Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6650|Your moms bedroom
"Rule of thumb" ~ see Boondock Saints

sorry, this post reminded me of that part of the movie, which was... actually pretty funny, even in the deleted scenes

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-03-20 13:10:22)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire

stingray24 wrote:

No chapter and verse?  Ok, then delete that previous post until you find it.
It wasn't actually in the bible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut

Braddock wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote: wrote:

If you hit a woman you are a coward. End of discussion.
I agree but my mate, who is a bouncer (probably the most friendly bouncer in Ireland) got punched in the face a while back by a girl who had been thrown out for assaulting another girl inside. She waited until he was looking the other direction and then punched him full force in the jaw. He did not retaliate but I wonder what her reaction would have been if he'd taken her out into the street and had a full on scrap with her? Some women exploit the fact that men are usually raised not to hit women.
Very true, but I am a proponent of protecting the weak. I know it doesnt make very much sense, especially coming from me. I wont even fight a man if I know I am going to pummel him. Not trying to brag but I am 6"4" 260 lbs and I consider myself well trained. I understand that with power comes responsibility and I would not want to damage someones health whether it be internal or cosmetic, over an arguement. I silently laugh at guys who act tough and bully others. Make no mistake, if I feel myself or my family is in danger then I will not reserve any strength in reciprocation. I figure people who go around assaulting others are inferior and are compensating for their own short comings, so I let them talk their shit and I am yet to meet someone willing to take the first punch at me so the need to engage them is nonexistent. They will get theirs someday, karma is a bitch.
Malloy must go
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America

Braddock wrote:

stingray24 wrote:

Well, the original context said that Christians were the only ones using it when it actually was accepted by most of society.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire

DesertFox423 wrote:

Well, the original context said that Christians were the only ones using it when it actually was accepted by most of society.
Yeah I saw that. wasn't me who posted that though, just thought I'd provide a reference. We in the West are kidding ourselves if we think domestic abuse is not too much of a problem in our society though.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker

Braddock wrote:

stingray24 wrote:

I know. I was responding to two previous posts which were based on their own conjecture, not chapter and verse . . . which I pointed out.

Edit:
The segment about "light beatings" was quite amusing.  He says if the wife doesn't get up from watching TV and you've asked twice, that a man should begin the "light beating".  Pfffff.  Any man that hits a woman needs a good beating himself.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-03-20 16:35:11)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6715|Central Valley,California
The law needs to be on what is right, not what some fucking religion says.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6690

Locoloki wrote:

"Rule of thumb" ~ see Boondock Saints

sorry, this post reminded me of that part of the movie, which was... actually pretty funny, even in the deleted scenes
Yeah that's why I kind of made a joke and tossed it in this thread. Fuck man , I've never red the bible so I can't be bothered with finding verses and chapters and shit. I just made a jab to religion in general. We think this shit is unacceptable but look whats going on in our own country, USA that is. We have masses of Mormons practicing paligomy. Totaly outlawed in the US but it is going on bigtime. We also have the crazy snake charmers in Georgia. Every other month the fron tpage is filled with the picture of the latest Preist to be tried and jailed for 15 years of child molestation. LOL look at Borat the movie and see how racist the clergy is.
Look at the honor killings done to save face in other parts of the world. Blah blah blah. It's none of my business to judge anyone. I just hate how people shit on other as if their shit don't stink. EVERYONES shit stinks. I'm just happy I have a job, Guinness and teh internets. Life is good.
deeznutz1245
+483|6503|Connecticut

jonnykill wrote:

stinks. I'm just happy I have a job, Guinness and teh internets. Life is good.
Guinness kicks as, see my sig. I'm going to have to substitute smokes and a guitar for the internet though.
Malloy must go
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6839|Texas

SEREMAKER wrote:

here might be a good reason to give a little love tap to a female

ROFL

Haha... If ever anyone could use a fist to the face, it's Sarah Silverman.  HAHAH

Great clip!

PS - Have you seen any of the roasts she's done?  Fan-freaking-tastic.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Well if women want equal rights...
deeznutz1245
+483|6503|Connecticut

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Social status has little to do with your birth right to exist free of continuous fear, at least in my opinion.
Malloy must go
madmax
+12|6272|perth, w.a.
pffft if a woman wants equal rights with me she better pay for he own damm meal
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

Did anyone find that debate to be very calm and civilized, considering the topic. They were laughing and having a good time. Whats up with that ?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Social status has little to do with your birth right to exist free of continuous fear, at least in my opinion.
I don't hit either man or woman. Never. I don't like violence.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard