superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

Death Call for Celebrity Bear: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03 … index.html

animal rights activists want a polar bear cub who was born in captivity but rejected by his mother to be put to death.  why? because the zookeepers took care of him so that he would survive.

i love animals and have three dogs and a cat.  on the other hand i don't get animal activist.  those fuckers are insane in the membrane.

Meet the Potential Death Row Inmate: Knut the Baby Polar Bear

btw, if you've never seen Penn and Teller's Bullshit show on PETA, you should check it out:
http://media.putfile.com/petaBS
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6773|Rotherham, England
Aww, thought this was gonna be a flash game link or summat

But on topic and seriously,
Yeah I don't understand these so called activists. All I ever seem to see them do is moan and whine about everything possible. Their view is guaranteed to be the opposite to anyone else's just so they can have something else to moan about.

/rant (before I get carried away and this ends up as a 1000 word essay)
weamo8
+50|6444|USA
I once hung out with a group of friends that were all vegans and big into animal rights activism.  Several of them got arrested in protests and such.  Ironically, or hypicritcally, or whatever, 3 of the most rabid activists took terrible care of their own pets.  Malnutrition and such.

In my personal experience I have often seen activists who are activists for their own sakes.  They want others to see them as enlightened and compassionate, and they love to feel like they are so much better than those who disagree with them.  90% of the time they are nothing more than self-righteous hypocrites.  Like all liberals, they dont really care about anything more than themselves and they are completely illogical (before the hate starts, that sentance was about 75% sarcasm).

What kind of heartless son of a bitch can push killing a baby polar bear?
theelviscerator
+19|6290
Animal rights twits seem to be Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy types.

They should be run over by snowplows.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6369|Columbus, Ohio

theelviscerator wrote:

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

wtfug.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

usmarine2007 wrote:

theelviscerator wrote:

yeah the "activists"  are so full of shit it ain't funny - I like to hunt and I do my own taxidermy, cleaning and I either keep and eat what I kill or I give to friends or family , and these "activists" would love for me and everyother hunter in the world to stop immediatly and lay down our guns but then what have a HUGE population growth of animals - deer are the #1 killer in america ( running out into the roads ) but if we don't hunt them and keep the population controlled then america is going to have to deal with getting rid of the rotting corpse of deer that died of starvation and dealing with the spread of diseases

/rant       sorry for the long 1 but I hate "activists"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
Polar Bear Pie is quite nice. You should all try it. Yummmmmm.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6281
From the same article:

"The killing of an animal has nothing to do with animal protection," said Wolfgang Apel, head of the German Federation for the Protection of Animals.
According to AP, Greens politician Undine Kurth called the suggestion "fully unacceptable."
The German animal rights organization "Four Paws" have argued it would not be right to punish the cub for a bad decision made by the zoo.
Sounds like they have their heads on straight. Killing animals from a species that may eventually be threatened or endangered is just plain stuck on stupid.

As far as PETA, fuck them. They may have done some good here and there but mostly they're just media attention whores who don't seem to get that putting models in animal pattern body paint isn't going to make the average person think "Wow, we really need to be better stewards of nature", rather it'll be more like "OMG bewbs!". Paul Watson is really no better, he's done more amazing direct action than either PETA or Greenpeace but he's also a vile racist jackass who seems to think it's up to the white Europeans to save the earth from all the untermenschen screwing it up.

And SEREMAKER, you're obviously not a slob hunter so nobody with more than half a brain wants you to put your rifles away for good. I vastly prefer meat that isn't full of hormones and antibiotics and isn't from an animal raised standing in its own waste and fed the ground up remains of its own kind. There is a wedge being driven between those who live from the land and those who want to make sure there is a living to be had off the land. We should be asking why, but we are not.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm sure not all animal rights people are calling for the killing of this bear.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
LOL the bast story I ever heard about Animal rights activists was about an incident in Russia.
About 50 of them surround a pig farm and start raising hell. The farmer tells them to fuck off, get off his land.
The activists start yelling and screaming and start tearing up the fencing holding the pigs in. They managed to rip apart a section of the fence to let the pigs free. The pigs see the hole and run for it. They proceeded to stampede the activists and run over them killing 10 or 12 of them. Fucking Irony at it's best

Last edited by jonnykill (2007-03-20 18:16:17)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

From the same article:

"The killing of an animal has nothing to do with animal protection," said Wolfgang Apel, head of the German Federation for the Protection of Animals.
According to AP, Greens politician Undine Kurth called the suggestion "fully unacceptable."
The German animal rights organization "Four Paws" have argued it would not be right to punish the cub for a bad decision made by the zoo.
Sounds like they have their heads on straight. Killing animals from a species that may eventually be threatened or endangered is just plain stuck on stupid.

As far as PETA, fuck them. They may have done some good here and there but mostly they're just media attention whores who don't seem to get that putting models in animal pattern body paint isn't going to make the average person think "Wow, we really need to be better stewards of nature", rather it'll be more like "OMG bewbs!". Paul Watson is really no better, he's done more amazing direct action than either PETA or Greenpeace but he's also a vile racist jackass who seems to think it's up to the white Europeans to save the earth from all the untermenschen screwing it up.

And SEREMAKER, you're obviously not a slob hunter so nobody with more than half a brain wants you to put your rifles away for good. I vastly prefer meat that isn't full of hormones and antibiotics and isn't from an animal raised standing in its own waste and fed the ground up remains of its own kind. There is a wedge being driven between those who live from the land and those who want to make sure there is a living to be had off the land. We should be asking why, but we are not.
Great post as usual...     100% agreement here....
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6281

Turquoise wrote:

Great post as usual...     100% agreement here....
Thanks man. On the whole it just galls me that almost all the intelligent and outstanding activist leaders are either dead or in prison and we're stuck with the loons, the profiteers and the provocateurs. PETA, they're worse than useless to me. A joke. It sure as hell wasn't them that put their own asses on the line to get footage from inside OHSU's primate research center out here in Portland. That's the kind of thing that changes peoples' minds when they see it, not anorexic models with implants in body paint.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard