe year. I'll check back with this one).

Is there anything more that needs to be said?

Last edited by Spark (2007-03-23 21:02:52)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
Yes.
To answer your points:

Can we have a bit of the break on the "Global warming is such and such and such" threads, K? Fuck no!

The facts are:

- Global warming has already been observed. (the wiki definition of global warming is the OBSERVED rise in temperature)  Irrelevant as to a solution

- The majority of the scientific community says that global warming is a result of human intervention. Bullshit
Currently there is no plausible alternative to this theory - solar variation is especially implausible. riiiiiight

- The majority of the public believes that (despite what they think on global warming) the environmental measures being suggested SHOULD BE ENACTED (source: my poll) Dipshits on a gaming forum do not effect policy at all. I speak universally, of us all.

Yes.
Anybody like cheese?   https://www.novelgiftbaskets.com/images/cheese.jpg
'

You are not ending debate, you are pontificating.

So obviously YOUR answer is no!

Last edited by ATG (2007-03-23 21:05:27)

Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

Yes.
To answer your points:

Can we have a bit of the break on the "Global warming is such and such and such" threads, K? Fuck no!

The facts are:

- Global warming has already been observed. (the wiki definition of global warming is the OBSERVED rise in temperature)  Irrelevant as to a solution

- The majority of the scientific community says that global warming is a result of human intervention. Bullshit
Currently there is no plausible alternative to this theory - solar variation is especially implausible. riiiiiight

- The majority of the public believes that (despite what they think on global warming) the environmental measures being suggested SHOULD BE ENACTED (source: my poll) Dipshits on a gaming forum effect policy at all. I speak universally.

Yes.
Anybody like cheese?   http://www.novelgiftbaskets.com/images/cheese.jpg
'

From a while ago: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar … Dec25.html

Name a plausible alternative to the OBSERVED theory.

Public: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175070,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … 75,00.html ----> look at ALL three pages
Please don't make me actually scroll down my google results page *gasps*
I would support the humans-nature position - human intervention is triggering natural events (such as the release of oceanic CO2, organic CO2 and water vapor)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
No more graphs. No more contradictory links.

The planet is getting warmer. Pollution is unacceptable. One may not lead to another. Then again they may. A volcano or impact event can erase global warming overnight.

You focus on the sky that you think is falling, I'll focus on our criminal government and the rampant corruption, as well as funding my own private army so I can do something about it.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6713|Little Rock, Arkansas

ATG wrote:

No more graphs. No more contradictory links.

The planet is getting warmer. Pollution is unacceptable. One may not lead to another. Then again they may. A volcano or impact event can erase global warming overnight.

You focus on the sky that you think is falling, I'll focus on our criminal government and the rampant corruption, as well as funding my own private army so I can do something about it.
Word.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6655

somehow i don't think making a thread about global warming is going to end the creation of threads about global warming.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
You've just created a terrible, ironic catch-22.  In order to end the global warming threads, you must create a global warming thread.  To try and end the global warming threads, you just created a global warming thread.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

ThomasMorgan wrote:

You've just created a terrible, ironic catch-22.  In order to end the global warming threads, you must create a global warming thread.  To try and end the global warming threads, you just created a global warming thread.
Irony ftw.

But I agree with spark on some points, ok leave out global warming. What about the environment? What about the poisoned rivers and burnt down forests? What about the pollution in the air causing lung cancer?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
Robot Karate Person makes a good point.

Although I believe global warming to be occurring on some level, I think all the global warming fanatics on the forum would get a "warmer" response (haha, get it?  eh?  eh??  i'm awesome) if you restructured your arguments to say how species are becoming extinct and that the environment is being destroyed.
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
OK.

I'm just amazed at the fact that there are now almost as many global warming threads as US foreign policy threads.
~ Richard Feynman
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417
Ty, we know it has been observed, and we dont do anything about it, k...our problem..or actually it will be our childrens problem....lets all enjoy some VERY HOT SUMMERS...about 35+ celcius....
Superglueman
+21|6371|The Great South Land

ATG wrote:

Yes.
To answer your points:

The facts are:

- The majority of the public believes that (despite what they think on global warming) the environmental measures being suggested SHOULD BE ENACTED (source: my poll) Dipshits on a gaming forum do not effect policy at all. I speak universally, of us all.

Yes.
'

Can i join your private army?
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6568|Brisbane, Aus

Omnideath wrote:

somehow i don't think making a thread about global warming is going to end the creation of threads about global warming.
True, i don't think making a thread about stopping other theads has ever worked unless a mod posts it.

You Realy want no more global warming posts? just cure global warming.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6467|The edge of sanity

Spark wrote:

Can we have a bit of the break on the "Global warming is such and such and such" threads, K?

The facts are:

- Global warming has already been observed. (the wiki definition of global warming is the OBSERVED rise in temperature)
That right there just KILLED your entire argument and made you look bad. Wikipedia is a enclyopidea that is created by its users which are people just like you and me who dont know as much shit as we think. In fact when i did a report on Jewish history some member put "I ownzerz jewz i arez l33t". So for you next argument i suggest you find a more reliable source that way you dont come out looking bad. Kthnxbye
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Of course there are people out there that global warming is a hoax, so by discussing it you're spreading it.

Therefore, global warming threads cause global warming...ok, where's my coffee?
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6580|Oxford

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Irony ftw.

But I agree with spark on some points, ok leave out global warming. What about the environment? What about the poisoned rivers and burnt down forests? What about the pollution in the air causing lung cancer?
Absolutely. Global warming is inevitable and no result of us. Harm in the environment is on the other hand and I'd much rather see the 'green taxes', I'm no doubt going to get raped for, being spent protecting it.
ATG
Banned

Superglueman wrote:

ATG wrote:

Yes.
To answer your points:

The facts are:

Yes.
'

Yes, you may.

Can i join your private army?
YES

Last edited by ATG (2007-03-24 10:20:23)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6561|CH/BR - in UK

It's depressing how much flaming you get going on in one thread. ATG, this is a 'Debate and Serious Talk"-thread, so I hardly believe cheese has any relevance here.
What I interpreted this as is: Whether or not there actually is global warming, the world is still being polluted.
To the older generations: This is our planet too! Your kids will have to grow up with the muck you've left behind!
To the younger ones: You're destroying your surroundings, and those of your future (perhaps) children.

I personally don't give a fuck whether or not we have global warming right now - it's too hard to figure out who's right, and who's wrong - but even if global warming is proved completely wrong, the pollution we create is going to haunt us eventually, so we might as well start doing something about it now.

-konfusion
ATG
Banned

Konfusion0 wrote:

It's depressing how much flaming you get going on in one thread. ATG, this is a 'Debate and Serious Talk"-thread, so I hardly believe cheese has any relevance here.
What I interpreted this as is: Whether or not there actually is global warming, the world is still being polluted.
To the older generations: This is our planet too! Your kids will have to grow up with the muck you've left behind!
To the younger ones: You're destroying your surroundings, and those of your future (perhaps) children.

I personally don't give a fuck whether or not we have global warming right now - it's too hard to figure out who's right, and who's wrong - but even if global warming is proved completely wrong, the pollution we create is going to haunt us eventually, so we might as well start doing something about it now.

-konfusion
Sparks post was absurd. Thats why he got the cheese.

You'll learn the ropes soon, not everybody stays a nOOb as long as you have, but keep trying!
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
Make global warming a sticky please.
ATG
Banned

usmarine2007 wrote:

Make global warming a sticky please.
I bet I could make that happen.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567
One question: why did the average ambient temperature across the globe decrease for three straight decades during a time when Europe was becoming more and more heavily industrialised, bouncing back from the mess that WWII left them in?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

One question: why did the average ambient temperature across the globe decrease for three straight decades during a time when Europe was becoming more and more heavily industrialised, bouncing back from the mess that WWII left them in?
Why was Christmas day in 1983 in Cleveland, Ohio -15 F and in 1984 on Christmas day it was 60 F ?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567

usmarine2007 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Why was Christmas day in 1983 in Cleveland, Ohio -15 F and in 1984 on Christmas day it was 60 F ?
Because global weather patterns are bigger, more changeable and tough to predict than most of what we can throw at the atmosphere.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-24 10:55:13)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Because global weather patterns are bigger, more changeable and tough to predict than most of what we can throw at the atmosphere.
Aye.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard