trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6266|B.C. Canada
Your A Fuckin Dumb Shit!!! Battle Field 2 Is The Best Fuckin Game Out There!!!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6685|Middle of nowhere

WatchDog wrote:

Just a list of bugs/annoyances on bf2 that make it unplayable.
I thought that some of these problems were just my old pos computer, but when i got a new pc (E6700, 8800gtx 2G corsair ram) and these problems still persisted, it pissed me off.

1. It takes ages to load up the game
Patience young one
i)The movies take ages ( at least you can delete them to stop it)
It's called the 'Esc' button
ii)The login, connecting to account server, takes at least 1.5 minutes.
Oh noes! 90 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. The server list scan brings your computer to a standstill. No idea why, its very slow and lags whole pc.
Not really, i guess you still have a crappy comp.... or something
3. When you exit BF2 you get error chords. and pc lags for about 1 minute afterwards.
Jesus, you really don't have any patience do you?
4. Cant use intellikeyboard buttons to control music(winamp) while playing.
Well it's not like EA/DICE were thinking about music when they made a WAR game
5. Random crashes during play. (at least twice per day) The funny thing is, when it randomly crashes, it actually takes less time to exit (and makes no error chords) than exiting normally.
I don't get CTD anymore, so idk wtf is up with your computer
6. The hit registration is terrible. I empty multiple clips into people from close range sometimes. Also its fun to see people jumping repeatedly around groups of enemy's without them being able to hit them.
Everyone has that, deal
7. The ground vehicle and onfoot physics are terrible. Feels like driving on ice. Cars cant drive up small hills. When i play bf2 after playing CS its disgusting.
This isn't a simulator, it's an ARCADE style game, it's not meant to be perfect

Are any of these problems fixed in bf 2142, i was gona get it but if its based on the same engine as bf2 then i dont think i will.
/my rant
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6343|Oregon

trex1210 wrote:

Your A Fuckin Dumb Shit!!! Battle Field 2 Is The Best Fuckin Game Out There!!!
trex... cool it.
people have a right to their opinions.

Now, I think that bf2 has its problems, but it's a freakin' awesome game, and I enjoy it quite a lot.
Rag on DICE and EA all you want, but they made a fun game...
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6390|Pittsburgh, PA
I've always thought that the biggest problem with BF2 wasn't that the game has problems, but it's too demanding for the average computer. I have a Dell XPS 700 and I don't have most of those problems. By the way, alot of people don't realize that the intro movie and the welcome to duty can be skipped by pressing escape.

Last edited by Tompie913 (2007-03-09 21:11:17)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6343|Oregon

Tompie913 wrote:

By the way, alot of people don't realize that the intro movie and the welcome to duty can be skipped by pressing escape.

they don't?
what?!?
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6390|Pittsburgh, PA
Well it's the impression I got since everyone always complains about it
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6343|Oregon

Tompie913 wrote:

Well it's the impression I got since everyone always complains about it
... I think "load times" has to do with the actual game loading, not the intro... or do you mean something else?
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6390|Pittsburgh, PA
What? I mean the intro when you start up the game
agent146
+127|6394|Jesus Land aka Canada
LOL its does not It takes ages to load up the game or login when you GOT TWO FAT GIGS of ram. ! in other words bf2 works fine and runs smoothly for me. don't like it? you can always play something else but i dont' know what other game. only thing i can recommend for you to do is turn your graphics download to the minium to help with the load time.

Last edited by agent146 (2007-03-09 21:21:43)

Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6390|Pittsburgh, PA
Ya thats what I mean, I have 2 gigs but the average person doesn't
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6699|Calgary

WatchDog wrote:

I thought that some of these problems were just my old pos computer, but when i got a new pc (E6700, 8800gtx 2G corsair ram) and these problems still persisted, it pissed me off.

2. The server list scan brings your computer to a standstill. No idea why, its very slow and lags whole pc.
3. When you exit BF2 you get error chords. and pc lags for about 1 minute afterwards.
5. Random crashes during play. (at least twice per day) The funny thing is, when it randomly crashes, it actually takes less time to exit (and makes no error chords) than exiting normally.
6. The hit registration is terrible. I empty multiple clips into people from close range sometimes. Also its fun to see people jumping repeatedly around groups of enemy's without them being able to hit them.
7. The ground vehicle and onfoot physics are terrible. Feels like driving on ice. Cars cant drive up small hills. When i play bf2 after playing CS its disgusting.

Are any of these problems fixed in bf 2142, i was gona get it but if its based on the same engine as bf2 then i dont think i will.
Sounds like you need system.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6401|The Gem Saloon
ya, before i got this pc i had like 512 of ram and a fx5200.....i had things happen SIMILAR to what this guy is talking about, but nowhere near that drastic.
now that i got my new pc-dual core, 2gb, fxiforgotnorcare it works PERFECT....not one problem.
i couldnt complain before cause of the shitty rig, and i cant complain now cause nothing is wrong.

Last edited by Parker (2007-03-09 21:24:21)

TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6493|Hereford,AZ. USA
yeah my pc runs battlefield 2 PERFECTLY but i dont know whats wrong with your system or maybe you just dont know what your talking about but w/e
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

BF2 sucks so much because people cry about it too much.   Every game's gonna have problems. Sadly EA's games have a large share.   

This topic and Idea has been bled all over theses forums. Please post your thoughts in already existing threads. Creating a new thread about shit that has been posted 16 thousand times does nothing for you (other than maybe blow off steam) and wastes everyone's time.

THe flaws can suck. We all know that. There are other games out there if you don't want to deal with BF2.  Uninstall it, and game on.

Seriously, this thread has as much point to it as telling everyone I wipe after I shit in a thread i created.

For the love of god: Keep redundancy to a minimum.
maxQ
+2|6467|NZ
Have you checked your net connection with say www.speedtest.com ??  Why play US servers and suffer that shitty ping when you have internoob/GA servers close at hand ?  Also do you have a Dlink router by chance ?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.

WatchDog wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

WatchDog wrote:

Upgrade your computer

Upgrade your computer

Upgrade your computer

Try downloading the latest drivers. But it works fine with my G15

Rarely happens to me anymore. Your computer maybe?

Try some of sarges fixes. They work to a degree.

Keep playing CS then.
You dont read do you.
My bad, skipped a post or two. But, with the supposed rig you have, i think you got royally ripped off.

A virus maybe? Whatever, if you are telling the truth and that is your rig, something is horribly wrong with your computer and NOT the game.
RyansRangers
+2|6537
Wow, Watchdog just registered today and is looking for some love.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6564|Brisbane, Aus

WatchDog wrote:

When i play bf2 after playing CS its disgusting.
If you had used google or Search on this fourm, you probably would have found tips to correct Almost all those glitches. If you don't remove the intro movies you Can start BF2 and be in a server in 28 secs if you set it up properly (finding graphics settings that suit your PC, right criteria for Servers ie: ranked/populated comes back with 1,000ish servers).

If you don't feel like that.......

Do Not buy BF2142, Do Not play BF2, Play CS, and you won't feel disgusted about it's glitches.

Instead you can complain about AWP's/hackers/skilled people who are better than you but you can't understand why so you just call them Hackers anyway, you can do that ALL you want in CS.

Have fun, i know we will without you.
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6369|None ya
Well from what I read (the first few) this is not BF2 sucking, its your computer...
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6654
See, the funny thing in today's diverse world is that no one is forcing you to play battlefield 2! wonderful isn't it? so why don't you delete it and stick with CS:S? somehow that seems more appropriate for you.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6592|Seattle
well i dont understand the question but, yes, you should dose.

on second thought,

Exxorcism wrote:

My guess is that you have a shitty computer, thats all.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-09 23:14:08)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6445
Only one I agree with is the vehicles and hills.  Hell being on foot and hills too.  Some people tried to defend it, but we all know a tank and a jeep can go up something with a 5% grade, and so can someone on foot.  Other than that, maybe someone sold you 512 sticks and claimed they were gigs, haha.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6762
Well about being laggy after exiting the game, yes it happens, but I have 1 gig only so like many others said before: you have been ripped off. (If you want to reduce the time of lag after exit, then quit the game with alt+F4, it works for me really).
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6636|The Netherlands

WatchDog wrote:

suckage PC ,   with me it takes in total 30 secs,  you can put the movies OFF, so no more movies, so this is bullsh*t
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

BF2142 fixes pretty much all system type problems with BF2. Runs so much smoother.
Yep. Don't get me wrong, i loved bf2, persisted with it, didnt find the bugs all that annoying, but for me, it seems 2142 has been even more streamlined to run on lower end rigs
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard