{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6458
I can see in you stats that there is the ability to kill with grapple hooks/zip lines.  Has anyone done this or is it just the way it appears in your stats? 

If you have killed with either - let me know - it must be funny as hell to kill with a zip line,..
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6532|The Lost Highway
I'm not 100% sure, but I've always heard that you can't.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6472|Trondheim, Norway
Yes Masterstyle posted a screenie in the Forklift kill thread where he and some other guy actually where killed by a grappling hook. But maybe he had just been doing some changes on his localization files..
l41e
+677|6641

Yes, for the millionth time, it is possible to get the server to display someone [GrapplingHook] someone else without changing any localization files.

1. Lay Claymore/AT mine.
2. Deploy grapple.
3. Climb grapple.
4. Remain on grapple until someone detonates and dies via said Claymore/AT mine.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6458
OK I can underdstand that - would be cool if you could fire a zip line into someones chest though
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6532|The Lost Highway

{UK-US}Scotty wrote:

OK I can underdstand that - would be cool if you could fire a zip line into someones chest though
Agreed.

I've wanted the ability to stomp on a prone sniper/MG's head since my Day of Defeat days.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6458
LOL - indeed - to jump and crunch would be great...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6620|Warlord
Previous thread asking about zipline kills: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51285

There's a screenshot showing 'grappling hook' kills too.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6446|Ontario, Canada
What about flashbangs?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Skorpy-chan
+127|6338|Twyford, UK
All I want is to be able to use the grappling hook inventively.

Like dragging snipers off balconies, hitching rides on tanks/helis, and using it in conjunctuon with a chopper's rotor blades to hurl people across the map. (Hook on, get on the rope, spin up, then let go and pop the chute.) And maybe a melee attack with it. *splurtch* *rip* *splatter*

Or, of course, to be able to dangle things off the end. Hanging AT mines, lowering claymores onto squads from the roof, and tagging tanks with roped C4.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6620|Warlord

d4rkst4r wrote:

What about flashbangs?
Yep. Do a search, there was a thread only recently.

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Like dragging snipers off balconies, hitching rides on tanks/helis, and using it in conjunctuon with a chopper's rotor blades to hurl people across the map. (Hook on, get on the rope, spin up, then let go and pop the chute.) And maybe a melee attack with it. *splurtch* *rip* *splatter*
ROFL
MeanMachine77
+25|6272
Oh yeah, that ripping would be great...
Like SCORPION in the MORTAL KOMBAT series...
You see this guy lying on a roff, *zipline*, *pull*, *booming voice*"Come over here" and then a knife-pwn...

That would make the game fun...
mack011
+0|6296|Houston, TX
Don't think so..tried it once, came across a sniper looking through his scope. no idea i was there..i took out the zip line i shot him right through the head...looked funny with the line coming outa his head...but he did not die had to pull out my pistol and shoot him about 4 times.
|CoR| CrossFire
+0|6271

k30dxedle wrote:

Yes, for the millionth time, it is possible to get the server to display someone [GrapplingHook] someone else without changing any localization files.

1. Lay Claymore/AT mine.
2. Deploy grapple.
3. Climb grapple.
4. Remain on grapple until someone detonates and dies via said Claymore/AT mine.
thats still confusing though, because only snipers/engys can lay mines but they don't get the hooks...?  Now that would be sweet if a sniper planted claymores and got on a long zipline for the zip kill
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Or, of course, to be able to dangle things off the end. Hanging AT mines, lowering claymores onto squads from the roof, and tagging tanks with roped C4.
That would be awesome! Think of this hypothetical situation, Your AT you're behind a wall and outta ammo, You have only your knife and Grapple, Theres an apc looking for you and a Blackhawk hovering above you, what do you do? Die? Surrender? Neither! You take the grappling hook latch on to the Blackhawk, It starts to rise you hold on for dear life, You pull yourself slowly up the rope into the heli, You see the feet of an enemy soldier, You pull him out of the heli the other soldiers look to see what happened, You transfer over to the other side right beneath them, You get on the heli push both of them out, Knife the 2 gunners, And go for the pilot, You kill him and take control if the Blackhawk, You land it right to the side of the apc switch to gunner position and tear it up!
You fly off to meet your teammates and save the day.

(Allright i admit is saw this in an action movie)
privatepyle12415
+0|6288

David.Podedworny wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

That would be awesome! Think of this hypothetical situation, Your AT you're behind a wall and outta ammo, You have only your knife and Grapple, Theres an apc looking for you and a Blackhawk hovering above you, what do you do? Die? Surrender? Neither! You take the grappling hook latch on to the Blackhawk, It starts to rise you hold on for dear life, You pull yourself slowly up the rope into the heli, You see the feet of an enemy soldier, You pull him out of the heli the other soldiers look to see what happened, You transfer over to the other side right beneath them, You get on the heli push both of them out, Knife the 2 gunners, And go for the pilot, You kill him and take control if the Blackhawk, You land it right to the side of the apc switch to gunner position and tear it up!
You fly off to meet your teammates and save the day.

(Allright i admit is saw this in an action movie)
Wow if that were possible... *greedily imagining all the points*
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6384|fÄking denmark

k30dxedle wrote:

1. Lay Claymore/AT mine.
2. Deploy grapple.
3. Climb grapple.
Okay you've got one kill your self ? Just a fast question .
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6295

mack011 wrote:

Don't think so..tried it once, came across a sniper looking through his scope. no idea i was there..i took out the zip line i shot him right through the head...looked funny with the line coming outa his head...but he did not die had to pull out my pistol and shoot him about 4 times.
That's funny imagin being him.
weasel_thingo
+74|6319
i have killed by landing on people so maybe you can kill by zip lining over them.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I haven't done it and I don't think you can with the grappling hook, but my clan mate speciallizes in getting kills with the zip line. I believe that you have to be pretty close when you do it. Like when you go for a knife, try using the zip line to get the kill instead.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6620|Warlord

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

...my clan mate speciallizes in getting kills with the zip line.
I call BS.

Let me repeat what's in the linked-to thread: Chuy tells us there's no data for a zipline kill in the stats feed. That's gospel until some evidence comes along to the contrary, so your clanmate must either be mistaken or, well, you know the other option.

Give us his PID and we'll check his stats.
Superglueman
+21|6352|The Great South Land

mack011 wrote:

Same, i saw a commander in warlord, had about 4-5 go's at him directly witht the zip, but nothing, tried different spots too...
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6799|Orlando, FL - Age 43
spuddy1981
+10|6355|england
I haven killed any 1 else with them but I have fired the zip and for some reason been lunched off a building to my death.  Which caused me to have a major tantrum + shouting at SF.
Xeneizes
+4|6149|Australia
I also think it comes up as [grappling hook] or whatever if u arty someone and resign before the arty comes down. Im not sure though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard