|2eeper
+1|6676
Ok I NEVER command, in fact I find it boring. anyhow I am looking to get my basic commander which consist of 40 poinst IAR. NOW, what are some tips. I use the UAV and Arty and the supply drops. Is there any other way to EARN points or is it just using the basic stuff mentioned above? I seem to be having a hell of a time getting 40. Closest I got was 36 and the round ended, DAMN
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6732|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
HEY JUST KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY  sorry caps uav arty supplies and scans . you just need patience . go on 64 player with not many people and command . i got my basic and vet on leviathan as mec sf commander got gold and score of 130 i think very happy . sorry cant much more just look after your squads and spot everything . try to arty large clumps of enemy if you can . good luck.
theoflow
+1|6745
you have to go around and fight.  Earn points the hard way.  Best thing is to count hwo long it takes for artillary, UAV, Supply Drops, and Scans to refresh.  I haven't exactly timed it, but the more u command, the more you will be aware of when to check out the command console to start using the tools.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6768|Great Brown North
also arty takes approx 15 sec from the time you click before it brings pain to the enemy and put the supply drops near the fight, not right in the centre...
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
sorry also dont fight sit on ground defence or air defence to get ribbon and badge or ina tank to get ribbon. do not fight unless the were yiour at is being taken or your being attacked personally. i havent tried flying and commanding yet but i guess it would be pretty hard . im not an expert in this but if you fight you r no good to your team if get owned or whatever. i have most of my ribbins and badges from commanding , some might say this lame way to do it , but at least i got them all on winning rounds mostly lol !!!!!!!!!!!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6680|Calgary
Basically, commander points are based on how well your team does. The more points they rack up, the more points you will rack up. Your score is a percentage of their scores. So you must command them well, keep them alive and supplied.  You do NOT get points for using arty, UAV or supply drops. The better they do, the better your score will be.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
yeah wot super slim said ok
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6716|Madrid, Spain
play engineer and take care of your own toys. let the rest fight and kill...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6680|Calgary
ya, I do that a lot but I noticed I never get repair points? Do you get repair points when you command? I'm thinking not.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6716|Madrid, Spain
no you dont...but you dont get any kind of teamwork points anyway.
if you command as a medic you wont get points for heals or revives.
evillbill
+-1|6723|West Oz

theoflow wrote:

you have to go around and fight.  Earn points the hard way.  Best thing is to count hwo long it takes for artillary, UAV, Supply Drops, and Scans to refresh.  I haven't exactly timed it, but the more u command, the more you will be aware of when to check out the command console to start using the tools.
Don't go around fighting hand to hand, unless you are desparately defending your base against attack. As GAIKIWARRIOR says, find somewhere quiet and plug away at it. You get the best scores if your team does well and wins. Your 36 as the losing commander can become 72 as a winning commander. You'll be getting 80's in no time.

Best thing is to watch the action and try and help your teammates. See a few pinned down, drop a supply box near them. See a whole bunch of enemy coming, put a wall of arty in front of them. They walk into it and this gives your lot some time to consolidate. Use the UAV to give a defending/attacking squad some idea of what is going on.  The radar is hand for finding those spec-ops intent on wacking your assets. Whatever yoo do, if you see enemy, don't spam their positions, it can be very annoying. With VOIP it just gets better, you can tell the SL where is mongrel is.

I saw a sig  here somewhere that said

Some of the best games I have had as commander was when I had good squad leaders and some of the best games i have had as squad leader was when I had a good commander.

However is that all sounds too hard then I guess you can fight as commander on a 24/7 Karkand server. Now that's boring.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6680|Calgary
Copy that
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
hey evil bill where you at
evillbill
+-1|6723|West Oz

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

hey evil bill where you at
At work at the moment

Here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=-27.23920 … &hl=en

(might have to zoom out a bit)

But I spend every second week in Currambine

Last edited by evillbill (2006-01-12 00:29:11)

GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
cool i used to work for hitachi construction and mining spent most of my time in pannawonica

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard