• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Plz help QUICK real QUICK ASAP much help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ozzi92
+2|6707
k i'm buying a new computer (well not really my dad is) and he said that i can put any staff i want on it (eg. better graphcis card etc) but the thing i have to pay for them and someone said that if i want a good graphcis crad that bf2 runs good on (only bf2 SF doesn't metter right now) i should get the 256mb Leadtek 6800 256 bit. But that cost a lot of money does anyone now for a cheaper one
Here's a list of some i have on the list from the shop that are in my price range (100-150 AUS dollars)
256mb leadtek 6600LE
or 256mb forsa 6600 dvi

and one more problem is the CPU also a bit expansive a guy told me to get an AMD 3200+ (it cost 227)
here's a list of things i would like to get instead again in my price range
AMD Sempron 3000+
Celeron 2800
Intel celeron 2800

Plz help ASAP my dad wants to buy the computer tomz but i can sall another day so plz hurry thank u
ozzi92
+2|6707
Comon someone help
ozzi92
+2|6707
Comon help me hurry
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6754
any 128MB grapic card of a good manufacturer will do, and yes a AMD 2800 XP runs BF2 as well
I have one pc AMD 2800XP 1gig DDR 400 memory 128MB ATI 9600 Grapic card and it runs well
ozzi92
+2|6707
thanx man
Neuronal
+0|6789|Michigan, USA
Forget the celeron Processors they are to underpowered.

i use a p4 3GHz, 256mb Asus 5990, 1 Gig ram and it runs well not perfect.
i think with the 6600 you are on the right way but not an LE take a pro or platinum then you are good to go.

the processor is a thing. i don't like amd but intel is expensive but  thats your favor everything over 2800 Ghz is ok for battlefield

i hope i could help
The_Radge
+1|6708|Cornwall UK
I would personally go for the better CPU instead of worring about the Graphics card. Much already has been quoted in these forums about having a good balance of components as opposed to one particular "high end" part.

If you can afford any of those 2 cards in the 6600 range AND keep the processor you will be onto a winner. The 258MB of RAM of those cards will certainly make it look good, but note the decent CPU should help with draw distance.

It's not easy to expect performance from from a tight budget and if money is the the only problem it would be prudent to wait and save instead of buying a less than stella computer now.

BTW If your Dad is buying, why do you have to buy the parts? Do him a deal, tell him that the next few years till you leave home can either be hell or for a small price upfront on a decent CPU and Graphics Card we can forget the whole hormone thing? Mind you saying that, I was sent to Boarding School and that's were the money went!!

Let us know what you get as well, should be interesting to hear what the outcome is.

Best of luck mate.
ozzi92
+2|6707
well i've already made my decisson and i dont have to buy the parts my dad said if i want good parts (things he doesn\t need) i have to pay the differnce between wat he and i want anyway my decisson is AMD Sempron 3000+ 256mb Leadtek 6600LE thanx for the help guys
BTW about telling my dad he pays or i break wont work see my dad is isreali (my all famliy is) and if i say that we will say k first no computer then no driving u around and if u break anything forgot about sleeping in the house nice idea but wont work
Fahrenheit
+0|6780
id rather have an ATHLON XP than a sempron! as said above its about balance be mindful to have atleast 1gig of ram the more the merrier!! or else its lag loading city!!
ozzi92
+2|6707
yeah but that means 100 bux more and i dont have a lot of money i'll think about it
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
The 6600GT is a decent card.  Be sure to get the one with 256MB of memory.  IF you can afford to pay an extra $75, get the 6800GS.  They cost ~$200US and perform almost as well as a 6800GT.
Also, (even though I use a P4) you should probably get an AMD processor.  They generally outperform Intel in gaming.
And get at least 1GB of RAM (2GB if you can.
Ziggy_79x
+4|6687
I would seriously think about spending the extra $40-$50 and getting a 6600GT. The 6600LE is only a 4 pipeline card and the core and memory speeds are pretty low. Spending the extra cash will get you twice the performance and it will play other games like F.E.A.R that will kill a card like the 6600LE.
The_Radge
+1|6708|Cornwall UK

ozzi92 wrote:

BTW about telling my dad he pays or i break wont work see my dad is isreali (my all famliy is) and if i say that we will say k first no computer then no driving u around and if u break anything forgot about sleeping in the house nice idea but wont work
Nice to see family values are alive and well! You are quite right and good to see you have your priorities in the right place!
TC><Injecter
+4|6830|Berlin, Germany
GeForce 6600 GT or something like that. LE IS SHIT!
ozzi92
+2|6707
thanx for everyone's help here's wat i got (some staff the store didnt have although it was on the list and some staff i couldnt get coz they dont work with other staff )
128mb Leadtek GIGBYTE 6600 gt (Graphcis card)
AMD A64 3000+ (CPU)
thanx for all the help
ISIK_Dark
+0|6841|Pueblo
I have an MSI 6600GT 128meg and I play bf2 on medium to high settings and it runs smooth.

I also have a p4 3.0 and 2gigs of ram.

That card should be sufficient to run bf2.
ozzi92
+2|6707
thanx that nakes me feel a bit better
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6778|Scotland!!!
hey u went for the AMD 64 , good choice
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Plz help QUICK real QUICK ASAP much help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard