*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6760|Malaga, EspaƱa
i think it would be pretty cool for a Commander and his team to have what i would call

''Parachute Drop''

this is how it works

A commander prenounces an Parachute drop
the team players get a message :

*Parachute drop starts in 60 Sec do you want to join?
u got 1 min to comply and max 6 players allow (1 full squad)

if u pressed Yes in 60 seconds u will respawn (no death attached to it) but u respawn in an Transport Plane
the plane starts in the air directly from the Main Base of ur team to the place where the dropping will take place.

when the plane goes over the place where the commander set up his dropping the player automaticly jumps out of the plane. so u got a row of 6 players on parachutes going down...

the planes is controlled by AI (computer controlled) and enemies can shoot the plane down ow yes...but the AI will use his flaires once...

if u joined a Dropping everyplayer who joined it get 2 teampoints.

so what do you fokes think about that?

pretty cool eh?
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6717|Taiwan
yep, cool, but a waste of time.
good for the people who can only get some teamwork score by doing that
Daxmann
+0|6727|Denmark
Yep, it cool but how if you just respawn where the commander point, like the map in SF ( I can't recall what it's name ), but there you just drop from free fall, and you have to open your parachute you self.

I think it will take to long with the plane. But a great idea
Spyx750
+0|6760
sounds cool but for example on karkand it would be overpowered.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England
its a gr8 idea but one, i fink it should be available to every1, but only be a spawn point for like 2 minutes. or it to be available when a squad leader calls for support and only available to his squad or summut like that...
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6755

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

i think it would be pretty cool for a Commander and his team to have what i would call

''Parachute Drop''

this is how it works

A commander prenounces an Parachute drop
the team players get a message :

*Parachute drop starts in 60 Sec do you want to join?
u got 1 min to comply and max 6 players allow (1 full squad)

if u pressed Yes in 60 seconds u will respawn (no death attached to it) but u respawn in an Transport Plane
the plane starts in the air directly from the Main Base of ur team to the place where the dropping will take place.

when the plane goes over the place where the commander set up his dropping the player automaticly jumps out of the plane. so u got a row of 6 players on parachutes going down...

the planes is controlled by AI (computer controlled) and enemies can shoot the plane down ow yes...but the AI will use his flaires once...

if u joined a Dropping everyplayer who joined it get 2 teampoints.

so what do you fokes think about that?

pretty cool eh?
A nice idea...but unfortunately, that would be extremely unbalanced the game based on the more nebulous aspects of teamwork and organization.  By that I mean, making a drop that easy and automated would make it so that even the most dumb, stupid, and unskilled players could institute what could be a game winning 'chute drop on a main base.  What happens if the other team doesn't have any pilots?  Unless you offer the ability to have a slew of automatic defenses of some sort that requires the other team to take those out first...I don't think it is an idea that is going to pass muster.

I can only assume that this ability would only be availabe on maps with aircraft (i.e. - Jets) because doing that on Karkand or Sharki would make those maps almost undefendable.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6858|UK

Daxmann wrote:

Yep, it cool but how if you just respawn where the commander point, like the map in SF ( I can't recall what it's name ), but there you just drop from free fall, and you have to open your parachute you self.

Warlord..

I didnt know you had to pull the chute out yourself hahaha.. plummeted to my death
Daxmann
+0|6727|Denmark

StokoE wrote:

Daxmann wrote:

Warlord..

I didnt know you had to pull the chute out yourself hahaha.. plummeted to my death
LOL
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6731|Purplicious Wisconsin
Cool idea, but instead of requesting it from commander why not spawn in a c130 gunship like in dc, plus have it where you can request a vehicle without waiting for a teammate to come by and if the commander accepts a c130 will drop a buggie same goes for supply drop.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

Don't they already have this? Except now it's called spawning on your squad leader and you're not floating likes ducks in a shooting range in your 'chute while the other team picks you off.
OpsChief
+101|6693|Southern California
Torro,  good idea and well thought out... your ideas AI pilot, a 6-man airborne squad formed by commander to conduct a mission, 60 second delay to drop, 2 points for teamwork, and some defenses. Add to that the probable destruction of UAV, Satellite and Artillery and the squad members will get a few more points. The commander should get teamwork points for a succesful para mission.

Since a helo transport can carry 5-6 people the idea of a squad para drop is already part of the game. But the main point I like about your idea is the ability for a commander to form Squads for Strategic Missions and task the objective.

The idea that people could stat pad teamwork points by repeated drops is well taken so limit the number of drops per game. Since the para drop is tasked by the commander it drops like artillery so if the airborne drop has an AI pilot not worries about finding a qualified pilot.  I suggest only one drop per 10-15 game minutes.  The plane could start and load already in-flight, doesn't need to take-off and land at the home base.  The members must join the commander's airborne squad to drop. I think one other idea is the airborne squad is permanently locked (locked in and locked out), a one shot deal, so that no squad leader spawn swapping can be done after the drop. Once in you can't quit the squad except by death and then you cannot return to it after death.

On further thought the commander could have both HALO and Static drop configurations as needed. HALOs would just spawn at 10,000 feet and open their own steerable 'chutes (HALO jumpers should have an altimeter) or the drop could be a static-line drop (parachutes open automatically upon exit of the aircraft...hopefully).

It is certain that clans will trainup to make best use of this asset and that would drive the game to a higher level.
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6734|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Nice idea, but what about some convensional missles for the commander agains tanks or others vehicles.
armin
+0|6773| Bosnia & Herzegovina
how about nuclear bomb, or holy bomb like in WORMS? or a jackhammer for the engineers?
Boomerjinks
+301|6812|Denver, CO
hahahah

First people are trying to turn this game into Counter-Strike, and now Command and Conquer Generals!!
OpsChief
+101|6693|Southern California
lol hey boomer, EA decided to make BF2 more than a first person shooter when they added a Commander Mode in the first place, blame them...
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6724|Germany

armin wrote:

how about nuclear bomb, or holy bomb like in WORMS? or a jackhammer for the engineers?
The engineer already has a Jackhammer. The MK3A1 shotgun (unlock). The official production name of that thing is Pancor Jackhammer.

But I'd like to have the Holy Handgrenade of Antiochia...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard