Raphi
Banned
+354|6269|Basel, Switzerland
Hello m8tes. I just want to know who gets kicked by servers with ping-kicking. Sometimes i've got like 10 seconds lag. Just 10 seconds because my norton antivirus is searching a virus. So i get kicked often by servers with punkbuster. I hate that, cuz sometimes they ban and i loose they points i have fight for... Just write your name down if you have got the same problem. Thanks
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6541|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
just put auto scan of and scan manually weekly
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

That's not ping kicking. Lagging of your computer because of AV software is has nothing to do with 'ping'.

Ping is all about your connection. Yes, if it's a high ping, it will slow you down, but if you lag only because of your AV software, then it's not your connection at all.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6493|Birmingham UK
im with u
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|NÃ¥rvei

Sometimes i hate ping kicking but its totally understandable, and with a ping of 200+ its no fun playing anyway .....
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Raphi
Banned
Yeh, but it worked for me with bf2, what's the problem with 2142?
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6715|Central Valley,California
I sure do, since I get lag spikes because Comcast doesn't know how to run an internet service.

Last edited by Fuzzball_the_Shooter (2007-03-18 09:29:35)

Raphi
Banned
If i have got problems with my computer, i have got problems with my net connection...
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

sometimes I will get ping spikes because something else is accessing the network and that will sometimes will get me kicked. same goes for bf2 though as well. IMO they should implement a ping-kicker that if you break the limit for a minute you get kicked and not if your ping jumps for 2-3 seconds.

Also my ADSL messes up once in a while. Swisscom (who owns the networks) should get their act together and not crash their severs every few days so i can't get online. I cant get cable here so there is no way to switch. grrr....

@ Killah: what type of internet (cable, ADSL, ...) and what provider do you have?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Raphi
Banned
Bluewin ADSL, what city are you from?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

KillahStyle wrote:

Bluewin ADSL
does your internet also completely crash every few weeks, or do they only torture us "Innnerschweizer"
what city are you from?
meggen, LU
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Raphi
Banned
That's a good question. I've got always problems with bearshare and with norton antivirus. I think it is'nt a problem of the "Innerschweizer". lol
Dwit
+34|6521
I'm in.... its really ^$%$....
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.
I have never once been kicked because of high ping in bf2/2142 I just join servers with lower ping....
MrEzeuss
+26|6401|Nethterlands (ZH)
I hate it when kicked players keep comming back.
Sure i know how awfull it must be to get kicked because of high ping, but hey, you are f*ck!ng up the gameplay of other people.
The need of the many....
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6281|Germany, NRW
btw: you don't loose points if u get banned
jamiet757
+138|6633

Varegg wrote:

Sometimes i hate ping kicking but its totally understandable, and with a ping of 200+ its no fun playing anyway .....
and its also no fun for anyone who gets near the same spot as you on the map, they lag so bad its not possible to play
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6771

jamiet757 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

and its also no fun for anyone who gets near the same spot as you on the map, they lag so bad its not possible to play
Not true. I regularly get pings of 200+, but I don't lag at all, and neither do the people around me. I think it has something to with having wireless net.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

Ping kicking is set up in bf2cc, not punkbuster.  Our server kicks at 275, it just helps to keep it lag free.  I've never heard of anyone getting banned from it?  You can't set that up in bf2cc.  Our server is west coast US and we have all sorts of Europe people in it.  It is popular in Germany/Japan, during the night, which keeps it up 24/7 for us
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6504|N. Ireland
i once got kicked for a high ping of 80. i swear i had a screenshot but can't find it.
Raphi
Banned
lol that's what i mean
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6537|Milkystania, yurop
Dont download pron when ur gamin
Dont have any instant msg programs up and running
Scan for spyware

And yes it sucks makes me P.O
Stealth_Bain
+19|6508|England, United Kingdom
I hate the servers without ping kicking, you have someone running aorund with a 400+ ping slowing the whole lot down for everyone!

I tend to search for servers that I get less than 100 ping! really helps when sniping!
Fluffypanda
+0|6656|Norway
I dont play bf2142, but i guess this thread is also relevant to bf2. Pretty much all my kicks are from high ping kicks, and 90% of the time its becasue of my moron roommates it pisses me off.....
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6644|Florida

Talon wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Not true. I regularly get pings of 200+, but I don't lag at all, and neither do the people around me. I think it has something to with having wireless net.
I agree. I play with a buddy and often get a ping above 200... I get no lag and my buddy is never affected by my high ping. On servers that don't kick for ping, people are amazed that I have a ping over 300 but I am number one on the server.... I for one hate that I get kicked all the time. My internet just sucks.... but I can still pwn.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard