jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6711
I have over a thousand snipes . I have over 26,000 Global points . I have tons of Medals and the like and no unlocked M95 . WTF over ?
1tdiestoday
+2|6783
wtf are yo utalking about? all you need to do, when you are given unlocks, unlock the m95
Buffnuggles
+11|6764|The Hague, Netherlands
Wait for the next rank and u get new unlocks.
Choose the M95.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6711
I have unlocked everything BUT the  M95 sniper rifle . It simply won't unlock . The option to pick the M95 isn't available . A bug perhaps ? I know how to pick unlocked weapons , just click on the freaking tag and that's it . But It just ain't there . Anybody else have this problem ??? Thanks in advance .

JK
$kelet0r
+16|6713
you have to get a new rank to get it
and if you snipe so much why didnt you get it earlier
BudRell
+2|6868|Home
Hard to say WHAT you have to do when there's no "stats" on your nick here...
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6711
Perhaps I'm not inderstanding something here . I was chatting game with someone and they said that I should have picked it earlier as well . So what does that mean ? You can't unlock ALL of the weapons ? You can only unlock all but one ? If so what a stupid thing to do for a game lol .
  Budrell - how do I go about posting my stats ? Is it simply just an avatar with that info in there ?
Thanks in advance .

JK
Adonlude
+2|6810
OK, Go to the home page of this site, click on the UBAR button, click on the Ranks icon. That page will show you how many golbal points you need to attain each rank. It will also tell you which rank you get unlocks at. Your last unlock will be given to you at 50000 points.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6711
ok so it roughly took me 5-6 months to get over 26,000 points globaly . Now I'm at the half way mark and I'm basically starting all over again to get a POS rifle that has the same power as my origional rifle ??? I'm at a loss of words . Oh wait - F EA !
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6712|S.E. United States
I noticed on the new patch "fixed list" it said...
Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
AA missile lock has been improved
Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
"Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
"Prone Spamming" is now fixed
"Sprint exploit" is now fixed
The Sa80 weapon has been improved
The G3A3 weapon has been improved
Reload while sprinting has been enabled
Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
Damage decreased for the M134
Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
Server search filters now work properly
All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
Flash bang effect radius decreased
Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits ********************
Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.

dont know if you had a bug,but looks like there's a fix***********************

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-01-14 07:47:20)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6722|Devon, England
well, why the hell would u want the m95? its crap! svd, type 88 and m24 are the best guns u can get.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6771|England
SVD is good for scaring the shit out of people with the multiple shots my favourate now anyways.
Id even take the M24 over m95, only really use m95 if theres dumb pilots you can easily shoot through the glass
RDMC_old
+0|6767|Almere, Holland

jonnykill wrote:

I have over a thousand snipes . I have over 26,000 Global points . I have tons of Medals and the like and no unlocked M95 . WTF over ?
You have to promote dammit! then unlock the damn gun!
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6712|S.E. United States
The Type 88 and the SVD are functionally the same (though the zoom sight picture differs). They are very accurate weapons, but not as accurate or damaging as the M24, especially at longer ranges, though long range shots are still quite possible. Rapid-firing an SVD/Type 88 incurs very harsh accuracy and recoil penalties, (making them less accurate than an AK-47 after the second shot!) so it is best to pause a moment between each shot whenever possible.

It is possible to get a one-shot-to-the-head kill with either of these rifles, but it will take three shots to the torso to kill a full health player.

The M24 is the most accurate zoomed weapon in the game and tied for most damage per single shot with the M95. This accuracy and damage comes with a price; small ammo load and long cycle time between shots, and the need to re-zoom after every shot.

Try to aim for the head on stationary targets, since a head shot is an instant kill, unless you know the guy has been shot before, then aim for the chest. If your target is running, you’ll need to lead the target, and aim for the chest, you will be more likely to hit him than you will be if aiming for the head. Keep in mind this gun is bolt-action, meaning it will take time to retract and reinsert the bolt after firing. So make sure you take time to line up your shot and make it count the first time. You’ll have to take your eye away from the scope after firing, so you’ll also lose your track on the target. It is often worth making one M24 shot and then follow it with one pistol hit for a kill

**The M95 is not the most accurate sniper rifle, nor is it the most damaging. It does have the ability to shoot through cockpit glass, and that may be the reason that some damage numbers for the weapon show higher than the M24, but in actual practice it does the same damage to a player as the M24, requiring two hits to the torso to kill (or one head shot)

Accuracy-wise, it is functionally the same as the SVD/Type 88, though the “bullet drop” factor at longer ranges may give the M95 an edge with longer shots. While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available.

The M95 is a solid choice for MEC/PLA snipers as an unlock, as it gives them more damage per shot than the standard sniper rifle, and can be a good choice for the USMC player as well, if the need for shooting aircraft crew is important. It should be noted, however, that hitting a moving helicopter or jet crewman with an M95 is extremely rare.

It does have a drawback at long ranges, the width of the crosshairs in the scope make it more difficult to line up head shots than any

**looks as though the m24's your best sniper weapon choice...

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-01-14 08:10:18)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6716|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

KillerYaNk wrote:

The Type 88 and the SVD are functionally the same (though the zoom sight picture differs). They are very accurate weapons, but not as accurate or damaging as the M24, especially at longer ranges, though long range shots are still quite possible. Rapid-firing an SVD/Type 88 incurs very harsh accuracy and recoil penalties, (making them less accurate than an AK-47 after the second shot!) so it is best to pause a moment between each shot whenever possible.

It is possible to get a one-shot-to-the-head kill with either of these rifles, but it will take three shots to the torso to kill a full health player.

The M24 is the most accurate zoomed weapon in the game and tied for most damage per single shot with the M95. This accuracy and damage comes with a price; small ammo load and long cycle time between shots, and the need to re-zoom after every shot.

Try to aim for the head on stationary targets, since a head shot is an instant kill, unless you know the guy has been shot before, then aim for the chest. If your target is running, you’ll need to lead the target, and aim for the chest, you will be more likely to hit him than you will be if aiming for the head. Keep in mind this gun is bolt-action, meaning it will take time to retract and reinsert the bolt after firing. So make sure you take time to line up your shot and make it count the first time. You’ll have to take your eye away from the scope after firing, so you’ll also lose your track on the target. It is often worth making one M24 shot and then follow it with one pistol hit for a kill

**The M95 is not the most accurate sniper rifle, nor is it the most damaging. It does have the ability to shoot through cockpit glass, and that may be the reason that some damage numbers for the weapon show higher than the M24, but in actual practice it does the same damage to a player as the M24, requiring two hits to the torso to kill (or one head shot)

Accuracy-wise, it is functionally the same as the SVD/Type 88, though the “bullet drop” factor at longer ranges may give the M95 an edge with longer shots. While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available.

The M95 is a solid choice for MEC/PLA snipers as an unlock, as it gives them more damage per shot than the standard sniper rifle, and can be a good choice for the USMC player as well, if the need for shooting aircraft crew is important. It should be noted, however, that hitting a moving helicopter or jet crewman with an M95 is extremely rare.

It does have a drawback at long ranges, the width of the crosshairs in the scope make it more difficult to line up head shots than any

**looks as though the m24's your best sniper weapon choice...
evry one says that the m95 is not as accurate but it is the same it is just that the crosshairs are a bit bigger then the m 24,  i personaly do not have the gun but i have used many time on other people accounts (friends family ect.)  both are very good gun in my piont of view.  the type 88 and SVD are good for nothing unless you like losing accurcy pionts.  their are pop shot guns close range 100meters max any further your pretty much S.O.L.  the m95 is agruably the bes or 2nd best sniper gun for long range their is not as much bulletfrop and you got more ammo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why aim for the chest

When you can hit the head

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard