Magius5.0
+106|6352|UMass Amherst
So I played BF2 a few days ago, after months of playing Battlefield 2142.  I thought I'd hop back into a jet or a tank and just have some fun on Wake or Karkand, I needed some time off.

Hell apparently froze over by the time I got back--and I'm not talking about 2142 either.

Half the servers I browse that are ranked are infantry only.
There are still major twats who TK for the goddamn armor and other whorage vehicles.
Admins are complete bastards these days.
The K&P servers seem rampant.
Medic class still unbalanced.  Don't get me started on that one, Assault is still the shittiest class in the game.
No one ever makes a squad--and for that matter, no one knows even the slightest concept of teamwork.  BF 2142 doesn't have half this many retards.

WHAT THE FOOK HAPPENED TO THE BF2 I KNEW?!!!

Seriously, I uninstalled BF2.  After 330 hours playing starting roughly a year ago, I've had enough of this now-rampant bullshit that didn't seem all that bad at first.  Infantry Only KILLED this game for one thing--it's like a horribly bad version of Counter-Strike, with even more bullshit from lag, bunny hopping, and so on.  Or just grenade spamming.  I anticipate microwaving my Deluxe Edition BF2 CD's (all five of them) sometime in the near future...this game has died and must be allowed to be buried.

Teamwork never works unless you get clans--because there's no incentive to follow orders.  People TK over armor because they believe the punishment is outweighed by the killing spree they'll go on.  There are wide-spread accusations of hacks, micros, the list goes on.  And now I hear EA themselves is taking over the ROE--not that I cared, but now we'll get all sorts of shit anytime someone bitches'oh he's better than me, he must hack.'  More importantly, the last patch may have fixed many things, but I/O killed the game; it's slowly stagnating and I'm amazed people are stupid enough to keep doing the same stupid stuff...over and over again.

I'm heading back to the frozen wastes of BF 2142...where not everyone is completely idiotic.

(on second thought, IM me if you want my game discs...I'll sell em cheap.)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
well i suppose nobody is gonna miss you.
way to stick it too everyone....buy the product, then bitch about it. then buy another product....are you going to make another one of these posts about 2142 in a year?
oh well, have fun with 2142 with all of the cool lasers an gadgets.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6666|South Africa
At the end of the day, it matters only what servers you join and whom you squad with.

BF2, imho is still alive and kicking. And i'm still having an awesome time doing it

(but then again, i have been playing with the same players on the same servers for 900+ hours)
Magius5.0
+106|6352|UMass Amherst

Parker wrote:

way to stick it too everyone....buy the product, then bitch about it. then buy another product....are you going to make another one of these posts about 2142 in a year?
2142 trumps BF2 in terms of teamwork.  There's incentive to do it; I could go into the intricacies of Pavlov's dogs if you want me to get detailed, but it's late and I'm about to head to bed.

Either way, I'll never tire of BF2142...because I'm just that damn good at it.
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
Well that was good for a laugh
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Join BF2s servers. We keep them twat-free. AND we have teamwork going on there too.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

Magius5.0 wrote:

Parker wrote:

2142 trumps BF2 in terms of teamwork.  There's incentive to do it; I could go into the intricacies of Pavlov's dogs if you want me to get detailed, but it's late and I'm about to head to bed.

and humble to boot......go ahead and get detailed if you want, i would love to hear your "incentives" for playing a game....eeerrrrr wait, you were talking about the all valuable points werent you?
i get it now.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Join clan servers. Seriously, you mustve drawn the shortest straws or something.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Spark wrote:

Join clan servers. Seriously, you mustve drawn the shortest straws or something.
Some clans are full of douchebags though... And the admins are sometimes abusive as hell.
cosworth1983
+21|6455|Enschede / Netherlands
2 Words....... Project Reality.

Greetz
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

cosworth1983 wrote:

Greetz
Actually when I have played project reality sometimes everyone on server is fucking stupid moron, though finding good teamwork there is much more easier. The fact that some of people don't know how to use APCs for example is just sad... Well anyways it's better than normal at least teamwork vice.

I think if you want teamwork your best shot would be playing with friends.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Magius5.0 wrote:

So I played BF2 a few days ago, after months of playing Battlefield 2142.  I thought I'd hop back into a jet or a tank and just have some fun on Wake or Karkand, I needed some time off.

Hell apparently froze over by the time I got back--and I'm not talking about 2142 either.

1. Half the servers I browse that are ranked are infantry only.
2. There are still major twats who TK for the goddamn armor and other whorage vehicles.
3. Admins are complete bastards these days.
4. The K&P servers seem rampant.
5. Medic class still unbalanced.  Don't get me started on that one, Assault is still the shittiest class in the game.
6. No one ever makes a squad--and for that matter, no one knows even the slightest concept of teamwork.  BF 2142 doesn't have half this many retards.

7. WHAT THE FOOK HAPPENED TO THE BF2 I KNEW?!!!

[snip]bitch[snip]
1. True, but there are still vehicle servers, and some infantry servers host vehicles every few days or so.
2. Nothing new.
3. Nothing new. Most admins aren't.
4. Don't join them then.
5. I agree. They should a) increase assault sprint; b) increase smoke duration; c) increase number of grenades (be them frag, smoke or flashbang)
6. I can't find a server where there aren't any squads. Most of the ones I play on stress teamwork. Many team players have also moved to mods like PoE2 and PR.

7. It aged. IMO, it started going downhill when they turned the Blackhawk's minigun into a peashooter. Hell, the Arabs still get their hovering automatic grenade launcher, so why nerf USMC? Honestly, if the Blackhawk was making Mashtuur unbalanced, they should've added some AA near the middle, or replaced it with medic pontoons.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-16 01:09:43)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
yep there are still some good servers dude , i agree there are a lot IO servers these days and yep some admins still suck , i totally disagree with assault beeing crap , i never knew beeing assault would be that good ... for killing im having great fun at Dragon Valley and Road to jalalabad servers .... you should try it m8

goodluck !
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Magius5.0 wrote:

I like people who quote random stuff from intro level Jr college courses to make them self seem more credible....
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria

Parker wrote:

Exactly!
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

cosworth1983 wrote:

Greetz
yep.
Addict
+8|6314|The Netherlands
So you joined a server and there was no teamwork, well good for you....
ssonrats
+221|6615
BF2 is still a lot of fun to play imo, still my fav game.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6285|Newcastle UK
bf2 sucks imo im sick of getting kicked for jet hacks, yeah i can buy better missiles so they hit your j-10.
Flyjetandkill
Planewhore
+74|6353|The Sky!!!!
Bf2 will never dies!!!!2142 is dying!!!!
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
IO HAS ruined bf2...

i hate it. i made a long rant on it a long time ago. i no longer play IO, only reg server.. i play IO with my clan
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
pebblebash
Banned
+9|6248

Des.Kmal wrote:

IO HAS ruined bf2...

i hate it. i made a long rant on it a long time ago. i no longer play IO, only reg server.. i play IO with my clan
how leet of you
Scardaddy
+37|6362|UK
Yo I love BF2 even though at the moment I have taken a bit of a break.  To tell you the truth I can't take your opinion seriously anyway as I tried to get to grips with 2142, but that whole future thing is for kids, give me reality, like Project Reality or BF2 any day over that over endorsed pile of crap that EA are trying to pawn off to people, when they know full well that they have no intention of supporting the game or add ons.  I'd be surprised if 2142 gets a second booster after Northern Strike, the number of people playing that game must be a fraction of those that played BF2 to begin with.  This is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one, so why don't you tell us yours rather then talking about mine.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
Don't know what kind of shit servers u play on Magius, i barely see any of that stuff. Some idiots forced tks on me the other day but thats the first time in months thats happend.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272

Magius5.0 wrote:

Half the servers I browse that are ranked are infantry only.
There are still major twats who TK for the goddamn armor and other whorage vehicles.
Admins are complete bastards these days.
The K&P servers seem rampant.
Medic class still unbalanced.  Don't get me started on that one, Assault is still the shittiest class in the game.
No one ever makes a squad--and for that matter, no one knows even the slightest concept of teamwork.  BF 2142 doesn't have half this many retards.

WHAT THE FOOK HAPPENED TO THE BF2 I KNEW?!!!

Seriously, I uninstalled BF2.  After 330 hours playing starting roughly a year ago, I've had enough of this now-rampant bullshit that didn't seem all that bad at first.  Infantry Only KILLED this game for one thing--it's like a horribly bad version of Counter-Strike, with even more bullshit from lag, bunny hopping, and so on.  Or just grenade spamming.  I anticipate microwaving my Deluxe Edition BF2 CD's (all five of them) sometime in the near future...this game has died and must be allowed to be buried.

Teamwork never works unless you get clans--because there's no incentive to follow orders.  People TK over armor because they believe the punishment is outweighed by the killing spree they'll go on.  There are wide-spread accusations of hacks, micros, the list goes on.  And now I hear EA themselves is taking over the ROE--not that I cared, but now we'll get all sorts of shit anytime someone bitches'oh he's better than me, he must hack.'  More importantly, the last patch may have fixed many things, but I/O killed the game; it's slowly stagnating and I'm amazed people are stupid enough to keep doing the same stupid stuff...over and over again.

I'm heading back to the frozen wastes of BF 2142...where not everyone is completely idiotic.

(on second thought, IM me if you want my game discs...I'll sell em cheap.)
Lol, Just so you know. Battlefield 2 has always been this way.

Welcome to Battlefield 2! Twat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard