GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

Hey guys, so I bought into the whole crossfire/SLI thing when I upgraded my computer last year with the hope of offsetting obsoleteness by being able to add another video card to add some oomph. This week I decided it's time to update things by adding another x1900xt to the mix so I set out to look for a crossfire version. Theoretically this is how it was supposed to work, I decide to get another card, I buy it and link them and things are great.

Well, it looks like there are none of these cards ANYWHERE. I've checked every online retailer, price grabber, local stores and there are none. Even eBay has like 3 cards available, none of them ATI branded, and the one that is costs $699! I can get this this beast for that price. What is that seller smoking?

Anyway, so I'm lost as to what I should do. On one hand I feel kinda scammed since I can't do what crossfire is supposed to let me do thanks to ATI's supply. The x1900's aren't even that old ffs. However, they might save face if there are other options. Anyone know if I can use another type of card to make the Crossfire work, especially one that IS IN STOCK. Any other solutions? Thanks.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

if you want to run crossfire with a x1900xt you will need another x1900xt cf edition. so if you cant find a x1900xt cf edition (and i just searched and couldn't find one either) i don't think there is much you can do. you could always buy a 8800 though ....
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Exxorcism
Vatican's Holy Sniper
+2|6261|Vatican
Why don't you try to contact ATI to check if they still have what you need?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

Exxorcism wrote:

that sounds pretty smart; +1
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GotMex?
+193|6763

Exxorcism wrote:

I guess that would be the smart way to do this. Kinda like "read the manual" advice lol. I'm gonna send them an email and see what they have to say. I get the feeling that given the supply though, the price is probably gonna be high (so it would make more sense to purchase a different video card). Either way, it seems that crossfire has failed me. It is effective only if you buy the corresponding card at the same time.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah

GotMex? wrote:

Hey guys, so I bought into the whole crossfire/SLI thing when I upgraded my computer last year with the hope of offsetting obsoleteness by being able to add another video card to add some oomph. This week I decided it's time to update things by adding another x1900xt to the mix so I set out to look for a crossfire version. Theoretically this is how it was supposed to work, I decide to get another card, I buy it and link them and things are great.

Well, it looks like there are none of these cards ANYWHERE. I've checked every online retailer, price grabber, local stores and there are none. Even eBay has like 3 cards available, none of them ATI branded, and the one that is costs $699! I can get this this beast for that price. What is that seller smoking?

Anyway, so I'm lost as to what I should do. On one hand I feel kinda scammed since I can't do what crossfire is supposed to let me do thanks to ATI's supply. The x1900's aren't even that old ffs. However, they might save face if there are other options. Anyone know if I can use another type of card to make the Crossfire work, especially one that IS IN STOCK. Any other solutions? Thanks.
Well for one buying the 2x1900 was a dumb idea in the first place. A 8800gtx beats those cards in sli by its self and theres no need for the weird crossfire cables. Another thing you save $150 and you have a dx10 card that your set with for a long while.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

The#1Spot wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

Well for one buying the 2x1900 was a dumb idea in the first place. A 8800gtx beats those cards in sli by its self and theres no need for the weird crossfire cables. Another thing you save $150 and you have a dx10 card that your set with for a long while.
yeah... poor purchase.
GotMex?
+193|6763

The#1Spot wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

yeah... poor purchase.
That's like telling me 6 months from now that buying the 8800gtx was a bad idea since I can buy 9900gtx or whatever and beat 2 cards... I bought the x1900xt when it was the top of the line card out. I didn't opt for the x1900xtx since it was really just an OC'ed xt. The idea was that when the 8800gtx or the x1950xtx came out, I could just buy another x1900xt and keep up. Then I can purchase whatever comes next and the cycle continues.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard