PluggedValve
+17|6363

rouleed wrote:

One very annoying thing is that you sometimes can't walk between stones.
For example, there are the rocks by the flag at the peninsula at Road to Jalalabad. A few yards from the TOW there a two stones that's at least one foot apart. Even if one of the stones is small enough to climb with one step you still can't run between them. Fatal if you are running from, say, a tank.
AGREED!!  Also should be able to climb steeper slopes on foot. Maybe just make it slower movement but can do it.  And the vehicles should take more damage when u drive down a cliff.  And shouldnt slow as much on hills.  A tank would never stall out climbing the hills on Fushe, probably wouldnt even slow it.
wayne-o23
+3|6455
I'm not sure if someone said this already, but has anyone noticed if they pick up a medic kit to heal themselves, when you pick your normal kit back up you'll constantly hear the medic healing sound bug until you find another medic kit? also the city map for usmc vs pla sounds like an awesome idea, as on infantry only you dont get the chance to you the chinese, so you dont get as many hours in with them, g36e definately needs to be sorted out, grenade launchers should have the same blast radius as normal grenades, either increase the gl radius or lower the normal grenade, i still dont understand the point of the L96a1? it has the same damage as the m24 and m95 just a smaller crosshair in the scope? claymores are stupidly powerful, the angle they blast at is perfect but the distance they can kill you at is ridiculous, the m95 has only one reason in the game and that is to shoot pilots out of heli's. otherwise it is pointless, in real life it is an anti-material rifle, it should be able to shoot  through the sides of humvee's and vodnik's at the passengers, or through certain parts of the apc's armour at passengers or the driver not to kill but to damage at least. L85a1 needs more accuracy when shooting in automatic at medium to close range, the whole gettin repair points easier is a really good idea, because trying to get 10 or 20 even worse repair points in a round is stupid. thats all  can think of right now, i'll post again if i get any more ideas
Phrozenbot
+632|6638|do not disturb

I love you Hurricane.
downthehatch
+2|6302
Commander ability: Inform squad leader "vehical drop is available on your request".
LOATHE YOU
Banned
+0|6275
Very nice list. Very professional. I see no reason why EA would not make another patch. There are still 1942 servers online is there not ? I can see BF2 servers running at the turn of the decade. Why not ? It's one of the best modern warfare games ever.

On to my suggestions. Not many as the most important are covered in the "main" list above.

Assault class should be givin 5 flash/smoke grenades to increase its usefulness.

Any players with all the Special forces ribbions earned [ army related only ] are allowed to use the hook and zip line in vanilla BF2. Lets fill in those last few boxes or at least one where utlities are shown in the class selection area.

Besides those 2 I can see BF2 becoming one of the greatest games ever for our generation if they fix the most notorious problems in the game.

Last edited by LOATHE YOU (2007-03-17 21:32:12)

XxxMerliNxxX
+5|6330
claymores that i can destroy by grenades or by shooting them.  Thats all i would want.
GCroke
+2|6287

XxxMerliNxxX wrote:

claymores that i can destroy by grenades or by shooting them.  Thats all i would want.
...That and change them so they actually explode when your near them and not over 10m away and happen to sneeze a little too loudly.
Sgklarnskou
+0|6271
Hey Hurricane

Please ad to your list a time-difference between reloading after shooting empty, and reloading when still having a bullet in the chamber. If you change your magazines before shooting empty it is not necessary to go through the loading motions. This must give the “wise” and experienced soldiers, whom are aware of the amount of bullets left in their magazines, some extra time to shoot the opponent, when reloading at the right time.

This makes the game even more realistic.

Sgklarnskou (Denmark)
staking
+0|6271
force feedback for the jets and helicopters

All the jets should be nearly equal in maneuvering to the chinese jets as on wake island.
the f35 is just to slow to fly around
When reloading on the wake island map the chinese jet only reloads with 1 bomb instead of 2.

when you shoot someone in the head they should die with 1 shot from a sniper rifle
The anti tank rocket weapon should have a slight bigger spread of damage.
option to shoot the claymores on the ground

Random crashes to desktop on some servers if you select the same side 2-3 times in a row.

another small map like wake island too top it off

Last edited by staking (2007-03-20 10:31:51)

GCroke
+2|6287
I thought of great one, Requirements for a new Weapons Unlock, which can only be used by those who qualify and can be used with any kit, but can't be picked up by another player without the requirements

Requirements:
1,000,000 Global Points

Weapon of Choice.... Mini Gun

(..)  Rock On
d3x74
+14|6669|NY
Bug:
1. Pick up medic or mg class and use the medic bag or ammo bag.
2. Switch back to original class, and the sound of the medic bag or ammo bag continues on and on...

Suggestion:
Each jet missile needs to lock on to a target before acquiring it and following its heat signal. If it is fired before that it should be a dumb missile and not accidentally lock on to a friendly and pregnant black hawk.

ie. make it so that it takes about 5 seconds to shoot each missile or at least two missiles (ie. one on each wing).

More smoke grenades for the *cheapo* assault class, ie. all those who do not have the futuristic GRAW assault dude since they did not buy SF.

Last edited by d3x74 (2007-03-23 10:02:27)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6658|South Jersey
So I'm pretty sure this patch is never going to happen.
IonYou
+3|6657
Enlarge the hitbox a little when you jump. Bunnyhopping just looks ridiculous in my book. This would eliminate that.
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6419

IonYou wrote:

Enlarge the hitbox a little when you jump. Bunnyhopping just looks ridiculous in my book. This would eliminate that.
I think other issues are more important as that. And it's a game so to me it doesn't matter. This isn't some war simulation game it's still built around the arcade..
IonYou
+3|6657

kmt wrote:

IonYou wrote:

I think other issues are more important as that. And it's a game so to me it doesn't matter. This isn't some war simulation game it's still built around the arcade..
And yet it would be so simple to do. Why not fix the more important issues, you know the ones that don't make the game look ridiculous, and this one as well.
Phrozenbot
+632|6638|do not disturb

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

So I'm pretty sure this patch is never going to happen.
Yup.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6867|Waikato, Aotearoa
A couple of VERY intelligent changes:

1 - M95 Sniper rifle. Make the rifle like it was in Desert Combat. i.e accuracy while standing up is 0. You cant hit anything if your standing. The recoil is huge. Accuracy improves if u crouch and is optimal if your prone. If you get hit ANYWHERE with the M95, then you go down (same as getting killed/crit hit normally). To counter this, make the Sniper sprint the same as the Engineer/AT kit. (You cant sprint very far or very fast with something that weighs the better part of 15kgs and is 1.6m high.)

2 - Either make the ammo pack the same as the Medic pack OR make the Medic pack the same as the Ammo Pack. At this point in time to get 1 ammo point you pretty much only have to burn a clip or 2 of ammo or throw all your grenades, where as to get 1 heal point you pretty much have to heal a guy from the point of death. VERY unbalanced.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6693|Everett, WA, US
My suggestion would be to have deviation, and deviation time increased for going prone.  People should not be able to go prone and have better accuracy than standing until about 3 - 5 seconds after they hit the ground.  Going prone should only be used for holding a position.  If you turn the corner into an enemy at medium range, crouching for accuracy, needs to be a better option than falling flat on the ground.  Deviation time for crouching should be about 1 second of worse-than-standing accuracy, and then a slight increase in accuracy.

In short, medium range:    crouch pwns prone
             Extended range:   prone pwns crouch.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6521
Bring back jumping and shooting (just make the accuracy extremely low and try to stop prone spamming - which still happens).

Every other fun FPS has jumping and firing, why should BF2 be so drastic in its action because a few boring players moaned?
Phrozenbot
+632|6638|do not disturb

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

In short, medium range:    crouch pwns prone
             Extended range:   prone pwns crouch.
I also think crouching should be more beneficial.

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2007-03-27 18:59:37)

jay515
+0|6293
It would be nice if they make blood. I don't mean a super-uber-brutal bf2 where u can cut  someone's leg off and run around with it while it's spilling blood on the ground but those dust clouds when u hit someone are just looking silly. Make blood like it is in Project Reality or Poe2.
=KAW=Mac
+5|6268|STL, MO
I don't feel like going through 18 pages to find this but just incase it wasn't mentioned..

Fix the Karkand Square building glitch.
Houli999
+9|6262
there should be a way you can fly an alien aircraft and get totaly drunk.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6385|Vancouver
My personal peeve:

Perhaps a player should not die from sliding down a slight embankment- It's too easy to die or suffer damage from falling short distances.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6581|Hungary
Please also FIX teh bug in SF when you are in a Helo and ur a gunner and u use tv missle and u cahnge back to gun you cant cahnge camera viewe !!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard