.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6303|Illinois
We've all seen those people who say that they're gonna report you to their friend who works at EA, and I know alot of these people are blowing smoke, but what if they aren't? Example

I killed a guy at about 150m using a pistol, and within 10 sec the guy i killed says ".Robzored. I am going to report you to my friend at EA for having the aimbot hack." After some debate he "gave me the benefit of the doubt."
Later the same guy said that he had just reported the server to EA because the MEC team couldn't make any squads (i.e. it was glitched, but he was convinced the server set it). Since there weren't any admins online i don't think he was just complaining.

Can EA employees really wipe stats based on a friends testemony and a screenshot of a lucky bullet? Feel free to share stories or advice on how best to flame these people
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6668|can

.robzored. wrote:

Can EA employees really wipe stats based on a friends testemony and a screenshot of a lucky bullet?
No

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2007-03-21 15:00:00)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6394|Netherlands

I usually tend to threaten to kick them out for being a friend and if someone says he's an EA employee himself he's out period. Also had some idiot in the server claiming he was a DICE employee... don't care. I wouldn't care if you were god himself, if you play in my server you abide by my rules. That includes DICE, EA and BFROE staff.

Tiger
dirtracer74
+10|6316
Ahh, blowing smoke. They have to prove you have aimbot.

Funny you said that he was convinced it was the server that would not let people join squads. I had a guy come into the PLA airstrip on Dragon Velley. He took a J-10, and killed me to do it. Nothing worng with that, but it sucked dying, LOL. So he takes off, and half way back to the carrier, he smokes the PLA UAV, LMAO. So, he says that I (an admin) blew it up mid air cause I wanted it, and he was going to report it to his friend at EA. I just had to laugh. So ya, I have seen the accusations, but EA can not just reset stats at will.

By the way, how would an admin go about blowing up a jet mid-air, just so I could get it back for myself....hmmmm, LOL.
dirtracer74
+10|6316

TigerXtrm wrote:

I usually tend to threaten to kick them out for being a friend and if someone says he's an EA employee himself he's out period. Also had some idiot in the server claiming he was a DICE employee... don't care. I wouldn't care if you were god himself, if you play in my server you abide by my rules. That includes DICE, EA and BFROE staff.

Tiger
Ya, I had a guy claim to be EA server enforcement one night, and was arguing about one of our rules, so I just banned him. Way to many blowing smoke.
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6303|Illinois
Yeah, some of these people are just stupid, like one guy said he had screen shots of all of us on p/k server, but it was an unranked p/k server. Much merriment was had making fun of him. Hope EA wiped his stats for being illiterate.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)
No. They're attention seeking idiots. EA do not handle that aspect of the game in any way shape or form. And those that do do not advertise their presence - they do have the ability to spot many many hacks and so on and if they need to they will quietly join a server, get the evidence they need and leave - you will not know.
ethrion
+25|6419|Hong Kong @ the moment

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No. They're attention seeking idiots. EA do not handle that aspect of the game in any way shape or form. And those that do do not advertise their presence - they do have the ability to spot many many hacks and so on and if they need to they will quietly join a server, get the evidence they need and leave - you will not know.
Exactly. Why on earth would they bother to say anything. Take anything anyone tells you with a pinch of salt. A case in point: I was going for my Spec Ops Veteran badge ages back and I reached 20 kills, I checked the player list to make sure and noticed that my rank was back to zero.
So I instantly asked what might be the reason for this. Tons of people all began saying sh*t like I had broken the rules of the server (i certainly hadnt), that someone had reported me, etc etc... At the time I was panicking because I never cheat and I was gutted to lose all my stats and rank.
However, a quick check outside of the game proved nothing had been reset and everything was fine. It was just a bunch of smacktards BSing me making me think the worst.

So basically dont listen to anything anyone says, especially if they start saying they are EA/Dice employees and/or are going to report you for something you know you blatantly havent done.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6354|105 RVK

ethrion wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Exactly. Why on earth would they bother to say anything. Take anything anyone tells you with a pinch of salt. A case in point: I was going for my Spec Ops Veteran badge ages back and I reached 20 kills, I checked the player list to make sure and noticed that my rank was back to zero.
So I instantly asked what might be the reason for this. Tons of people all began saying sh*t like I had broken the rules of the server (i certainly hadnt), that someone had reported me, etc etc... At the time I was panicking because I never cheat and I was gutted to lose all my stats and rank.
However, a quick check outside of the game proved nothing had been reset and everything was fine. It was just a bunch of smacktards BSing me making me think the worst.

So basically dont listen to anything anyone says, especially if they start saying they are EA/Dice employees and/or are going to report you for something you know you blatantly havent done.
lol ever heard of the privet glitch? every time som1 asks why they are a privet i just say EA reset them and they get a panic attack. Funny shit.
weasel_thingo
+74|6353

Missionless wrote:

ethrion wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lol ever heard of the privet glitch? every time som1 asks why they are a privet i just say EA reset them and they get a panic attack. Funny shit.
yeah i was in a squad with a bunch of people they were all ranting like why hte fuck they got reset, i didnt add to the convo i just lol'd.
i hate the no squad glitch! its always happening to this one server i often go on which is IO, and it is always US so on maps like jalalabad they are fucked if MEC take the lake. i also hate hte glitch where you anrt part of the squad but it says you are so you cant spawn on the leader and you cant leave.
ethrion
+25|6419|Hong Kong @ the moment

Missionless wrote:

ethrion wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Well I guess i fell for it, but I certainly dont now LOLZ!

Last edited by ethrion (2007-03-22 01:00:23)

.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6303|Illinois

Missionless wrote:

I've seen people freak out over this, and i used to try telling them to just switch servers, but they were too busy flaming EA over the chat to notice
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6813|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is EXACTLY how we conduct ourselves. We would never, and I say never, announce anything through a public announce (Voip, text) especially interfere with a privately owned server. Any disciplinary actions are done 100% behind the scenes.

NEVER fear anyone saying they're : EA, DICE or BF2RS

(however, several of us do occasionally play under our official accounts just hear the drum beats for badges and new ranks as most of the guys official accts. are below 2nd Luie but above Msgt.
Dragonclaw
+186|6331|Florida

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is EXACTLY how we conduct ourselves. We would never, and I say never, announce anything through a public announce (Voip, text) especially interfere with a privately owned server. Any disciplinary actions are done 100% behind the scenes.

NEVER fear anyone saying they're : EA, DICE or BF2RS

(however, several of us do occasionally play under our official accounts just hear the drum beats for badges and new ranks as most of the guys official accts. are below 2nd Luie but above Msgt.
Uh...EA REPRESENTITIVE DUCK AND COVER RUN!!! HIDE THAT KNIFE AND PISTOL SERVER IP! REMOVE THAT STATPADDER ACCOUNT FROM YOUR BF2S PROFILE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note does EA actually do anything? It takes them years to reset anyone and when they do its usually the wrong person.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6464
My favorite example of this happened yesterday.  I was pinning airfield down with an f35 and some kid says....
"oChaos.Haze, my dad is the CEO of EA, and I'm going to have you wiped tonight."
Dragonclaw
+186|6331|Florida

oChaos.Haze wrote:

My favorite example of this happened yesterday.  I was pinning airfield down with an f35 and some kid says....
"oChaos.Haze, my dad is the CEO of EA, and I'm going to have you wiped tonight."
I would have said, "Where do you live so I can kill your dad?"
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6254|Scotland!

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

And I would have said "stfu and stop playing p/k servers fatty" And you'd go comfort eat I'd imagine.
cuppytea
Banned
+3|6241|Cheshire, England

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

In actuality, the said dad would have killed you.

Last edited by cuppytea (2007-05-01 11:55:26)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6249|Escea

I've seen one on a server before, we were playing Midnight Sun and this guy (can't remember his name) started saying that his dad worked for EA so he could reset people, throughout the game random sentences would turn up, for example
Guys in choppers are gonna get reset
Guys in tanks are gonna get reset
The guy who shot me is gonna get reset
Use that weapon and your gonna get reset

It was highly comical, guess you had to be there
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6813|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

oChaos.Haze wrote:

ROFL, be nice to have an old man worth Probst's money!

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w]- They do take a bit to actually get que'd up. There hasn't been any data to show that reports sent to www.bf2rankedservers.com then onto EACS for final approval get processed quicker than straight to EACS. I'd have to say the only difference that if the report passes BF2RS's reporting filters/requirements EACS just goes through the formality. However; timewise:) meh!

It is what it is:)

IMHO; I haven't seen to many unwarranted, again IMHO. Just so happens that reset posters whether just or not, tend to post a lot
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6778|Toronto, ON
I'm sure everyone at EA could care less.
Alpha as fuck.
BlackKoala
+215|6351
They reset me the first time within a week, the second within about three days, and the third within like 12 hours.  They seem pretty on top of things to me.....
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6341|Newcastle UK
took em 3 months for me
jord
+2,382|6704|The North, beyond the wall.
They've gpt better things to do. There might be a small tiny attachment to a bigger department that police's Bf2. If there is they want even have their own office, it will be a small group,who slack off and play the game normally.Reseting 5 people a day so they can say they did something.

30 populated K+P servers are on at most times, 3 padding only servers as well. Shows how much they give a fuck.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6531
Who cares if they have friends, or report you... if you aren't cheating or padding then you have nothing to worry about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard