stef10
+173|6500|Denmark

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

How in the world can you say that Christianity/Jewism and Islam have the same God.
Are you stupid or something. DO you know ANYTHING about the Q'uran. Jews, Muslims and Christians are people of 'the book', i.e. the old testament. They all worship the same God and have common prophets between them. Jesus is a prophet but not a deity in Islam. Abraham is common to all three. You do some fucking reading yourself sonny jim.
Allah is a name.

Jahve is a name.

Do you see that they are the same.

You really should know what Jahve means when translated from Hebrew.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 09:56:30)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6573
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#God

"The Qur'an insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews(29:46). The Quran's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham".
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark

topal63 wrote:

stef10 wrote:

How in the world can you say that Christianity/Jewism and Islam have the same God.
How can you say there is only one true-God, and then say those people over there there full of shit, that's a different God, that's not the same one true-God, that's a myth but my faith isn't, that's a false Idol but mine isn't, etc.
That is just what I believe in. My religion forbids me to think there are other Gods.

I am really tempted to find the place in the bible where God says that a fake prophet will come after Jesus and predict a fake God.

It is just so odd why they choose not to use his name then.

And wikipedia sometimes makes some bad shit.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 10:02:32)

topal63
. . .
+533|6736

stef10 wrote:

I am really tempted to find the place in the bible where God says that a fake prophet will come after Jesus and predict a fake God.

It is just so odd why they choose not to use his name then.
Go ahead, give into temptation, I eagerly await your earnest scholarship.

And then as well, while you're at it, could you also demonstrate, in a scholarly manner of course, how to pronounce the Jewish name: Yahweh.

stef10 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

stef10 wrote:

How can you say there is only one true-God, and then say those people over there there full of shit, that's a different God, that's not the same one true-God, that's a myth but my faith isn't, that's a false Idol but mine isn't, etc.
That is just what I believe in. My religion forbids me to think there are other Gods.
That is not an answer.
You didn't understand the question... and the implied rhetorical statement.

stef10 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Are you stupid or something. DO you know ANYTHING about the Q'uran. Jews, Muslims and Christians are people of 'the book', i.e. the old testament. They all worship the same God and have common prophets between them. Jesus is a prophet but not a deity in Islam. Abraham is common to all three. You do some fucking reading yourself sonny jim.
Stfu you stupid piece of shit.

Allah is a name.

Jahve is a name.

Do you see that they are the same.

You really should know what Jahve means when translated from Hebrew.
There you have it, perfect spiritual humility and scholarship, how can any reasonable person argue with a reaction, there is nothing more logical than stfu now is there!

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-07 10:07:28)

tino275
+14|6630

Erkut.hv wrote:

God is whatever controls your thought, actions, and guides your moral compass. For some it's money, a career, alcohol. Anything that guides you along the highway of life.

For some it's Christ, Buddha, Allah, sometimes people worship their ancestors.

I follow Christ. I was raised in a household that never went to church, and never stressed religion upon me. I found my God my way. The right way.

Others may disagree, but hey, that's your choice. Whoever, or whatever you choose to call God, God bless ya.
You control you Thoughts, actions, and your moral compass. 

God [Chirst for me also] just gives you options.

Last edited by tino275 (2007-03-07 10:08:57)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6543|South Florida
Athiesm FTW.

wrote:

'God is an invention by the government to keep the people in order, making them think that their actions on this planet will have an effect on their life after death'
I like that. It totaly makes sense that the gov would keep religion alive because it keeps people from doing crimes, without it, i bet you there would be 10000 times more crime, killing, raping, and it would put an enormous strain on police, it would probly be unbarrable.
So, i guess when i say 'i wish there was never religion' i mean 'i wish way more people were athiests'
15 more years! 15 more years!
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6385|Columbus, Ohio
These fucking religion threads are getting annoying.
zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Who do you believe in and why? I once read a book called 1984 and a quote from that (not word for word) was something like

'God is an invention by the government to keep the people in order, making them think that their actions on this planet will have an effect on their life after death'

That was basically what the quote was saying and thinking about it, it really makes me think. Alot of people keep in line because they feel that their actions will determine what happens when they die, what better way to control this than to put in place a God.

People need a leader, someone to worship, someone to help them in their time of need and a God is what they have. My question is, is that is it debatable that God is just an invention of government, Kings, Pharoahs ect.?
I never agreed with that idea simply because belief in God, Gods or some form of supreme being is something that is much older than any form of organized government, or should I say rule. It is also present in almost every society that was ever recorded with thousands different interpretations. You can almost call it a primal instinct.
So there is no way that God is a invention of Kings and Pharaons, the point that Orwell makes could be used, maybe, for modern religion. And if someone created it for the purpose of controlling people, he failed.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

usmarine2007 wrote:

topal63
. . .
+533|6736

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6537|Finland
The world was formed out of a bird's egg exploding.
Check it out if interested: Finnish mythology
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
Finally

So we do not have the same Gods.

After what god says he actually warns us about a man like Muhammad.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 10:18:24)

topal63
. . .
+533|6736

stef10 wrote:

Finally
Do you know why you are not Muslim?
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
Because I was not born as one.

I just know what I linked to shows that those Gods are NOT the same and that God warns.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 10:21:05)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

DO you know ANYTHING about the Q'uran? Jews, Muslims and Christians are people of 'the book', i.e. the old testament. They all worship the same God and have common prophets between them. Jesus is a prophet but not a deity in Islam. Abraham is common to all three. You do some fucking reading yourself sonny jim.

The schism between the three occurred between 33 AD (death of Jesus) and 600 AD or so (the time Mohammed was knocking around).
The Q'uran is not part of the Old Testament and again, it is not the same God.  Abraham is common, but Islam does not recognize the deity of Christ.  They are not the same, even if you personally consider them as such.
cMD-RR
+17|6305
my E-penis
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
Damn, why did Cameron Poe blow because I disagreed. He agrees that these threads are getting annoyng but stills posts and give really strong opinions about this.

But not we have some evidence.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 10:27:50)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6544|Milkystania, yurop

topal63 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

not gonna touch this one with a 10 ft. pole.
What about a 12 foot pole?
Stop talking about my private parts guys its not cool
topal63
. . .
+533|6736

stef10 wrote:

Because I was not born as one.

I just know what I linked to shows that those Gods are NOT the same and that God warns.
No, you were not born a Christian, you were just born. You were not born: NOT-Muslim, NOT-Hindu, or AS-A-Christian, you were just born. If anything you were born an atheist. You are NOT-Muslim, not based upon choice, or by choosing a "faith." You are NOT-Muslim, due to proximity. Which is not a reason, but a simple matter of pure chance.
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
Well, your eviroments says what to believe in. Of course I search about different religions to see if what I believe in is the right for me.
topal63
. . .
+533|6736

stef10 wrote:

Well, your eviroments says what to believe in. Of course I search about different religions to see if what I believe in is the right for me.
It is a FACT that proximity is the MOST important single factor, determining the possible "faith" a person holds or subscribes to. Choice, investigation, searching, conversion, being reborn again, etc; none of these play a significant role in the determination of what "faith" you hold. Your statement is an empty meaningless rationalization of your disrespect (<---) that of course is based upon your acquired (--->) "faith" given to you - due to your proximity to it (Parent; Country; region; etc).
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

DO you know ANYTHING about the Q'uran? Jews, Muslims and Christians are people of 'the book', i.e. the old testament. They all worship the same God and have common prophets between them. Jesus is a prophet but not a deity in Islam. Abraham is common to all three. You do some fucking reading yourself sonny jim.

The schism between the three occurred between 33 AD (death of Jesus) and 600 AD or so (the time Mohammed was knocking around).
The Q'uran is not part of the Old Testament and again, it is not the same God.  Abraham is common, but Islam does not recognize the deity of Christ.  They are not the same, even if you personally consider them as such.
They recognise Christ as a prophet. The supreme deity itself is the exact same. There is no difference. Why is it so abhorrent for you guys to accept that you all believe in the same God. You don't mind that the Jews worship the same one but as soon as someone mentions Muslims it's 'Oh my God! How can you possibly say that!', etc., etc., thinly veiled racism, etc.

All of the Old Testament is part of Islam, with the teachings of Mohammed (much like the teachings of Christ), superseding some of these older teachings.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-07 10:50:16)

Fen321
+54|6515|Singularity

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

The Q'uran doesn't claim to be part of the old testament, but a continuation just like Christianity.

And you hit it on the head there if you personally consider it as such it is....because frankly all authority that any of these texts holds are derived from the individual stating hmmm yes this is right.
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
What about reading through my link. There different places that does not add up. And God warns against a "prophet" like muhammad. Muhammad even says that Allah deceives muslims. There are different Gods Imo.

And just read that link.

And why does it say in the quran that Muslims and Christians/Jews are enemies.

How can God support that these should be enemies when God shoul iyo be the head of both of these.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-07 10:56:12)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

stef10 wrote:

What about reading through my link. There different places that does not add up. And God warns against a "prophet" like muhammad. Muhammad even says that Allah deceives muslims. There are different Gods Imo.
I'd say there are few scholarly folk out there who would agree with you. I have read large chunks of both the bible and the Q'uran myself. I wouldn't recommend them - they're pretty boring...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-07 10:54:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard