Snakestyles
+17|6733|South Africa

polarbearz wrote:

Will do tthf or i'll give my little sis a turn @ the comp. And the plane'll be the most dangerous place in the game. haha
dood pls pls pls teach her how to use the jets, make her into the l337'est pilot in bf2, and then when ppl moan get her to squad up and tell them to "suck it up" OMW when they hear a little girl trash talking them...well i would pay good money to hear that!
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6700
Hey Polarbearz i agree a hundred percent i watch my stats yeah but only to challenge myself to push harder and go for the next badge/Ribbon or get that Gold medal count up and personally if i can get stats as good as yours ill be happy as they show only one important thing someone who plays and does well no matter what.

Mind you a 2nd LT might be taken a bit more serious if it was a comment about the game play or something but it doesnt cheapen the opinion other the private as he is the future of the game(without new people buying the game EA would just forget about us)

And tell your Sis to go kill someone and laugh every minute of it i like how she reacts it should teach everyone to RELAX AND CHILLOUT ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE ATTACKING AND BOMBING PLACES ITS AS POLARBEARZ SAYS A GAME.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6739|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
yeah what every one said x42 the answer to life the universe and everything
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6685
I judge people by stats... isn't that what the fucking real world is about?

Hmm let's see... idiot bum applying for a job at Pratt & Whitney who worked at McDonald's and a strip club and likes to design model airplanes vs aeronautical engineer who graduated from Concordia University and has job experience at Bombardier.

Let the idiot bum design our new plane engines! yey!

Yes... this analogy is blown out of proportion and this is a video game but it is still logic.
It's also total pants. The guy in question would never apply for the job in the first place. If you'd ever interviewed anybody IRL you'd know that it's the face to face assessment that tips the scales in favour of one candidate. Where's the stats in that?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6784|Singapore

Snakestyles wrote:

dood pls pls pls teach her how to use the jets, make her into the l337'est pilot in bf2, and then when ppl moan get her to squad up and tell them to "suck it up" OMW when they hear a little girl trash talking them...well i would pay good money to hear that!
Take a look at littlebearz that's my sis for ya!

I just looked at her stats:

Shotguns 01:12:40 3 30 0.10 0.74%

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And no, she's not a very little girl.. 18 already yups.

Last edited by polarbearz (2006-01-13 04:59:08)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6802|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Tell it like it is polarbearz!

BTW, congratulations to Singapore for being in the top three in the world in economic freedom. So much for the Orwellian nightmare.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6681|Hell's prison
ok, ill throw my two cents in on this.  I agree with you and back you 100% polarbearz.  I mean hell I find it very fun to come on this game and get a few kills every time I play.  I mean I am nowhere near obsessed, hell if you look at my stats (cause i dont), i got 1000+ deaths more than likely.  But its still fun!  I make a badge I might check it out on here, or see how far I am from the next rank.  Thats about it.  I mean my wife does not really enjoy me playing while shes home, i mean how understandable is that though?  We both work, we have a puppy.  I rarely find time to play, but when i do, I and laughing like an idiot at how much fun im having.  Some days i just plain out get bored and look at my badges, and say, damn, I bet its a real challenge to get that badge, and I will go in and try and get it, if I dont, I will still sleep tonight.  And I jump for joy when i know I have accomplished part of the game.  But all in all, people get too serious when it comes to gaming, I mean yeah you have great stats, but whens the last time you gave your girlfriend (wife, fiancee, or hell even a sibling) some attention.  Or went outside and tossed the ball around with dad?  Yeah I know it sounds corny as all hell, but the point is, life is still passing you by, the world wont stand still while youre knifing the next bunnyhopping/dolphin diving/spawn camping whore.  The average life span for a good game is about 3 or 4 years.  You think in 5-8 anyone is even going to have a whisper of this game on their lips?  Who knows, I dont have time to care or let a game ruin my job and family.  Although I will admit to having a few squabbles with the Mrs. because of my "stupid games".  But you know its part of life, and its what i do to have fun.  I will buy the booster packs and all the bells and whistles, (shes gotta go on vacation to see her family in GA sometime right?  hehe) and im gonna keep having a killer time and having fun by sitting on my butt (right after PT is over of course) calling people dumbasses and commanding away.  Have fun, thats the important aspect.  "Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!  Yo Joe!"  (I hope to hell that some young peoples on here dont ask me where that corny ass quote is from)
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6751|Gold Coast, Australia
What fucking right to you have to say 'STFU n00b who are you to comment on so-and-so topic when my SPM/KDR/Ratios are better than yours' Just what the fuck.
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6751|Gold Coast, Australia
LOL, jks, nice rant, i think your right, i just had a rant on anotherpost about the nardy top 10 players in the world. on the blazin.uk isnt number 1 anymore

Last edited by supa_fly52 (2006-01-13 05:32:19)

8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6712
I only read the orig post.

Not having good stats, DO NOT mean you are not good, you could be. But I'm inclined to agree. . having good stats, is a show of skill, just cause you arent a stat whore though, doesnt mean you aren't a good player. Maybe you play unranked servers. There is no way to prove a good player from a bad one by stats.
thinner44
+1|6805
polarbearz ... agreed. Just yesterday someone compared my stats and did a *fun search* on google for worst player, apparently my name came up. Ok the guy was just taking the piss, but I'm no stats manic, in fact I play this game because like you, I love to mess around sometimes. I like the sounds, the sights and jumping out of my seat when someone C4s me and I didn't see it coming... it's all a good laugh.

I like this forum, there's a great diverse and entertaining mix of people, but there are some right idiots and I'm begining to get the feeling they will soon out number those that post for fun/help/advice and a laugh.

Coolbeano probably has it right
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6750
Well said. Ive often wondered if players try so hard to get better stat because they believe at a KD ratio of 2 you unlock laser eyes & at 3 you get a jet pack. Its just crazy. Do Players who get the Veteran Armour Badge get Tanks with depleated uranium shells or adamantium armour? Do People with the Expert Aviator Badge have te ability to morph their fighters into Killer attack robots & change bombers payloads to something nuclear? Honestly?

Damn wish I had laser eyes in game...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6692|Germany
polarbearz hits the spot dead-on with this.

Even if you really do care about your K/D-ratio,it's a personal record for you to see how you perform on the battlefield.
Do you really want to compare yourself with noobtubers and statpadders who played 100 hours less than you and outrank you only because they have padded their stats together with a buddy(favorite victim killed 150 times?yeah,right..) or they spent most of their gametime bunnyhopping,noobtubing or chopperwhoring(3000 kills with the GL,yet only 200 assault rifle kills?Hmm...)

The awards are the same thing,what the hell is so special about an expert knife badge when every noobclan with a ranked server can have their own rules on their server(Gun+knife only rounds,omg,what a challenge...not.)?

When I'm done with my 15 hours for antitank I'm gonna play sniper until I become as good as I used to be in BF1942 as a sniper.
And then the stats can honestly s*ck my rod.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6784|Singapore

Yay for everyone who agrees which me which is most of the thread so I can't release my expletives on someone who doesn't agree.
Mr_Spork
+2|6736
Agreed.

More and more posts are about bragging about stats...
Threads are turning into a stat bragging competition...
This forum is full of stat braggers...

There's nothing we can really do, so I guess we'll just have to live with it.
thinner44
+1|6805

Mr_Spork wrote:

Agreed.

More and more posts are about bragging about stats...
Threads are turning into a stat bragging competition...
This forum is full of stat braggers...

There's nothing we can really do, so I guess we'll just have to live with it.
Stat bragging whores, don't you just hate them
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6734|Great Wall
Usually people who have bad stats say that stats are not important and that they mean nothing. I say that some stats (not all) can be useful. Things like medals, badges and ribbons are not important. But numbers in stats show much about a person - what vehicles and kits he uses.. Stats are a kind of CV when u try to join a clan. There are too many people who wanna join clans that simply clans need to make a first selection. What a person is really worth we know during trial periods (usually 2-3 weeks) when all clan members play with a recruit and they can confront stats and real skills.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6833|A Small Isle in the Tropics

thinner44 wrote:

Stat bragging whores, don't you just hate them
i read the other thread where you were labelled as having crappy stats at the end of a hopeless argument. when there is nothing left to brag about other than a person's stats being better than someone else's, its sad. I was flabbergasted reading that thread, and just shook my head at how ludicrous and petty the other party got.

Sadder still is when an argument is lost, stats become the weapon that is used to beat the other person down. Like the stats really mattered in the real world, like the stats would make you the greatest hero of all time. Get real, get a life. Its just a game.

Last edited by mikeshw (2006-01-13 10:16:16)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6741|Houston, TX
Whaddyall mean "Stats don't mean anything in real life??!?!"

That's like saying Pro-wrestling isn't real!

What am I gonna do now?!?!?!?! 

KJ

PS right on with the Rant Polar, You've earned the Shocking Truth Ribbon.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6760|Dallas
I'm not sure whats worse, caring about what people think about your reply or comment or writing a 2,000 word essay about how you "don't care".
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6753|06-01
er....for all concerned,
looks like chuy has added some new stuff on our stats page........
thinner44
+1|6805

mikeshw wrote:

Sadder still is when an argument is lost, stats become the weapon that is used to beat the other person down. Like the stats really mattered in the real world, like the stats would make you the greatest hero of all time. Get real, get a life. Its just a game.
I couldn't agree more. It was a very frustrating argument and probably one I should have avoided, then to be told my stats suck just ended it there and then. No harm done though, I still walked away with my 'posting stats' in order

PPD 2.3 PLPD 0.0 AW 1.0 AL 0.0 PTISNHP 2.0 (no gold medals)
Key:
PPD= posts per day. PLPD= posts lost per day. AW- Arguments won. AL= arguments lost. PTISNHP= posts that I should never have posted. Oh no, I've become a posts stat whore. polarbearz quick, throw a few expletives at me

Cheers mike, good to see you again
uber73
+188|6747|Brisbane
bearz, what u need to appreciate is that.... there are sooo many egotistical, fuckwitted, bald cocked, bedroom residing, sociophobic angry 14 year olds who play online these days, people that have few 'real' friends..  ya know the type.  their only outlet is to act hard on forums and online... they can hide behind their firewall without fear of getting sideswiped.  its easy being mouthy when the worst that can happen to ya is a rant on a forum...

i used to get knobbed off by their bullshite, then i thought to myself... hey, why?  i got a foxy wife, my own house, my own car, no kids, i can afford all the booze i want, i got a whopper of a pc, im regularly owning these muppets online...  what have these kids got?  an over developed right forearm, many posters of angelina jolie, a vitaminE deficiency, probably an early bedtime, and a vocabulary of "nOOb, pwn, wOOt"... etc etc 

i give ya a recent example..
the other day, i got accused of using a name hack to change my name colour online... i got insulted, abused, "nOOb"ed, then it occured to me... i was commander, hence gold font.  needless to say, i prompty wiped the floor with the cretin.  he had to leave the server in embarassment as most players started fucking with him >

fact of the matter is... if someone calls u a noob, u are already superior to them, as quite clearly, they have no balls and even more likely, are shit at bf2. 

and they are also 100% likely to be bunnyhopping shit eaters.

i rest my case.

Last edited by uber73 (2006-01-13 11:01:35)

ExitWound
+0|6677
ever thought about publishing that? nicely writtin mate.
tj-dublin83
+0|6709|Dublin, Ireland
amen sir, amen.

When I got the game first, I was on wake island, and for the entirity of the game (litterly), I was killed by the enemy and my own team [arseholes] for being a noob, so in retaliation
1) Got jet
2) went to secondary weapon
3) killed evrything that moved
RESULT: banned for being a noob

my advice: Fuck'em their the posers who think their better than every1 else

hmmmm, I need a drink.............*clink* cheer's

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard