R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Well, after seeing how many people have downloaded Project Reality only to hate it because they don't know how to play it properly or haven't read the Player guide because it is 18 Pages or because your just to lazy.  So i have put together this thread full of the videos i could find on how Project Reality works and tips on game play.

Good Luck!

Player guide
Official Player guides  made by the developers.

Flying
Tips and Tricks for when you find your self in a Heli.

Tactics
Watch the style of play used.

tupla_s:
Project Reality Squad Training pt. 1 of 5

Project Reality Squad Training pt. 2 of 5

Project Reality Squad Training pt. 3 of 5

Project Reality Squad Training pt. 4 of 5

Project Reality Squad Training pt. 5 of 5

Text Guides & Useful Links
Stuff thats worth the read.
Player Guide Wiki
Official forum

Hopefully we will see more people play, and keep the player base growing!
If you know of any other good videos let me know so i can add them.

Last edited by R3v4n (2007-06-21 23:03:06)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Hmmm.  Tempted to play it now.  How's the community for it?  That was my biggest problem with BF2 was the people that play it.  Are they more serious/mature?
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

I find the people that play it are more teamwork orientated players, they are also smart in the way they play, they don't think they are a one man army.  The Server base is also building, in Aus we jumped from about 4 servers to 8 and there always a game going.

Gotta Love it.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
R@ge
+33|6314|Norway
Sticky please................
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR
sticky!
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

Sticky sounds like a good idea.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Hmmm.  Tempted to play it now.  How's the community for it?  That was my biggest problem with BF2 was the people that play it.  Are they more serious/mature?
Well its still a public online gaming community so don't expect magic, but the DEVs have done a good job making it harder to be "one of those people"

There is definitively still enough serious mature players out there to squad up with, and usually a good squad leader can coax team work outa everyone (or kick them from squad )
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

There are some disadvantages to PR, though.  In the map that looks like Oman, I got sniper, shot the driver of an inflatable from the carrier deck and his gunner and somehow got 200 points for those two kills.  Then I rode in the littlebird to the side of the mainland and proceeded with another marksman to cause the MEC much grief.

The problem was without parachutes, I was clearing flags but there was no one who could move quickly enough (by parachuting) to capture those flags.  I think we were the only two on the mainland for most of the time, and a sniper and marksman can do jack when it comes to capturing flags.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-02-25 22:18:44)

theexterminator222
Banned
+16|6280
i dled the game but i am way to ADD/impatient to learn or play like this... it just doesn't seem ufn
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
omg, so boring... gah!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6588|InGerLand
looks good but
30 seconds to take off in a chopper
why not 15 or 20?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
You guys are so closed minded, its project REALITY.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

laugh it off zeidmaan... laugh it off zeidmaan... LAUGH IT OFF ZEIDMAAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEE11!!!ON!!!!!!!!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6588|InGerLand

Superior Mind wrote:

You guys are so closed minded, its project REALITY.
yesh but surely a compromise should be drawn between making it real and making it still fun to play
15 or 20 seconds is still quite a delay but not as annoying as 30 seconds is
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
It's more fun to play than BF2. Which is ruined by the people who play it.

People who care about points are not welcome on this mod. No one cares about the points you get on a server.
If you like always being in the top 1-3 of the server then this mod is definately not for you.

It's all about the teamwork and squad based action. No Rambo style of BF2 where the medic reigns supreme.
If you die three times in a row, then that's normal. If you were working as a squad then you wouldn' be dead!
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
yeah this is what im looking for !!! can someone tell me when installing mods like this will i still be able to log in my favourite BF2 vanilla or SF maps ?? or do you need to change the executable or something ... please tell me im wrong ... same with the POE2 mod i would like to try it but still haven t convinced my self to do it

help me out here guys ... so one mature teamworking player is gonna go and join the fun

p.s. will there be A10's and little birds EVEN if i have not got Euro force or armord fury ??
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Tjasso wrote:

yeah this is what im looking for !!! can someone tell me when installing mods like this will i still be able to log in my favourite BF2 vanilla or SF maps ?? or do you need to change the executable or something ... please tell me im wrong ... same with the POE2 mod i would like to try it but still haven t convinced my self to do it

help me out here guys ... so one mature teamworking player is gonna go and join the fun

p.s. will there be A10's and little birds EVEN if i have not got Euro force or armord fury ??
you can still run BF2 & SF as you always could. all if does is install the data and give you a new shortcut (it's basically a copy of the bf2 shortcut with "+modPath mods/pr"added in) so you can choose to play which mod to play (I for example have a shortcut to bf2, SF, POE, PRMM, unlocks mod, battleracer and sandbox). all you need to do is run the installer and it will do everything for you. You don't need AF to get the Littlebirds/A-10 because pretty much every vehicle was modeled by the PRMM guys => no EA copyright.

same thing goes for POE
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6710|England
hey you missed my guide!!!1

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

wooly-back-jack wrote:

wow.  How NOT to do it. 
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

wooly-back-jack wrote:

Wow! That team really really sucked
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6588|InGerLand

wooly-back-jack wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8IAcaEmXo
yay alton towers music
whatever it is called lol
Chorcai
+49|6618|Ireland
^^^ LMFAO very funny
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Taking off is harder than you might think.

The bottom of the chopper tends to stick in whichever direction you are slightly leaning.

I can just hold "W" to accelarate and i'll end up going to the right and flipping,but then again thats my mouse.

I can take off,i just have to concentrate on keeping straight.

Also,you usually see more smoke grenades when taking off,everyone just throws them all as they spawn for some reason.Then they change kit and get 2 more and do it....
O))) one-weak
marksman chanpuru
+7|6202|sweden
just had to say that this is a great post. enjoyed all the videos
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I enjoyed the part when the helicopter got shot and the guy said stupid(I don't wanna say the swear word) a10.

I also like your vid wooly.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard