[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6555|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Well i bought Euro force last night and downloaded it from EA link.

I clicked the install arrow, it appeared to all install correctly, but then when i click the arrow to play it, it just loads up normal BF2.

I then investigated and searched my program files and couldn't find anything to do with Euro force.

How could i re-install it through EA link, becuase i don't have the option to 'Remove-Item'.

Screeny:
https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7338/europroblemlb9.jpg

Much love and karma for any helpers .
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center
EF isn't like SF.  It runs through BF2 vanilla just like AF does.

Did you even try to play an EF map?
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
Yup, i couldn't find any EF maps on there though o.0?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Yeah, that's because there are only like...two servers that run them.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your installation.  EF is a booster pack, which means it runs off of BF2.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
Ahhh okay, thanks for help i didn't realise it ran through BF2. Shame about the lack of servers, oh well.

+1 for you .
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Try loading a map in Single Player. Should see Great Wall, Operation Smoke Screen and Taraba Quarry.

If so, then its installed
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
Yup that works Also i re-patched it to 1.41, so i think that helped .

+1 to you.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6355
I got the same "fake" problem at first but then I got the idea to enter "Great Wall" (in the map name) in order to see and find if servers were running it or not. and it worked.
purdonkurt
+4|6404|New Zealand
The best way to find a server is to select 'populated' when you search for servers, then type in 'Smoke', 'Taraba' or 'Great' on the map bar. just choose a well populated server with a good ping.
Phrozenbot
+632|6625|do not disturb

ThomasMorgan wrote:

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Yeah, that's because there are only like...two servers that run them.
Ricerckt93
+69|6662
Use this link:

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … ruleval=EU

It finds the EU servers.  Write down the IP address (and port #) on a piece of paper, then use the connect to IP button.

Thats how I always find servers.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Use this link:

It finds the EU servers.  Write down the IP address (and port #) on a piece of paper, then use the connect to IP button.

You can actually just copy and paste them Ctrl+C and then paste them ingame to the "Connect to IP" box with Ctrl+V.
Lot easier.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
Awesome, thanks to all especially Ricker
Ricerckt93
+69|6662

Snake wrote:

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Use this link:

You can actually just copy and paste them Ctrl+C and then paste them ingame to the "Connect to IP" box with Ctrl+V.
Lot easier.
Thanks Snake

I never tried that, but I will now.
|CBW|Simon
+2|6569
Go to the Link and if it only gives you the option to PLAY and not to reinstall, then this will fix it for you.

That was my issue too. here is what you do. Follow These instructions precisely and you will have no problems. Ask questions as opposed to make a mistake.

1: Open this folder
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES
and have the folder sized so it is not the entire size of your monitor. You should be able to see the Battlefield 2 folder AND your regular desktop.

2: MOVE the Battlefield 2 folder to your desktop. It is large so it will take a moment after dragging and dropping it.

3: Go into your EA Link and now the PLAY button will instead be an INSTALL button. Hit this button

4: It will go through some startup crap and so forth and finally get to a language screen offering you English as well as other install languages. DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING YET. At this point, move the Battlefield 2 folder BACK into the EA GAMES folder.

5: Select English and continue with the install.

6: Ones install is done, do the same for Armored Fury and then finally remember to install 1.41 update.

Thats it. You should be good to go.
Betrayal
+4|6792|Florida
Single Player works for me but not multi player. I am getting Pissed! I have reinstalled twice and re patched 3 times. There is no way to uninstall AF or EF so I am pissed.!!!!@#4235
jcurts
+25|6375|Coventry, UK

Betrayal wrote:

Single Player works for me but not multi player. I am getting Pissed! I have reinstalled twice and re patched 3 times. There is no way to uninstall AF or EF so I am pissed.!!!!@#4235
Same here, just got it through EA LINK, single player works fine, but I cannot play online. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but no luck.

Anyone???
samfink
+31|6565
EA Link must be running at the same time.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

make sure you repatch before you join a server, otherwise you will get a unmodified content error.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria

samfink wrote:

EA Link must be running at the same time.
Not true.
EA Link does not need to run when playing EF or AF.

Marlboroman82 wrote:

make sure you repatch before you join a server, otherwise you will get a unmodified content error.
Yes, install like this:
BF2 > SF > 1.41 > EF > AF > 1.41

Also you need to specify the account name (without prefixes) you're trying to play EF (or AF) with on your EA account page.
jcurts
+25|6375|Coventry, UK
Thanks globefish, it is working know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard