+145|6527|Belgium
You might want to add:
Easy to find a good server / Hardly any Mashtuur servers

But yeah, mashtuur is better :p
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

1927(h) wrote:

I disagree, for me Sharqi is the best map as the battle seems closer, ie you spawn and face fire.  Just like Mashtuur a helicopter can dominate the round.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Talon wrote:

Only one or two good places for sniping/many places to snipe, but enough paths to dodge snipers. (unlike Wake, for example)
Eh wrong, Karkand has tons of places to snipe from, and even if it didnt, THIS WOULD BE IN ITS FAVOUR!
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6626|Muenster, Germany

Teeksy90 wrote:

good comparison +1
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6423|Browntown
Sharqi is the best regular map, but if we're talking about ALL of the maps, Warlord takes the cake.
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6475|Liverpool, England
Mash is my best map for sniping as it is so easy.

Karkand gets on my nerves and jallalala etc is poor IMO.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6462

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Talon wrote:

Support and medic classes only ones worth using/other classes are viable as well as those two
WRONG
Everything is useful there, AT, i mean come on, Assult whoops ass there using the f2000

overall, karkand ownz mashtuur
comming from someone whos majority of playing time is on karkand.
T.E.A.R-=Cleric=-
+0|6388|Visalia,Ca
[url=http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=animo06]don't click this link...[/url]
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6498|Valley of the Dragons

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Sharqi is the best regular map, but if we're talking about ALL of the maps, Warlord takes the cake.
Sharqi in the regular rotation. The overall best map is Devil's Perch offcourse.
T.E.A.R-=Cleric=-
+0|6388|Visalia,Ca
eh i still like strike at karkand infantry only i get anywhere from 120-200 points per round and theres no gay arty
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
whiners, karkand is miles better than mashtuur. Snipe much?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
psH
Banned
+217|6381|Sydney
mashtuur OWNS karkand, no arguing, thats teh bottom line.
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6709|ATL
Frankly I would rather play neither. The main reason is there are no jets or choppers. Karkand is way too overplayed. Also it really sucks when the other team has both tanks in Mashtuur and rapes, which happens a lot when you're on a crap team.

People need to play SF more!! Ghosttown is my favorite map now.

Last edited by Nd4Spdr (2007-03-16 19:27:57)

Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6196|Reno, NV
Personally, I love mashtuur because the enemy has to be really on their game to avoid having a good squad taking their gas station and hill within 5 mins while the enemy is dealing with defensive threats at all allied flag pts. I usually run a squad of all colors to destroy assets, vehicles, taking flags, and wiping out squads/lone wolves. Best squad I run in mashtuur consists of mostly friends who love the team play aspect and we usually have the following kits:
Sniper (me...squad leader)
Medic (stays pretty close to me and allows me to get up to +15 kills per round and 0-1 deaths. Goes in last to help out capping flags. Friend of mine likes to just stay away from flag capping cuz ya never know when disaster might strike.)
Support (another gunner and usually is more effective at staying back with me and be last to go in a cap a flag)
Spec ops (almost like having another sniper on the team with that good ol unlock of his, tank destroyer, flag capper; 2nd to go in to cap a flag.)
Anti tank (takes out vehicles defending flags and great at circling flag point and clearing out pesky flag defenders via auto shotgun.)
Assault kit (the man for going in first and capping flags. This guy usually pwns with his good ol unlocked G3.)

Most of all, YOU NEED A GOOD COMMANDER WITH A MIC! There's so much more you can offer to your team if you can communicate well with a good commander. Instead of just running straight in to cap a flag ask for a scan if not UAV to find out how heavy the defense might be. More often then not there's that one sniper who'll linger back near the gas station outside the UAV who'll make your life a living hell. An often spoke of tip but hardly used is to rotate squad leader if you die and there's only 1-2 squadies attacking a specific target. #1 reason medic goes in last. Medic will stay unnoticed and become squad leader soon enough for you to respawn on him along with other squadies. Try it out. I guarantee success with practice. Check out the sniping/claymore guide on wiki and you'll have a hefty kill vs death count. Good luck!
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6275|Mo Val, Cali
Just looking at the front page alone, every single person who said they liked mashtuur and I could see their stats, had karkand as their most played map and only like 1 didn't but still he played karkand longer than mashtuur. Obviously karkand is the most popular map and whoops any other map.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
argh, people keep saying infantry map, and then say something about tanks or helis.
#rekt
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6275|Mo Val, Cali
Either way I like Karkand. Although I Basically only play IO when I first started I played vehicles. I played other maps for so long then I played Karkand once and just stuck with it. Then after awhile I stumbled on IO and liked that even more.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6537|The Lost Highway

S.J.N.P.0717 wrote:

Just looking at the front page alone, every single person who said they liked mashtuur and I could see their stats, had karkand as their most played map and only like 1 didn't but still he played karkand longer than mashtuur. Obviously karkand is the most popular map and whoops any other map.
Its easier to find a server on Karkand than it is Mashtuur.

I prefer Mashtuur, but can rarely find a good server running it.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6712|US
Sharqi is my favorite.  It has a TON of paths for infantry to dodge tanks/Vodniks, the choppers make it more 3 dimensional, there are lots of great places for creative snipers, and things are close.
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6334

mKmalfunction wrote:

S.J.N.P.0717 wrote:

Its easier to find a server on Karkand than it is Mashtuur.

I prefer Mashtuur, but can rarely find a good server running it.
Insomnia 365 server is the only server that is populated that runs it 24/7. That server is nearly always populated though
t0mhank5
+319|6709|Surge
Soon, soon i tell you, Mashtuur will be my top map!
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6275|Mo Val, Cali

t0mhank5 wrote:

Soon, soon i tell you, Mashtuur will be my top map!
You have approximately 27 days before that time assuming you consistently play as usual and play nothing but Mashtuur. Even after that time you know,... deep down in your heart,...  KARKAND RULES!

"Its easier to find a server on Karkand than it is Mashtuur."

Wonder why that is?
ScoutStrike
+37|6251
Mashtuur is best with vehicles, on IO it's such a long walk from A to B. Karkand is better with vechices too actually, I love it when a squad of medics is being raped by a single tank.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6525|Panama
Mashtuur infantry is almost the best there is.. Karkand is getting notorious because of the statspadders/glitchers
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6275|Mo Val, Cali
Well because it's so popular there's going to be more glitchers and stats padders. Glitchers can be dealt with if there's and admin on or a kickvote. The only way someone could stat pad on Karkand IO is if they keep killing and reviving someone but that's easily spottable. They'll be 1 or 2 guys on your team in one spot for a long time and have an outrageous score so could just use a kickvote or admin. But even if they did, the only way it would hinder your gaming experience is if you were going to get a badge.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard