Poll

Area 51, Moved?

Yes41%41% - 15
No58%58% - 21
Total: 36
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6587|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
so the travel channel just had a special on area 51 and all its goodies housed in the base, past and present, and at the end of the show an editor from popular science said that area 51 had been moved to eastern utah and western colorado, to abandoned missile silos for use to test space vehicles. now then the people over at abovetopsecret.com have said it's false. then again, thats what people were saying about the kickass vehicles that have been created at area 51.  heres the thread link on the discussion, it's a couple of years old but there is some good information in it. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread184671/pg1

Also, during the special, the popular science editor (forgot his name) actually drove up to the edge of Groom lake without anyone stopping him, groom lake is well within the perimiter of the base.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

I seem to remember hearing something about Area 51 being declassified recently... let's see if I can find an article.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
I'm sure that if it was moved it would be broadcast on the Travel Channel. Of course.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
allegedly moved, government said nothing about it, but when you stand on the edge of Groom Lake, and not get shot at, then something has happend.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

I'm pretty sure if it moved, it wouldn't be called Area 51 anymore, they would change the number. Right? Maybe I'm wrong.

But I don't think they would move. After years of adding a new runway and more hangars, why would they?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
better secrecy, where they moved it was into the desolate regions of utah and colorado, i think near Mitchell AFB which has alot of biological weapons testing such as nerve agents, that would deter alot of people. plus they need missile silos to launch space vehicles. Missile silos are very expensive to build, so why not use the old ones in utah.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

I can't seem to find the digg article, from what I could find it seems like mostly hearsay and rumor, but with something as secretive as Area 51 who can say for sure?
SoC./Omega
+122|6533|Omaha, Nebraska!

seymorebutts443 wrote:

so the travel channel just had a special on area 51 and all its goodies housed in the base, past and present, and at the end of the show an editor from popular science said that area 51 had been moved to eastern utah and western colorado, to abandoned missile silos for use to test space vehicles. now then the people over at abovetopsecret.com have said it's false. then again, thats what people were saying about the kickass vehicles that have been created at area 51.  heres the thread link on the discussion, it's a couple of years old but there is some good information in it. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread184671/pg1

Also, during the special, the popular science editor (forgot his name) actually drove up to the edge of Groom lake without anyone stopping him, groom lake is well within the perimiter of the base.
I've heard this stuff many times, its possible they moved all the GOOD goodies in it, but I'm still guessing that they still have top secret vehicles in there, just not as important ones.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6518|Milkystania, yurop
Well if I was in charge I would have moved everything but still keep all of the security so that ppl would be guessing if the area was still in use......Dont we have any guys from nevada here? cant they go out and check if they dont come back then we all know what happened to them
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Magpie wrote:

Well if I was in charge I would have moved everything but still keep all of the security so that ppl would be guessing if the area was still in use......Dont we have any guys from nevada here? cant they go out and check if they dont come back then we all know what happened to them
You can't just go to Area 51. You have to go up on the mountains miles away and get a telescope to get a decent view.
Magpie

ryan_14 wrote:

Magpie wrote:

You can't just go to Area 51. You have to go up on the mountains miles away and get a telescope to get a decent view.
well duuh i know that i have also seen the x-files

anyway I thought that they a few years ago moved their"border" so to say back several miles to prevent ppl from being able to take any decent pics or use telescopes?
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6552|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
it totally moved.. i helped carry the couches and stuff..
Magpie

SuperSlowYo wrote:

it totally moved.. i helped carry the couches and stuff..
Did you get one of them alienbabies they handed out?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645
You can now see the airstrips on Google Earth... surely if it was still highly classified that would be blocked....
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

ryan_14 wrote:

Magpie wrote:

you can, you'll just get welcomed by a hail of gunfire.

the reason why some people think it has been moved is because they need missile silos to research space bound vehicles.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
I severely doubt that. Groom Lake is Area 51 because of it being Groom Lake. A huge dry lakebed surrounded by naught but empty desert. Easy security, room for a huge runway, and space for runoff.

See, I don't believe in this aliens crap. I do, however, think it's used to top-secret projects we don't even know about yet. Experimental concepts, like the Have Blue stealth project, and the urban legend Aurora hypersonic jet.
Not really a conspiracy, just a bunch of top-secret classified stuff that would be incredibly fascinating to know about.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
I doubt it moved maybe it did actually but in reality the Russian satellite captured two pics of area 51 or numerous pics. The first were take by the Russian satellite in like '50 or '60s and most recently they were taken around 2000 and it shows that the area 51 expanded by a LOT. Also it sucks if you are found trespassing you automatically get shot.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-14 10:40:17)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

UON wrote:

You can now see the airstrips on Google Earth... surely if it was still highly classified that would be blocked....
I don't know, on google Earth I found Russian and Chinese missile silos and airfields that would also likely be secret.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
I think the opinion is that anyone who'd be using it for espionage probably has better shots from their own spy sattelites.

Anyway, the runways are decoys, UFOs are VTOL anyway.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I think the opinion is that anyone who'd be using it for espionage probably has better shots from their own spy sattelites.

Anyway, the runways are decoys, UFOs are VTOL anyway.
no, UFOs according to Hollywood are VTOL, UFOs could also need a runway.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
What, you think an interstellar civillisation won't have VTOL tech?

Anyway, it'll all be obsolete in a few years. They're apparently considering carving America out the bedrock, mounting fusion thrusters, and blasting off into another orbit; the air force will be composed of dropships and shuttlecraft.
They're funding it through illegal immigrants. The war in Iraq is merely a distractor and a way to get as many people as possible out the country to make it lighter, and to pack more Mexicans in to work up the necesarry tax money.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6731|Comber, Northern Ireland
thats what they want you to think *suspicious look*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard