FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6512|so randum
In response to the 20+ threads a day, about various AR's, it seems while people like the Baur, they find it quite ineffective. So, because i'm bored, and have run out of fags and the shops closed, im going to write a small guide to being effective with the Baur.

Step 1. Single shot, know when to use it. Med-Long (30 metres +) and this thing will outshoot any AR on the game, by a long way, if kept in single shot mode. Fire more than 3 rounds at these ranges in succession, and the accuracy will be way off, so keep it calm, keep it cool and pace yourself.

Prone is always good, scope drift is reduced and so is overall deviation, so whenever possible, prone. However, take into account that while going prone, the scope takes a while to settle, so if you're in a rush to shoot, just kneel.

Anything under 30 metres, and you shouldn't have a problem with using the gun in fall auto mode, just again, pace yourself, don't pay and spray, as you'll simply wind up dead. Aim, fire 2-4 rounds and torso, rinse and repeat.

Step 2. Reload. Often. Unless you know there is no hostiles close to you, you'll want to reload as soon as you drop below 10 rounds, otherwise if you get jumped, you'll find yourself not only having to reload, but also full of lead. Same apply to any rifle attachements you may have, rockets, herzog, reload em when not in combat, for when you need em.

Step 3. Don't Panic! Okay, so there's 3 nice hostile medics trying to kill you, using Voss/Krylov etc. Firstly, put some range, and cover between you and them. Why you ask, well, unless they have a Baur user as well, or are good with rockets, they don't stand a chance at range. Sit 50+ metres back, and fire in controlled bursts, aim for head with this rifle, until its safe to move. If caught in extreme CQC, keep moving, but keep your firing controlled, 2-4 round bursts, unless right next to the enemy, and they'll be dead in no time

I appreciate that this guide is mostly useless, but it's wasted 5 mins for me, and there might be something good in it for you!  - Fatherted13

edit- and if anyone feels like running round to my house with some cigarettes, let me know.

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-03-08 14:07:58)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Commando
+8|6613
I like what you are smoking
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6464|Bradford UK
Baurs A Cunt
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6603|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6608|Michigan, USA
Eh, i outsniped many a sniper courtesyof the Voss, with both rockets and plain old bullets, Baur aint the sniping rifle everyone claims it to be from what ive seen.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland
Nice short guide. Learnt a few tricks! +1.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard