Velker
Accused aimbot user
+31|6244|Ohio
Over the last several years I have decided to research games before I buy them in the hopes that it will prevent me from wasting my money on a dud.  I look up things such as screen shots, reviews, and potential release dates. Some future games really catch my eye and I eagerly wait until the time when I can finally play it and see what it is like for myself. Unfortunately, not every game in the works ever comes out. Some of these quality-looking games have a lot of potential that is thrown away when a developer either goes belly-up or isn't able to complete it due to concentration of finances and man power on other projects. One that I personally looked forward to was a sequel to a Lucas Arts classic called Full Throttle. I really liked that game as a kid and wanted to see where Lucas Arts would go with the second installment. However, about 8-10 months into development the game was simply "cancelled." Needless to say I was disappointed. What games have you looked forward to only to find that you would never play them?

Last edited by Velker (2007-03-08 00:13:39)

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6501|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Probably Duke Nukem Forever
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6292|Australia QLD
I looked forward to Thief 4
Why'o'why did they kill it!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
TA2 but that's ok, Supreme Commander finally came out 10 years later.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

Thoruz
+42|6296|Germany
Baldur's Gate 3
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK
Full throttle as well I that used to be one of my favorite games.  Also and Sam and max freelance police was cancelled when it was almost finished which was very depressing.  Luckily Lucasarts lost the rights and telltale are doing a decent Job

Oh yeah I used to be in to a old series of adventures staring a guy called tex murphy the last one overseer came out around 9 -10 years ago and had a cliff hanger ending in preparation for the next game to follow it but unfortunately Microsoft bought out the publishers to get hold of the links golf games and there's been no follow up
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
Minesweeper 2000
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6616|Nova Scotia

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

I looked forward to Thief 4
Why'o'why did they kill it!
They cut Thief 4??
Dang....
jcurts
+25|6335|Coventry, UK
Starcraft 2
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Darky wrote:

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

God i love Duke
15 more years! 15 more years!
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6625|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I'd have to go with Full Throttle as well. Although I was dis-appointed when Jane's video game developers went out of business, they made some really awesome military sims. Oh, also Velker is a noob. :-)

Last edited by bob_6012 (2007-03-08 09:07:27)

Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK
Dungeon Keeper 3, thanks EA for killing off Bullfrog.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Nintendogamer wrote:

Dungeon Keeper 3, thanks EA for killing off Bullfrog.
gotta agree, DK is so amazing.

Also WC4, fucking blizzard arse bandits, they better not hold out and finally release it like they have been hinting.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

jcurts wrote:

Starcraft 2
Rumour mill has it that this is still a possibility...
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6628|South West England
Stargate: The Aliance

Dead Rising's Sequel and a few others tbh
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6507|Chicago
This is kinda off topic, but it's very much worth a read.

Possibly NSFW: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … ideo_games
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.
Pong: The Uprising

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard