R@ge
+33|6350|Norway

Omnideath wrote:

well, safe to say im hooked.
LooL..

nice to hear that.. now.. go and tell your friends...
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6574|NYC / Hamburg

Omnideath wrote:

well, safe to say im hooked.
same here. I <3 PRMM 0.5
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

Superior Mind wrote:

oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
oh yeah pr > vanilla
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

Omnideath wrote:

well, lets hope youre right. im dl'ing it right now.
Ya same, its supposed to take a dump on Vanilla and PoE2.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6342|Oregon
I love it.
Takes some getting used to.
But it's great.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

djphetal wrote:

I love it.
But it's great.
I think the best thing about it is when you're shooting at a person at a distance, they're unlikely to see you, much less turn around and blast you away, and it only takes about 3 bullets to kill.  Also, finally the gun barrel imitates the recoil shown in the bullet paths, so you can fire faster than on BF2, provided you can keep your sights centred on the target while doing it.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6342|Oregon

some_random_panda wrote:

djphetal wrote:

I love it.
But it's great.
I think the best thing about it is when you're shooting at a person at a distance, they're unlikely to see you, much less turn around and blast you away, and it only takes about 3 bullets to kill.  Also, finally the gun barrel imitates the recoil shown in the bullet paths, so you can fire faster than on BF2, provided you can keep your sights centred on the target while doing it.
YES
Sylvanis
+13|6642|Toronto, Ontario
Assuming you have good teammates who know how to use the squads effectivly, I agree that PR is way better than vanilla.  Unfortunatly my experiences today were of squadleaders who couldn't drop a rally point for their life and teammates who looked like a bunch of de-headed chickens.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6574|NYC / Hamburg

Sylvanis wrote:

Assuming you have good teammates who know how to use the squads effectivly, I agree that PR is way better than vanilla.  Unfortunatly my experiences today were of squadleaders who couldn't drop a rally point for their life and teammates who looked like a bunch of de-headed chickens.
join another squad. In my experience there is always 1 or 2 good SLs around
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

If you have VOIP, which you should, than join VOIP squads or Teamwork squads. Even if its a squad of 6 average players, the communication between you will make the game much more enjoyable and it will make you much more effective.
I try to avoid Alpha and Beta squads. They are often unorganized and full of newbies for some reason. Also often the guy who creates them leaves and someone who has no idea becomes a squad leader. This is true for BF2 and BF2142 also.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6708
I love it sooooo much!

The maps are not too open, there are loads of closed city maps. You just haven't played them.
Also it is ranked. You do have stats, just no unlocks.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6745|Comber, Northern Ireland

Superior Mind wrote:

oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
good riddens
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6650|United States - Illinois
PRM is unbelievable [PERIOD]
I play on a squad based server Tactical Gamers (you have to join a squad within 90 secs or be kicked).  Teamplay is far superior to vanilla and the kit system is great.  You don't have noobs stealing vehicles or helos and it is an entirely different player base of mature individuals that truly want to use tactics and not just run around like idiots.  And i love the spawn system where by every time you die it adds a second to your spawn time.  It gives you more reason to stay alive, not go RAMBO, and stay with your squad.

I despise quick spawn PRM servers.  THey should just go back to vanilla.  I'm excited for the official PRM servers coming soon.  Where by only PRM developers settings are permitted.

If you like solo play stay away. 
If you like RAMBOING stay away
If you like driving in a vehicle alone stay away
If you like plane whoring stay away
If you like vanilla play style just stay the hell away.

I would rather have a small commited then a community of nubs
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
Wow i'd hate to have the pressure of joining a squad within 90 seconds.

My game takes about 80 seconds to load,so i'd have to be rushing around to join a squad...

I'm going to play the mod tomorow,i'd just like to know if Jets/Helis are in Pilot mode and if you can't change the view.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6614|Edinburgh

jord wrote:

I'm going to play the mod tomorow,i'd just like to know if Jets/Helis are in Pilot mode and if you can't change the view.
You can look behind, but no fly past etc  I don't think you can remove the cockpit from your heli view so landing needs a bit more skill
DesertFox
+4|6476
You know I thought the name Superior_Mind rang a bell! I banned you from the DevFile.com 24/7 Al Basrah server for glitching!!!!
DesertFox
+4|6476

jord wrote:

Wow i'd hate to have the pressure of joining a squad within 90 seconds.

My game takes about 80 seconds to load,so i'd have to be rushing around to join a squad...

Time starts when you hit join game. A-10's have a behind view if the server has it enabled, helis dont.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

DesertFox wrote:

You know I thought the name Superior_Mind rang a bell! I banned you from the DevFile.com 24/7 Al Basrah server for glitching!!!!
Haha, pwned.

OH: and remove the fkin ping kick, im in australia and i get kicked whenever i try to join your server. Its a good server couse its 24 basrah.

Last edited by Doms (2007-03-16 03:29:46)

DesertFox
+4|6476

Doms wrote:

DesertFox wrote:

Haha, pwned.

OH: and remove the fkin ping kick, im in australia and i get kicked whenever i try to join your server. Its a good server couse its 24 basrah.
Its set to like 450, how can you play with 450!!
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712
I downloaded PR 4 months ago and have not even had the desire to play regularBF2 yet.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712

Superior Mind wrote:

Hey wern't you the guy who hacked with the A-10 on Al Basrah?
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Hey wern't you the guy who hacked with the A-10 on Al Basrah?
Oh superior, you and your BBQH4X
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

Doms wrote:

DesertFox wrote:

Haha, pwned.

Doms, join BIGDY or Internode servers.  They're the most popular and they both have low ping for Australian Users.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6728|Sydney, Australia
Doms, who is your ISP (and what internet type do you have)? I play on Devfile just fine. I have ADSL2+...

Mcminty.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

mcminty wrote:

Doms, who is your ISP (and what internet type do you have)? I play on Devfile just fine. I have ADSL2+...

Mcminty.
Yo, ima with Optus, not sure about my plan exactly. However, i spend about 3/4 of the month with good internet connecting, i can look @ 40k + pages without wait, and the rest of the time i get 300+ pings on GA and aussie servers. Same goes with 2142.....300+ pings on GA. Im changing to II.net soon, optus is very unreliable and i can get better connections for the same price with II.net.

Just found out i have to pay $49 a month for Optus. And i get Broadband2 on II.net for the same price. Go figure.

some_random_panda wrote:

Doms wrote:

DesertFox wrote:

Haha, pwned.

Doms, join BIGDY or Internode servers.  They're the most popular and they both have low ping for Australian Users.
Tried, and failed.

Last edited by Doms (2007-03-17 03:31:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard