airborne916
+24|6662
I have bigger hands tho. Im just tired of this XXXXty 15 dollar pos mouse i have. which should i get?

this is the mouse pad i have now
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/180246 … IN_RSLT_PG
and this mouse
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826104054
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6486|Gogledd Cymru

Get a Razer Copperhead, cheaper, better tech specs more colourful
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
G5 imo... but alot of people will say the MX518 because of the extra button
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

I use a MX518 and a Func 1030 mousepad,and I'm very pleased with them.
Mad Ad
+178|6508|England, UK
I have biggish hands too and the 518 is ace for me, great hardware, shame the setpoint software is so crap.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6349|uk

I haven't got one myself... but i have always believed (from other people, and looking "around"), that the MX518 was the best.

If i was still into competitive gaming, and played BF2 as seriously (or gaming in general) as seriously as i have done in the past, then i am i sure i would have got a MX518 instead of the G5 (or anyother gaming mouse for that matter)
Obese_Soldier
+4|6460
I have my G5, and it's really good. I have never used a MX518, so I can't comment on that. The adjustable weights are a really good feature of the G5 though.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6433|UK
neither get a copperhead.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Wait for the new G5 coming out, with two left buttons.  Blue graphics on top instead of red.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

I love my 518.  I've had experience with copperhead, and I think it sucked to no end.  I don't like the way the G5 feels for handling.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

I'm gonna say 518; but I have not had a G5 (G7 though).

To me cordless mice are a hassle.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6621|Cherry Pie
I have a Logitech MX1000 Bluetooth Laster Mouse and it ROCKS!!!
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

jsnipy wrote:

I'm gonna say 518; but I have not had a G5 (G7 though).

To me cordless mice are a hassle.
I'm with you there as well.  I don't like the weight or feel of the cordless mice.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6546|EUtopia | Austria
Optical > Laser

So your choice has to be the 518 ;-)
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6639|Deep In The South Of Texas
518 is a very good choice. That is, if you can't get one of these:

http://www.crazypc.com/other/misc/hovermouse.htm

Last edited by The Stillhouse Kid (2007-03-22 14:31:32)

ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6442|Lisburn, NI
MX518. The optical sensor is better.
JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America

Mad Ad wrote:

I have biggish hands too and the 518 is ace for me, great hardware, shame the setpoint software is so crap.
I have to agree on the setpoint software being total crap.  A couple of weeks ago setpoint updated to v3.3 and after my computer installed the update setpoint quit running on startup.  I went to uninstall setpoint and when I went to restart my computer I couldn't log in because windows quite recognizing my keboard. The keyboard worked in the Bios but couldn't log into windows.  Went and bought a USB keyboard to see if that would work but it wouldn't work without the drivers installed.  Long story short I reformatted my C: drive and spent about 3 days installing updates for windows.  I did have all my music backed up on an external drive but I have only had that about a month and havn't really had a chance to back up much else.  I have since tried to reinstall setpoint 3.3 from logitechs website but for some reason when I play BF2 the DPI buttons don't work right.  The (+) button wont change the setting and the (-) button will only raise the DPI setting so after a couple of clicks I am at a sensitivity of 1600 to 2000.  I have went back to setpoint 2.42 which came with the mouse.   SETPOINT SOFTWARE IS SHIT
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6765|Tenn
i prefer the way the 518 feels. having used a g5 and other gaming mouses.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6630|USA
MX518. Cant argue with DPI settings and thumb buttons. Plus the minimize button makes me life so much easier. Gives my left hand a break from alt-tab in.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6669|The Real World

MX518 here love it
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6841|Waikato, Aotearoa
518 all the way. I had one (until i fried my motherboard), and they rock. The extra side button is so handy.
Cant find them any more, and im stuck with a 510 which is ok i guess.
=MI5=CHRISTIAN
Me Gusta Karma Mucho
+49|6543|Leftern America
I have a G5, love it. End of discussion, period.

Thread closed.

Jk, but seriously, the G5 is the way to go.
Volatile
+252|6701|Sextupling in Empire

More buttons = win.

Therefore - mx518.

Actually, I should stock up on these puppies, seeing as all of the newer mice have less buttons.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6546|EUtopia | Austria

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

518 is a very good choice. That is, if you can't get one of these:

http://www.crazypc.com/other/misc/hovermouse.htm
Do you really believe this hover mouse actually works? I mean, it may actually work as a mouse, but it will not hover, that's for sure - not even thinking of the incredible power this mouse would consume, but also due to the fact that there's no regulated field under the mouse but rather a permanent one, which, of course, would cause the mouse to 'fall off' the field sidewards...
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6639|Deep In The South Of Texas
Copyright CrazyPC April 1st, 2006
Click "Add to basket"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard