RimReaper
+8|6720
Hey everyone,

I tried looking this up and there are lots of discussions about which gun to unlock, but I have a weird question. 

I have one unlock still remaining, and I'm not sure if I should use it or wait till the new patch comes out.  Will we most likely get a  freebie unlock regardless, or if I use it now will I have to wait until I rank up again in another 20,000 points (4 months)?  I want to see what the new Sniper/AT unlocks are all about
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6716|Illinois
My guess is that we'll get a freebie unlock most likely BUT don't quote me on that.
SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA
If they don't give us more unlocks with the patch, they'd be making anyone at Sgt. Major / 2LT wait until the realease of Euro Force to even try out the 2 new guns. I don't think that would sit well. You'll get more unlock slots.
RimReaper
+8|6720
thanks fellas!  Maybe I'll just blow the unlock on something nice for myself

I deserve a treat.  Maybe an F2000 with matching Grenade Launcher
Blankwindow
+1|6741
I'm more curious than anything what the new weapons will be. a silence accurate if weak sniper rifle would be nice as well as something automatic and decent power for the AT. (don't get me wrong I love my DAO 12 and am slowly inching my way up the rankings for shotgun because of it. but there are times when a full auto or a good burst weapon are better. I dunno what my shotgun rank is now since i haven't played any the last couple of weeks except for one two hour stent but last a look around three weeks ago i was ranked about 6500 with shotguns and most of that because of the DAO.)
jhoo8116
+0|6742|Seattle
The sniper gun for the Europeans: L96A1

It's essentially the Arctic Warfare Magnum in CounterStrike.

Will this be the unlock?

Many questions linger; for one, if EuroForce is meant to be integratable with BF2-Vanilla, then it makes no sense that the L96A1 will be the new unlock (kinda like the sniper unlock being M95, instead of M24 or SVD). If the L96A1 is the unlock, then EuroForce will require a new icon.
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6857|Toronto, Canada
The l96A1 will be the sniper unlock, and the p90 for anti tank.
reg-waters
+0|6695
well theres going to be added ranks so i would think theres maybe more unlocks in upcoming booster packs
rombaft
+0|6741|belgium
some testers say you can get the unlocks in the patch, even without having the booster packs .

About extra ranks, my guess is they will fill up the gap between Sergeant major and sec luit , and put some extra ranks above sec luit also
Drunkaholic
+4|6741

jhoo8116 wrote:

Will this be the unlock?

Many questions linger; for one, if EuroForce is meant to be integratable with BF2-Vanilla, then it makes no sense that the L96A1 will be the new unlock (kinda like the sniper unlock being M95, instead of M24 or SVD). If the L96A1 is the unlock, then EuroForce will require a new icon.
No it won't. the L96 is the second sniper unlock because you would normally only be able to use it on maps with Europeans.  This way, you can unlock it for Vanilla maps, i.e. Karkand.

And for those of you saying you can't try the new unlocks out even if you're 2nd lieutenant, check your math.  At 2nd Lieutenant you will have exactly enough unlocks.

Last edited by Drunkaholic (2006-01-16 21:22:15)

SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA

Drunkaholic wrote:

jhoo8116 wrote:

Will this be the unlock?

No it won't. the L96 is the second sniper unlock because you would normally only be able to use it on maps with Europeans.  This way, you can unlock it for Vanilla maps, i.e. Karkand.

And for those of you saying you can't try the new unlocks out even if you're 2nd lieutenant, check your math.  At 2nd Lieutenant you will have exactly enough unlocks.
At the moment, getting to 2LT doesn't get you a damn thing. Stop refering to what you think will happen as if it is a known fact. EA isn't going to put in 2 new unlockables and then tell 99% of the bf2 players that they can't use them until they get 200,000 points. They will most likely shift it downward so the extra unlocks start earlier, therefore giving the higher ranked people more as well.

Last edited by SpecialOp21 (2006-01-16 21:30:59)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

It will probably be identical to SF. I suggest that you save your remaining unlock RimReaper. You'll only be able to get the new unlocks if you have the first for that class, for example after SF came out you had to unlcok the L85A1 to get the G36E. There will be new ranks added in the new patch so probably more unlockable weapons will be included at a later date. As Drunkaholic pointed out at 2nd Lieutenant you have all 14 unlocks anyway.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au

Tyferra wrote:

If you want a vision of the future,
Imagine a boot standing on a human face.
Shihad - Factory
Hey!
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
George Orwell

they rock, and read

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard